It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arent people sick of the ascension topics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

when one topic reads..

"Are you ready for the ascension?"

then another a couple days later...

"I am ready for the ascension, are you?"

then another...

"Are you ready for the ascension, REALLY ready?"

Anyone who doesn't laugh at that doesn't have a sense of humor.

I would like to run by you all an idea I have for my next thread ok...

NOW are you ready for ascension? Really really really really really really ready? I mean REALLY ready? Are YOu sure?

Now of course I too find these titles funny so yes I do have a sense of humour
but what I dont find funny is the attitude of some of the people that come on them. To ridicule and bring someones beliefs into question is wrong, if you dont agree with ascension fine make your views known then leave the topic. Why relentlessly visit these topics just to have a go at people is beyond me.

If you dont like ascension threads just ignore them! By starting this thread you have in fact added to the number, so I ask you OP are YOU ready? Really really really ready ? ARE YOU? Aahh but are you sure?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

lol. It just gets silly. I have nothing against those who belive this. But to do it blindly without any sort of proof to make your self feel better is something else

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I am pro ascension but have found these topics too much. When a person is awakening they are compelled to tell others but I now think its wrong to try and convert people. To keep asking people if they are ready, then if they are really ready is as you say silly.

So you dont think i should post my new idea for my thread then

No maybe not..but I bet someone else does.....

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You're not the only one, no.

My 2 cents:

While people can post what they want here, and we should always be respectful and civil, I too feel like there are certain topics that may not necessarily belong here, or should have their own subject on the board entirely so that they don't take up space on threads where they don't really belong, detracting from the original topic.
Remember, the name of this site is ABOVE TOP SECRET, not metaphysical theories, etc. When I think ATS, the last subjects that come to mind are enlightenment, ascension, chakras, and the like. It's NOT why I come here. I was a long-time lurker here and fianally made a profile, then the membership exploded last year and things haven't been the same ever since. There just seems to be more and more of the stuff I DON'T want to see or read about and more and more of these posters spreading it all over threads it doesn't belong on, getting off-topic and reaching for connections that aren't there.
All in all, I still haven't given up on ATS, but I DO think they need to open a few more subjects on the board that pertain to the subjects we're discussing - and put them there - so the rest of us that come here for everything else can read and post without having to sort through it ourselves. That's why my activity here has dropped. I'm getting sick of these metaphysical, enlightenment, ascension, political ideology, general upsurge of bad grammar AND hoaxes!
There's a new hoax every day here it seems, that garners so much interest, gets everyone stirred up and then turns out that it's a hoax, as always, taking credibility away from this site. Until there are more places for those things here to keep them out of the subjects they don't belong on, this site is on an ever-downward spiral of credibility and enjoyment for those of us that come here for a reason other than to stand on a soapbox.

I have several suggestions for ATS:
1. Make subjects on the board for:
a. Metaphysics, spiritual, etc.
b. Political issues, consparacies, etc.
c. Proven hoaxes. (Every time a thread or post is proven a hoax or has been proclaimed by general belief that it is a hoax, it lands itself in this subject line on the board. That way, we don't even have to click on a post once to see what the mods have to say about it, we can just review them at our will and they no longer take up space elsewhere.)

It's named ABOVE TOP SECRET, let's keep the subject matter such.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Area_X

the hoax system, i think works well as is.

There should be aboard for the metaphysical. Skunk works should be theories of people claiming nasa is a fake, or that the U.S was really founded by Egyptians or something. Giving the ascension people their own board i think is appropriate. Their theories are beyond speculative.

and ps i still think the no one thread has yet to be addressed as hoax or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Area_X

Hi
You say ATS has no place for ascension, awakening and the likes of chakras ..its for aliens. Well may I tell you I joined ATS with a hope of finding an answer to an alien encounter I had 6 years ago. This one visit changed my life overnight, I became obsessed with what it was, why it visited me and what it wanted. So I joined ATS and my search lead me to just these subjects you say do not belong in ATS. You see alien abductions, implants, UFO's and the like ARE all linked to an awakening some are feeling. We and these aliens are somehow all in this together, how exactly I do not know..are they trying to help us become more spiritual or are they as some think actually trying to stop it.

So now my search for aliens is secondary, I no longer search the skies for UFO's or constantly try to find out what exactly it was I saw. I have discovered through the chakra energies and meditation that its all related anyway, and by becoming more awakened I just might actually be given some answers.

You are part of one big universe, aliens included and by accepting that these are all linked to one universal force is exactly what ATS is about.
The fact this force is pure unconditional love makes people think it has no place on a conspiracy site, well this in its self to me is a conspiracy.

There already is a board for metaphysics and the paranormal, you just need to scroll down right to the bottom.

Oh and Im just not about ascension, I do still have several alien threads so for me ATS is very balanced. In fact recently I think its done an excellent job doing just this.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Area_X

the hoax system, i think works well as is.

There should be aboard for the metaphysical. Skunk works should be theories of people claiming nasa is a fake, or that the U.S was really founded by Egyptians or something. Giving the ascension people their own board i think is appropriate. Their theories are beyond speculative.

and ps i still think the no one thread has yet to be addressed as hoax or not.

Like I say please scroll down the whole home page you'll be suprised what there is. Do you just stick to aliens and skunk works?

NO NO we do not want an entire board dedicated to ascension, this will dilute the quality of threads. There are several excellent threads running now and that is all we need, if there good one or two is fine.

"Skunk works should be full of people claiming NASA is a fake" now if this were all skunk works was full off I feel its popularity would fade. Its a brilliant forum because it is so varied, America was founded by the Egyptians? How long would this thread last...not many pyramids in America.

Ascension theories are not beyond speculative because very real things are happening to very real people, but as is with most things proof is hard to come by. SKUNK works is for personal experiences with little proof, perfect for ascension.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
actually no, I'm not sick of the ascension topics...

It's something that's out of my realm so its very interesting to read about others experiences.

As for earthquakes, some of us live in earthquake zones and its a daily worry. The area I live in has quakes and to not be prepared for one would be stupid. As for guessing when they are, I'm all for people trying to figure out a way to warn others when an earthquake is coming. If we don't try now, then we might as well just forget about it right? That's what you'd like? Im' not quite sure how earthquakes were brought into this subject but they were and I just had to comment on them.

Tela

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Earthquakes were brought up by someone talking about people claiming to predict them, yet cant provide details ever. Its like ms cleo telling you that you will have a decision to make in 3 months. OF COURSE YOU WILL.. That kinda stuff.

I rely on science to predict earthquakes, that is if we ever get it. Which Im sure one day we will..

As to you liking the ascension topics, I have no problem with it. This thread was just started with curiosity... But One question, what does it do for you? Does it help with your career? Your bank account? Your family? Your intelligence? Like, I dont get it, if all it is is meditation, whats with the lore behind it on this site.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Your avatar is beautiful by the way.

I have had my wrist slapped today for doing one lined replies so I will also say I am glad you are not sick of ascension threads too!

MG

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join