It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Students kicked off Facebook for eating a cat

The students say the cat was feral and had been shot by a farmer trying to control the number of cats on his land. They say it was killed humanely and prepared by a professional chef.

“It’s hypocritical for us to spend thousands on our pets, yet buy the cheapest pork from Netto that comes from pigs that have lived a horrid life. And just why is it that it’s worse to eat a cat than a pig?”

Well I got my thoughts, but I want to see if a discussion develops before I chime in...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I dont think there is anything wrong with this. Well eating the cat.
But I do think it was wrong that they got kicked off, for posting pic of it.

I've seen picks of dead deer on facebook and those people havent been kicked off.

If you want to eat a cat it could matter less to me.
I might be a little bit biased being a hunter and all. But come on its just a feral cat. Id propably think differently if it was somebodys but it was no one.

And killing goes on all the time in the wild. So why protest what nautrally happens. If you dont want to eat meat thats fine with me but I have a proplem when people try to push their views on me.

These animal rights people need to back off a little.
I am all for the humane treatment of animals, but if it was feral and was killed humanely why waste the meat?

Well those are my thoughts anyways.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well considering that pigs can be pets than I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Because the usual reaction in those cases is that cats are made to be pets. I mean I personally wouldn't have eaten the feral cat, but if they did then there really isn't anything someone can say to change.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, what I want to know is...

DID it taste like chicken?

Seriously though, that's odd they got kicked off of Facebook, I could see if they had tortured it....wonder why they ate it? Just for kicks or what?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Well, what I want to know is...

DID it taste like chicken?

LMAO.....I heard cat does'nt taste very good from somewhere, maybe the television!

*stares at my kitty* Here kitty...kitty...kitty!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

WelL Given, you know the myths (?) about eating Chinese or Korean food, perhaps we've all already HAD cat AND dog

My Budweiser driver, Kenny, delivers all Budweiser products to businesses, like bars and restaurants and he has some horror stories he will gladly tell about what all we DON'T see in the kitchen, since he sees it all carting the cases of beer through the back into the coolers

He claimed this one Chinese restaurant in my area had carcases hanging in the cooler about the size and shape of medium-sized dogs, with no skin on them...and sure enough, in the local paper they got shut down, due to "carcasses of 'unkown origin' with no stamp on them" in their cooler....but in the notice in the paper it said "Owner claimed they were for personal consumption."

[edit on 15-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with eating cat if that's your thing. It is a little unreasonable because they don't develop a lot of muscle, but then again people eat a whole lot of frog legs too.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Has anyone ever eaten a cat on this site before?
I wanna know what it tastes like!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'd eat cat, dog, horse, and whatever if I had to. I am a survivor... I've already eaten bear and moose heart. Bear was actually really good, moose heart was alright. but With the prices of gas and food going up, who knows? Maybe folks should start locking up their house pets. People are already stealing gas.

[edit on 6/15/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As long as they didn't eat it Ozzy Osburne style then I don't see what the big deal is. The way these activists are, we will get banned from myspace for showing a pic of ourselves eating a good piece of steak before too long.

top topics

join