It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a former National Guardsman has to say about Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The problem with the protest is that it aids and comforts the enemy. We now know from the words of Vietnamese leaders, they would have not fought as hard and as long were it not for the protesting here in the states. In effect, the demonstrations caused many more casualties to occur, both on our side as well as theirs.
As far as whether or not the conflict was just, there is alot of information to sort through before you might say it was unjust. What I do find interesting is that Ho Chi Minh was a staunch admirer of the U.S at one time, and was a definite ally during WWII. After defeating Hitler and freeing France from his grip, Vietnam still had to struggle to free themselves from France (A little ironic, huh?) Vietnam did not ask the U.S. for money, weapons or assistance. They asked only two things, to not assist France and to say a few good words on their behalf. The U.S. failed them on both accounts. Ho Chi Minh then welcomed communism instead of the system he once wanted his country to be like.
Now you know the rest of the story, sad as it might be.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To this day my brother does not have a purple heart...official reason, because he was not on a "combat mission" at the time the chopper went down.

Reason my brother gives? Because there wasn't any brass around to get a photo op.

Kerry could kiss my ass in the moonlight if I'd let him get that close...

but I won't.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Valhall]

Val - I just read this story a couple of days ago from my home town news paper.

A daughter fought and got her Dad's medals he had earned over 30 years ago.

Did you / do you ever think about trying to go back to the military and asking for the medals ?

this is a good story - check it out

www.thedailyindependent.com...

also, many thanks and prayers for your brother and all of the men and women who "fight" for America.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I understand the discussion about aiding the enemy but... This country is founded on our freedom to protest and free speech. If we halt that for any reason than we are not Americans. I have traveled all over the world, especially in the Middle East and I can tell you the one thing the "regular" person there is most jealous of is the fact that I as a regular citizen can stand up and say whether or not I am agreeing with our government.

It is a double edge sword I know but I think in reality we must protect that right above all and be damned to those who use it against us.

The exception would be protesting against the troops themselves. We have a voluteer army and they deserve our support, the administration is another situation as usually little more than 50% of the citizens wanted whoever is president in office in the first place.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
With rights come responsibilities, and they are just as important as the rights themselves.
The question was not whether they had the "right" to protest, but what was wrong with the protesting. The problem was the scores of deaths, the tortures and the disappearances of people who answered the call of duty. Their suffering was not from the result of "supporting the troops", and nobody should drape themselves with the flag and call themselves good citizens using their God-given rights in order to justify the outcome.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i feel it's our obligation to protest things we feel are unjust, especially wars. blindly accepting our governments choices is unpatriotic, imo.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

"No not me and KG, we don't have the cognitive capacity to lead. All right, we'll do it! We'll lead as two Kings!" -JB

DeltaChaos Out

"The first decree is to legalize marijuana.
The tyranny and the bull#'s gone on too long.
You old #in' shrivs who blocked it's legalization,
you're banished from the land!"_ JB

^ Gotta love the D.

Um ,as for Bush. I doubt that he fufilled his duties in the National Guard. I don't trust the guy one bit. It's easy to tell when he's lying, when his lips are moving.

[Edited on 3/9/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Who cares about a presidential candidates military background? That's not going to help them as president to bring jobs to us or help education or anything else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join