It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arent people sick of the ascension topics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
my name is new, but thats only because i could not recover my old account as i changed emails... so im not just some noob complainer.

call me crazy. people are allowed to post whatever they want. but how many different topics do there need to be on this topic?

are you ready for the ascension? the ascension is coming. prepare for the ascension. 2012 will be the ascension.. so on and so forth.

maybe im just a whiner. im sorry if i come off like that,just seems to be getting a little ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I do think, that it is percieved as farfetched. But everyone has there own reality and perception of things - some people even do it for attention.

But getting angry at what someone may have wrote is just a small thing in life, don't let it trouble you. =]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Not necessarily but I can see you are sick of it. If you don't like a thread, don't reply to it. Pretty simple.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

i understand and i wont. but it just seems sill to see so many of them. like the thread titles are getting funny. are you ready? are you really ready.. are you really really really ready???

and im not getting mad. just wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
haha...yeah, I understand what you are saying. And they are all starred with like 100 stars...sometimes ATS makes me sick with the people that support so much disinformation. And example of this retardism is here:

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen more than a few of them, and it bothers me a bit because there's very little real meat to them, mostly just New Age stuff and stuff they created. Mostly it's what they need though so I dno't complain to much. And for future reference, this thread really belongs in the rant section on BTS.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

regardless of where it belongs, i posted here only because thats where all the topics start. and this invites them to debate all these shennagins here.

and to the meat topic. ill gladly remember that during my next BBQ

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Heh, I'm just letting you know incase the Mods move this thread to BTS, I also get sick of seeing people complaining about their threads getting moved.

To be honest with you tthough, what really bothers me is the (ALiens landing/flas flag/earthquake/ect) this month or so threads.
At least the ones you are talking about are a person's personal beliefs, these other thread sgenerally are just bunk that people keep believing. Besides, if you predict an Earthquake, eventually you get one.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

if one could predict such an earthquake, they should be able to list the exact magnitude and location. ive yet to see this ever happen. lol.

i hope this doesnt get moved as being in this forum opens up the chance for intellectual debate on this topic rather than the millions of mindless threads that do exist. who knows. either way the whole thing is getting funny.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
And in a twist of irony,by starting a thread about how much you dislike the ascension threads,you've added to the number of threads about ascension

I thought it was all BS,I must say. I've changed my mind now,I've seen the beginging of what i'm capable of. There's nothing supernatural about it,quite the opposite.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think the ascenders start so many threads because they really need to convince themselves. And it feels good to have a group of people all on the same page about something. Plus they feel they have the moral high ground with the love talk.
Nonsense.. What kind of conspiracy is.. Are you ready for ascension..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Neh, not getting sick of those topics, the only thing i have against some of them is that they take an almost religious path with them; 'either ascend or perish!' and that is just like a beaten child that grows up and starts beating their own child. Cut it out. If there is something like ascension it's not a mandetory thing, it's optional.

So making people aware that there is something called ascension (or spiritual growth) is a good thing, forcefeeding people that idea is a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

you raise a good point what kind of conspiracy indeed. I can think of one.We're being suppressed,TV and all the little flashing images you see on a daily basis keep you from realising who you are. Clever symbolism in adverts make you feel comfortable and at ease,this makes you relate the product to a nice feeling.(different things can make you mentally attatch different meanings to things) This is no accident.They know that inside you lies dormant a power,a knowlage. Resonating on many differening requencies. You feel these vibrations everyday. Though you pay no attention to them,as you've learnt to ignore them. Try it now if you like,as you sit at your desk try and clear your mind of the daily grind you do. Take a few slow deep breaths in through the nose,and out through the mouth. Now,take a little look at your hand,that's your hand,right? Well,in that case,what does it feel like to be your hand,try to imagine what the bones feel like,what the blood feels like and all the little nerve endings,the tissue. It's all a part of you,so try to feel it.

If you let yourself feel it,you will feel it. Like a tingle at first,if you can feel that,try to make it spread,imagine it coming up your arm and accross your shoulders. Try to feel this new energy. There's nothing supernatural about it,it's perfectly normal. Your only barrier,will be your own thoughts and fears. Just pretend to feel it,and you'll feel it. It's all about imagination. Once you wake up this energy,you can't put it back to sleep. It's there. The mind is a powerful tool,learn to use it to its full potential. For yourself,not for anyone else,or to try and prove any points. Do it for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
What kind of conspiracy is.. Are you ready for ascension..

Well, the conspiracy-angle in this one is the fact that nobody in the mainstream is talking about it. Ofcourse the reason nobody is talking about it could be because it is a bunch of horse manure although i personally dont think so but the possibility is real enough to take into account

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i concur. there is no conspiracy here. i could say that little butterflies will eventually turn us all into cocoons and we will move forward to the next level of the universe, and call it ascension. Theres no ignore the man behind the door element. They are just new age thoughts that will , in the end, amount to bunk.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

if only you knew how wrong you are. We all have to deal with our inner energy at some point. (like when you croak it) It's nice to get a feal for what it's like and what it can do. But if you're not open to it,then you're not open to it. Some people won't even be ready to meet themselves.

a true skeptic doesn't just point,laugh and belittle with names. He tries out stuff for himself to see if it works. Why don't you try some meditation techniques? You never know,you might just supprise yourself. Or,you might prove yourself right.

I have a small passage for you to read if you're willing.
This is a simple way to try and reach a vibration state. (good place to be meditating from I can tells ya)

Lay down, close your eyes, and relax completely. Imagine that you are
separate from the body, and laying inside the body-shell. Imagine that your physical body is vibrating slowly, and your astral body is vibrating at a faster rate. Pretend you can both hear and feel the vibrations throughout your astral body as if you were standing in front of nine-foot speakers. Next, imagine the vibration of the astral body increases in pitch gradually, getting higher and higher. As
the pitch gets higher, the two notes go out of sync and a certain resonance gets stronger and stronger.

Repeat this exercise several times. This simple exercise can actually produce the vibrations which can separate you from your body. It also might help to try to listen intently for any sounds "inside" your head at various points in the exercise.

from this page about astral projection.
www.psychic101.com...

[edit on 16/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, I am cerainly sick of the Ascension topic. (I love how there are conspiracy "fads" on ATS, and right now, that fad is Ascension)

Here is a post that I made while trying to stop this fad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and all of that "Cosmic Brother" and "Everyone on the planet wants to ascend for us all to ascend" nonsense is getting on my nerves too.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd rather see topics which inspire hope rather than the old doom and gloom stuff. Besides, no one's being forced to read them.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i dont think anyone here has gotten to name calling. i think the topics are laughable. but thats different from calling the people laughable.

its as if one person struck online forum gold with the first ascensio topic. and then countless others saw a good way to bump up their ATS points by creating the threads we see now. i mean come on..

when one topic reads..

"Are you ready for the ascension?"

then another a couple days later...

"I am ready for the ascension, are you?"

then another...

"Are you ready for the ascension, REALLY ready?"

Anyone who doesn't laugh at that doesn't have a sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
bknapple32,I dunno what i can say really. Unless you try something,you'll never know.

But then,in the book I'm reading,it does say that opening yourself up to mental change,and working with your energies and emotions,can give you big ego trips. (all your emotions get stronger,it can be hard to hold it all in) Prehaps all this ascension stuff is related to this? You'll notice that those claiming to be in the process of this awakening,meditate. Now,I only started meditating last monday night,and I do feel like I've been asleep my entire life,and I've just woke up from this long slumber. It's like I'm just remembering who I really am,and this life I've been stumbling around in has mainly suppressed this. *shrugs,dunno if it's some kind of awakening or not to be honest,but the ego is definatly being stroked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join