It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend me a serious book about aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm looking for a serious book about aliens that I can read while relaxing in my gazebo. I'm looking for one that would talk about their agendas, their technology and how disclosure would affect our technology/way of life.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"UFOs and the National Security State" by Richard Dolan

"Disclosure" by Steven Greer

Start with those two and your eyes will open...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Anything by Timothy Good is well researched and well written. I believe this website took its name from "Above Top Secret" by him.

"History of UFO Crashes" by Kevin Randle is probably the best UFO related book I've read.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
G. I. Gurdjieff - All And Everything Volume 1: Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson.

It's hardly relaxing, but it "is" serious... sort of.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Disclosure by Steven Greer is a great read I am almost finished.

I know its a bit out there but I would reccomend "Chariots Of The Gods ?"

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would anti-recommend Chariots of the Gods, it's one of the most poorly researched and contains more blatant fiction than fact. Erik Von Daniken's done more to hurt serious UFO research than probably anyone else in the past few decades.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The reason I would reccomend it is because it does give real or not info about the history of ET's presence on Earth, I do agree that this book is not the most reliable and probably isnt worth the read.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd like to throw out one of the classics of this field - Whitley Strieber's Communion

Really fantastic read.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Threat by David M Jacobs. This book concentrates on abductions and the reason for them. I would not recommend this as a first read on the subject of ET'S, but once you study the sighting aspect of UFOs it is a great follow up. Here is a link to read more

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ONE: REDFERN

Read this book. Contacted and met the Author. Had dinner with him, at his local pub, when he lived in Birmingham (UK). Nick helped me find my classified documents relating to my own abduction / ufo experiences. We keep in contact. Nick is a brilliant writer and a sincere investigator.

Nicholas Redfern's "COVERT AGENDA - The British Government’s UFO Top Secrets Exposed"

PARAVIEW SPECIAL EDITIONS, MARCH 2004, ISBN: 1-931044-70-8

TWO: ABDUCTED - THE STORY OF THE INTRUDERS"

by DEBBIE JORDAN ISBN 0786701293 PUB Carroll & Graf

Debbie is a personal friend of mine. I count that as a real honour. Her family's story of the abduction scenario was serialized in the TV Film Series - Intruders. She has close links with Budd Hopkins in New York. So much of what Debbie, and her familys have gone through, touches on my own personal experiences. Debbie gave me the courage to speak out. She is a fighter and a hero IMHO.

THREE:John SPENCER's "GIFTS OF THE GODS?"

ISBN 0863698212 PUB Virgin

John Spencer's book was the first that I ever read about the Abduction Phenomenon. His book along with one written by Jenny Randles explained how UFO / Aliens go hand in hand with other psychic phenomenon. It was like checking off a shopping list for me slackerby!! I guess it was part of the memory jog I needed for recalling childhood experiences. The most useful thing that came out of reading the book was to find out about the Witness Support Group (WSG) that met in London. John gave me a "reference" so that I could join this Support Group ( under the auspices at that time of BUFORA). I duly went to Westminster London University to meet with them. I made very good friends with
Professor Elison (MIT) and Atasha (CSETI). Both provided scientific back-up to my UFO claims. Elison researched my CSETI experiments into crop-circle tones. I have to add that this was my own seperate investigation and not directly directed under CSETI.

FOUR: UFOS -THE ELECTROMAGNETIC INDICTMENT / PSYCHIC CLOSE ENCOUNTERS"

By Albert BUDDEN ISBN 9780713724218 PUB Blandford

Now this might seem like a strange choice for a confirmed abductee but I would like to place this arch-skeptic on my list. A lot of what Budden puts into his book is breathtakingly brilliant. Although I might not agree with his conclusions - "Electro-magnetic Polution" on the mind of the abductee - I still find his thinking intriguing. There could well be a connection with EMP and the abduction experience. However, I think it is one that allows people to see certain UFO events rather than produce an aberration in the mind. Budden provided me with an "acid-test" to my investigations.

FIVE : "ABDUCTION - HUMAN ENCOUNTERS WITH ALIENS"

by JOHN MACK Professor of Psychaitry at Harvard Medical School

ISBN 0671851942 PUB Pocket Books

Sadly John Mack was killed in London last year in a motor vehicle accident. This is a great loss to the UFO world. The Professor took on a scientific investigation - into the Abduction phenomenon - at great personal risk to his own professional standing and livelihood. He successfully overturned an attempt by Harvard to try and gag him about going public with his findings. It was Prof. Mack's medical opinion, that the abductees he had studied, were basicly traumatised people. They were giving a truthful account of a real alien intervention in their lives. Mack demonstrated, in the "Abduction" book that abductees are people drawn from all walks of life. This gave me great personal reassurance.

All the best Circle

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock....excellent read.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I agree with a previous member - "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good will really whet your appetite! For something a bit different, try "The Rainbow Conspiracy" or even "Majestic" by Whitley Strieber for a bit of 'faction' (fiction/non fiction cross).

Finally - if you can get your hands on it, "The Interrupted Journey" - the true story about the Betty & Barney Hill Abduction case is a MUST!.

IRM

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
'Does it rain in other dimensions?' by Mike Oram
ISBN 978-1-84694-054-5
O Books 2007

Someone on ATS mentioned this book a while ago and I was intrigued enough to buy it. From the cover:

'It is a compelling account of extraordinary human experience with non-human intelligences, coupled with complex and thought-provoking information.'

This book is from a British UFO researcher and he certainly impressed me as being sincere in detailing his own experiences.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
there all lots of well written ufo books out there though as you will be reading these in a gazebo id have to agree with evanmontegarde
and go with Anything by Timothy Good.

Timothy specifically wrote most of his books to be thouroughly enjoyed from the comfort of a gazebo

Need to Know is a great book by Tim, starts from the early 1900s right up to present day. It a great read.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by zeetroyman]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

So, I know you asked for a book about aliens, but I reccomend this book to alot of people who have any sort of interest in aliens, paranormal activity, blah blah blah.

It is called 'The Mammoth Encyclopedia of the Unsolved'. It was written by Colin and Damon Wilson. Check it out.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
A serious book about aliens? If that's what you want, then I recommend taking a look at some of the old school ufologists and the books they wrote. A couple of good ones that I've read are:

The UFO Experience by J. Allen Hynek

and...

Confrontations: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact by Jacques Vallee

or, if you wish to delve into the darker realms of ufology, then by all means read Missing Time by Budd Hopkins, as well as his follow-up book titled Intruders(just be sure to purchase a decent supply of energy-saving bulbs, because you won't be turning your bedroom light off anymore).

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Flatwoods]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I`d go with most of the above ,excluding Strieber
as I`m convinced he`s been used to ridicule and
instill fear into the subject!
Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs is a very good read as is
Alien Liaison by Good.
Col J Corso`s The Day After Roswell is a very important book imo!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Aww..I remember picking up Chariots of the Gods from my middle school library - that book started me on my journey to all that is CTs..I've even been to the Chariots of the Gods amusment park in Switzerland..

I take it with a grain of salt of course, I've grown considerably since then ( the early 80's) but it was my start in any case.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I agree with Elmer_Dinkley,Alien Agenda :by Jim Marrs is a great starter book.It was one of the best ufo/alien books I have ever read.

I agree also with the members who recommended you not read anything by Erik Von Daniken.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join