It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai: I'll send troops to Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Karzai: I'll send troops to Pakistan

news.yahoo.com

KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan President Hamid Karzai threatened Sunday to send Afghan troops across the border to fight militants in Pakistan, a forceful warning to insurgents and the Pakistani government that his country is fed up with cross-border attacks.

Karzai said Afghanistan has the right to self defense, and because militants cross over from Pakistan "to come and kill Afghan and kill coalition troops, it exactly gives us the right to do the same."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What do you make of this.. what is gonna happen next in this region??

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

sigh.....

Combining this with Bush's claims of catching Bin Laden before the end of his term and it sounds like a recipe for war in Pakistan.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The latest symptom of a gathering storm. Pakistan is falling under the control of folks who are not friendly to the US. So of course the US will have it's lap dog Karzi bark and yip a bit. He should probably worry about his own country, what with the recent success of the Taliban there.

Iran and Pakistan have recently had high level cooperation. Couple that with the Iraqi's making noises that the US is no longer welcome and you've got some real problems coming down the pike.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Pakistan have nukes. This will surely end well for our troops in the area... NOT. And Bush don't want Bin Laden, Bin Laden is dead. Also, he's a ghost, and the government intent on keeping it like that so they can do a hundred years war against ``Al-CIAda``.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sounds like he's beginning to feel the pressure. I'm not surprised with the last couple of weeks he's had. He's a prisoner of his own country. He might as well be under house arrest. I'm sure the Taliban are quaking in their boots. They can't even beat the Taliban in Afghanistan, let alone the fighters in Pakistan. They'll get licked if they cross that border.

These are strong, empty words from a desperate leader.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well at least someone has the cahones to stand up for their borders.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Shocking to say the least. Pakistan will not take this kindly and it is starting to look like Bush has had it with Pakistan's two faced games.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think what Karzai means, is that he will be backing up more US incursions with whatever forces he can muster. Pakistan is a powder-keg right now.

I have little doubt that "rogue" Pakistani nukes will be instrumental in the reason for a new expanded war. We might even see an "accidental" detonation right within Pakistan. If Pakistan were to shoot itself in the foot, so to speak, with a nuke, it would justify outright US invasion. The US needs the Pakistani coastline to open a new front against Iran with strong naval support and supply routes.

[edit on 6/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Karzai is trying to blame his failure to stop '1200 taliban prison break' on Pakistan.Don't blame him though...
I still can't get over it!1200 Too good!

Karzai has long lost the control of afghanistan.He shouldn't really blame Pakistan though,his best mate Musharaff is getting grilled hard at the moment for cooperating with Bush and will be gone soon.US starting a war with Pakistan is impossible.Pak and China are best mates and China is not gona like US bases next door.Messing with Pak will have very deadly consequences.

top topics

join