It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Tim Russert: Dead of apparent Heart Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by kosmicjack

You haven't seen ANYTHING offensive until you've seen multiple necrophilia pictures of Tim Russert.
[edit on 6/13/2008 by SonicInfinity]

What the hell is wrong with you!? What the hell is wrong with ATS!?

Get a grip people and show some decorum! Are you all so sick and jaded that you can't let people mourn a good and decent man without rumors and salaciousness!?

Is THIS what we can expect from ATS!? F - this place if that's what it's about.

[edit on 13/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

Kosmicjack,
I completely agree with you. I was trying to ignore the crazy talk....but I am glad that you spoke up. Tim Russert, by just watching him, you knew he was decent man. He had faith in humanity. I respect that more than anything. I, myself, have a tendency to become jaded...especially when I read something like (the above quoted post).

We lost one of the good guys today. We can all learn from his example.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yes, this thread is in dire need of moderation...

This is not a one line post.

[edit on 13/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yea, this is insane, this is the sorta crap that keeps people looking at this place as the publisher's clearing house of nutjobs.

Older, overweight, rich man dies of heart attack...

ZOMG murder!!!!!!

Come on people... get over yourselves...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

Weell , whtas intersting is how bill oreilly just a week ago said quote unquote that russert was finished at nbc, look for more details, fihy, absolututely

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Civility and Decorum are Required

Alright, back on topic and keep it clean and civil.

This is your warning.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

yo man dont make tim russerts death into a big conspiracy theory that is very innappropriate and deffinately disrespectfull to do so.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
anyone with a heart wishes the best for someone in human compassion, on their journey through life and death. This explains to me why there seems a heck of a lot of loyalty and admiration on this thread. However I am puzzled by the degree of loyalty here, as this was someone in the American ms media, and this is a forum purporting to be against all that the mainstream media stands for.

I don't know about him much. Therefore I must conclude by the comments I have read in this thread, that he was a good man with a heart, who did the best he could within a system, because he was trapped in that system whilst knowing the truth about 9/11; the uss Liberty; American military ventures since ww2; anthrax in the mail; the patriot act; the neo-cons; homosexuality, pedophilia and child slavery in high places; cover-ups in the oil/gas/nuclear industries; the black budget; chemtrails; secret space projects and nuke testing; wall street/city of London; the IRS; the Federal Reserve bank; washington corruption; the stealing of the elections; the way Ron Paul and any other decent politician who could easy capture the popular vote are shut down; the consequences of being a whistleblower; on and on....

Sometimes it can get so overwhelming the lack of love and the deceptions that your heart literally can't take it any more. You kind of don't even bother much to look after yourself either. Did this apply to Mr Russert?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

Thank you for the tasteful tribute to Tim Russet (R.I.P.) and for creating it so quickly. It captures his smiling face and merry eyes and a rapier wit and a great understanding of the complexities of America's political structure.

Thank you as well for your hilarious picture of the cat with a helmet that looks like a tennis ball - Funny! I laugh every time I look at it. And on a night when many Americans are saddened by Tim Russert's passing, we need to laugh just a little for he certainly had a merry sense of humor and joie de vie and I don't think he'd want us to be too sad. He loved life and lived it to its fullest. Barb

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

Forum Rules and Guidelines

• Please Stay on Topic
  • Courtesy Is Mandatory
  • Civility & Decorum are Expected

Please focus responses on the Topic Of Discussion, as opposed to each others' "perceptions of" fellow members' character and or person.

Thank You.

» Breaking Alternative News » NBC's Tim Russert: Dead of apparent Heart Attack » Post Reply

• posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:35 PM
    link   
    reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Fine, I'll be the bigger man and just leave the topic, since I'd rather not spend page after page arguing back and forth with kosmicjack. Perhaps when all the tears have been shed, we can get back to discussing the possible conspiracy of his death.

I still wish my condolences to his family and friends.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:16 AM
    link   
    He did a hell of an interview with O'Connor, Scalia, and Breyer. I liked Russert, he was good people.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:03 AM
    link   
    I was at a Washington Wizards NBA game in February and he was only a few rows away from me. He was talking politics with his friend. Its sad that he died.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:08 AM
    link   
    I'd suspect Russert would have been pretty critical of America's Great Young President turning out to be just another upper-echelon front. Maybe not in those words, but, he wouldn't have given Obama the free ride the rest of the press probably would have given him.

RE: Clinton involvement -
    /

Hopefully he's gone to a better place! I will celebrate his spirit.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:28 AM
    link   
    What a wonderful man Tim Russert was. I liked to hear him talk about Big Russ. He had way about himself. His faith, his love of family and his love for his work ... he will be missed!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:04 AM
    link   
    I am truly sadden by this news.

Every Sunday, "Meet the Press" is on UK CNBC and I've always admired the political class and intelligence of Tim Russert. He truly was one of the good guys.

A tragic day for all those who comment and follow the political world.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
    link   
    This is sad... he was only one of a handful, like Bill Moyer's, Walter Cronkite and Jim Leher who could be counted on to be something other than an administration lap dog.

NBC had best be very judicious in its pick to replace him on Meet the Press... I like Ann Curry myself.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:29 AM
    link   
    the thing i really like about Tim was his obvious care for our society and people in general, this "feeling" radiated from him, he will be sorely missed. I always wished that he would one day turn on to the more "alternativte" ideas in society such as some of the ideas expressed on the board, it would have been cool had he asked some of the politicans more pointed questions about these "alternative" ideas...

[edit on 14-6-2008 by bitbeam]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:43 AM
    link   
    I will miss this man. He was, in my opinion, as honest as he could be under the extreme pressure that prevails in the #storm we know as the Main Stream Media.

Here are some of my Tim Russert faves!!!

“How troubling is that to you, that only 2 percent of African-Americans say that George Bush is doing a good job as president?”

HAHA...I spit coffee when I heard this. Way to go Tim!

I was sitting in my living room nursing a broken jaw when I heard Tim say this......

“bureaucracy has committed murder here in New Orleans.”

Yep...that is the truth I muttered as I swished some Jack in my wired tight mouth, eyes glued to the TV as I watched New Orleans sink.

I often wonder where Tim Russert got all his info from. Then I read this and I figured it out.

As a Cleveland-Marshall College of Law student in 1974, Russert attended the infamous “10-cent-beer night” at Cleveland Municipal Stadium that ended in drunken rioting by Indians fans.

Tim said of the night “I went with $2 in my pocket,” recalls the “Meet the Press” host. “You do the math.”

Yes Mr. Tim Russert figured out where to get all the best tales that have kept me rivetted to Meet the Press.

I will have one on you Mr. Tim Russert.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
    link   
    I have to admit that I'm shocked at how many of you guys have such wonderful things to say about Mr. Russert. I share your sentiments though!
    He was pretty much the antithesis of Larry King--a hard-hitting, truth oriented, non-fluff journalist. RIP Tim! Our TV culture could use more people like you, but now we have one less...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:26 PM
    link   
    A good journalist, and as far as I have been able to tell, an honest and thoughtful one. My condolences to his family.

I think there's a bit of "reaching" going on here by those who jump straight to some conspiracy afoot. He was a slightly overweight middle aged man who had a heart attack. It happens to a great number of people, especially at great risk are those leading stressful lifestyles.

I doubt that he would have cared for such flights of fancy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join