It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Tim Russert: Dead of apparent Heart Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
he was one of my favorites...fair and tough but with a very human side he wasn't afraid to show. we could use more like him, not less. a sad day indeed.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh man, this is horrible. I so like Him and His show Meet the Press. I can say that He has taught Me quite a bit about the politics of Our nation. I was always impressed over His forthrightness and His no-nonsense attitude when it came to the presidential debates. What a huge loss.

Peace. K*

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Because these things have become our new "mourning" boards, I thought I would stop by.

Rarely do we get the opportunity in this world to leave a mark.

Whether it be fleeting or long lived, those like Mr. Russert are celebrated for their accomplishments, and their courage to make these accomplishments in the public view.

It is a sad day to lose one that many trust and love.

Rest in peace Good Sir, and here's to finally getting all the answers you spent your whole life seeking... Jason

[edit on 13-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Can anyone say Chris Matthews? I have a feeling he's gonna take over MtP, and he's completely devoid of sack.

Guess I'll have to stick with Bob Scheiffer until he croaks.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Maybe Mica will get the nod? I know this is a short answer but just saying...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that he died right at approximately 3:22pm. The famouse number for the skull & bones - 322.

He publically asked bush and john kerry on live television about their affiliations:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is such sad news. I truley enjoyed his shows. One of the best newscasters IMHO. RIP Tim

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That sux, so close.....he will never know who gets elected......

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
Did anyone notice that he died right at approximately 3:22pm. The famouse number for the skull & bones - 322

No

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My favorite news man has died. I felt the same about Peter Jennings. This is a very sad day. I feel for Tim's family and friends and especially Tim's father...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That may hinge...

Originally posted by Choronzon
That sux, so close....he will never know who gets elected......

On a person's belief system... And to no small degree, Tim's... I'd like to think that Big Tim is kicked back with Edward R. Murrow with a properly spiced cup of joe and an Underwood typewriter pecking out the days events...

But that's my mind's world...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This news is very sad. I don't agree with Mr. Russert's politics but I find him thoughtful, insightful, articulate and interesting.

He will be truly missed. How short and precious is life?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
He has looked pretty bad over recent months, however. I mentioned to my wife that he looked like the was hitting the sauce a little too hard. Disheveled, and somewhat confused.

Perhaps it is his blood pressure that had impacted him.

The one thing i remember most about russert was when he was trying to get a candidate to announce their intent to run. They stated they weren't running. He proceeded to ask another 18 times in the subsequent 25 minutes if the candidate were sure (using various restatements of the original "are you running?"). By the time he was done, even the interviewee was laughing about how ridiculous it was.

I agree....Russert was a likable fellow (for a political journalist). I will miss his white board assessments (a la Madden) in the upcoming election.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I saw a special done on Tim Russert, some time back....I believe it was 60 minutes.He was discussing the passing of his father and it seemed pretty fresh to him.I don't think he ever got over the passing of his father.

This is a very sad day indeed as he seemed to be one of the few respectable newsmen left in this day and age of fake news we get hit with 24/7.

Gods speed
Tim Russert , you will be missed

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow. I am truly saddened by this. He was a GREAT guy, the best journalist out there. What a loss.

Also. Keep your excitable conspiracies for other threads please.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This was very sad and shocking news indeed. He was a great journalist, to bad they don't make em like they used to. He was also a great family man. My condolences to his family

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
oH my goodness! I just saw it on tv. Such an intelligent gentleman, so far apart from todays journalist!! He was a pleasure to listen to even if i didnt agree.

God Rest his soul.

I am shocked.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme2
Mr. Russert just returned last night from a trip to Italy. In older folks (above 50) with bad leg circulation there is a possibility of a "PE" forming due to such a long flight. This indeed would cause such a sudden Cardiac Arrest.

This is a very interesting thought.

I've seen his show, but I really took notice when he was on Larry King one night. He had written a book about fathers, and he was describing his father and son, and you could tell how he absolutely adored them. It was very sweet and from then on whenever I saw him, I would remember all the love he had that he wasn't ashamed to show. It seems he had a very fulfilling life which is comforting amid the sadness.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I liked Russert, he was one of the few journalists that I respected. Despite his personal political biases he was about as evenhanded a journalist as one could hope to find in the MSM. My thoughts and prayers are with his familly , friends, and colleagues.

At the chance of being considered less than tactfull, I'd like to implore other ATSers to carefully watch for other news over this weekend that gets overshadowed by the MSM mourning one of their own. Already someone mentioned that most likely a Ron Paul
special report would be pre-empted. Also I'd imagine that the favorable loan story about Sen. Dodd will be relegated to a two second blurb on a political show.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Did he die at approx. 3:22 or was that when the article was posted? We need confirmation at when he actually died, because if he really DID die at that time, it's extremely substantial.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join