It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars. Pyramide shape object...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I found this one on MOC image E600269.

Source

It looks like a very clear pyramide shaped object.

Its more or less 285 meters in lenght.

Enjoy

Thats all foaks.

Greetings Lunica

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nice find, it definetly looks like SOMETHING. It is way too semetrical in my oppion. Any other takers on this picture?

A pyramid has to have 4 sides though dosent it? probobly not a "pyramid" but something similar. not up to date on my shapes
, kinda like a 3d triangle, 3 sides always out, 1 side always down.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by tylerc25211]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Any 3D object with triangular sides that meet at the top and a base with any polygonal shape is a pyramid, so this is a pyramid.

And it's not that symmetrical, one of the sides is clearly larger than the other sides.

PS: a pyramid with three sides and a triangular base is also a Tetrahedron.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is the best I can get from the original IMG file, after adjusting the light levels and using The Gimp's "destripe" filter.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
To bad it's not perfectly geomatrical indeed, I allready checked it too. But I think its a remarkable object.

I dont know of any examples on earth like this. Maybe some others know?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
I found this one on MOC image E600269.

Source

It looks like a very clear pyramide shaped object.

Its more or less 285 meters in lenght.

Enjoy

Thats all foaks.

Greetings Lunica

Hi Lunica, I have a raw photo in color not on the net of a 3 sided pyramid on Mars in fact when I was first learning to draw I made a T-shirt design of anomalies surrounding what looks to be this type of 3 sided pyramid on Mars.

This could possible be the same pyramid do not know I will have to look thru the many photos I have of Mars. Great find though keep looking and in search of the truth of what is actually on the surface Mars. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Luckily (or maybe they had some reason for doing it
), there are two HiRISE images that show that "pyramid".

One has a resolution of around 30cm per pixel, the other 26cm per pixel, so I used this one.

This is a resized version, to keep it small enough to appear on ATS. As this image was resized to 40%, the resolution should be something like 65cm per pixel.

A full sized,26cm per pixel, JPEG version is available here.

I decided to us what I think I will call my "texture enhancement technique
" to see what it would look like. As this is only visible at 100% zoom, there is no reduced version, so you have to click here to see it.

A false colour image is also available.

Full sized version here, with "texture enhancement technique
" applied, here.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks Lunica-
I would like to see some of the experts here and see what they see and think?
I can only offer a wow!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Luckily (or maybe they had some reason for doing it
), there are two HiRISE images that show that "pyramid".

One has a resolution of around 30cm per pixel, the other 26cm per pixel, so I used this one.

This is a resized version, to keep it small enough to appear on ATS. As this image was resized to 40%, the resolution should be something like 65cm per pixel.

A full sized,26cm per pixel, JPEG version is available here.

I decided to us what I think I will call my "texture enhancement technique
" to see what it would look like. As this is only visible at 100% zoom, there is no reduced version, so you have to click here to see it.

A false colour image is also available.

Full sized version here, with "texture enhancement technique
" applied, here.

...almost appears to be steps on the north point???

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mslm45

I am no expert, and maybe because of that I don't know how those things were created, but they look natural, like all other things like that that can be seen on photos from Mars.

In this case, the left side looks a little different from the other two sides, it looks more like rock, while the other two sides look more eroded.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Great work ArMaP! thanks!

Well, it looks to be something naturel indeed.
My guess is, when this would be artificial, all sides would have been eroded in some way? It appears indeed only the north side is eroded in some form.

Also it seems the sun comes from the south west on this picture. I think thats why the east side is more bright due to the reflection.

Btw:This side, if its made of rock, appears to be extremely flat...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah but look at our pyramids on earth they erode with time also.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Yes, they do, but only if they are dirt mounds with a pyramid shape would they look like this when eroded.

And as I said, that type of erosion is very common on Mars, spend some time looking at photos from Mars and you will see.

Even the photo from the opening post has more of these things.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
As far as pyramids on Mars go, this one takes the cake. It's the so-called D&M Pyramid in the Mars Cydonia region:

D&M pyramid
www.enterprisemission.com...

This is what Richard Hoagland describes as a "Rosetta Stone" - measurements of this pyramid and the angles corresponding to other anomolous objects in the Cydonia region allowed scientists to predict the existence and location of the dark spot on Neptune. Here's a full discussion, fascinating...

www.youtube.com...

Cheers!
Maat

[edit on 21-6-2008 by maatunidy]

[edit on 21-6-2008 by maatunidy]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by maatunidymeasurements of this pyramid and the angles corresponding to other anomolous objects in the Cydonia region allowed scientists to predict the existence and location of the dark spot on Neptune. Here's a full discussion, fascinating...
If true...

Can you point some place that shows the veracity of that statement?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yea, check out the Youtube vid. I already posted the link to it above. It's about 1 1/2 hoursI think, chopped up into 10 min segments. Also, if you do watch it, let me warn you that the audio and video are out of sync.

Take care,
Maat

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by maatunidy

Thanks, that was what I was expecting and what I did not wanted to do, I think videos are a waste of time, why must I loose 10 minutes of my time to know something that could be read in one or two?

Unfortunately, it looks that most people, today, think that the best means of transmitting information is through video.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I didn't saw anything on that video about those supposed calculations, do I have to see the whole video?

I am not going to spend 1 1/2 hours for that, I am not that interested in this.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

OMG Earth anomalies!!

[edit on 27-10-2009 by zaiger]

top topics

join