It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian MP Libby Davies reads 9/11 petition in Parliament

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

I assume this is for adding "alleges U.S. government complicity" to the original headline. I did this only to accurately characterize the story, which is why I used the word "alleges." A headline about a 9/11 petition being read in Canada's Parliament is vague and doesn't reflect the essence of the story.

Nonetheless, I understand that the forum submission rules state that the original headline must be posted. As a new member, I didn't realize this.

BTW, wouldn't it be amazing if a U.S. Congressional member or any media outlet in the nation dared to question 9/11?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purduegrad05
I have met others like Gribble who just can't and won't believe it because it's too much for them to handle and come up with every excuse to make dissenting voices look bad, especially when it comes to "sensitive" subjects like this one. ATS is full of people like this, people with very closed minds that can't think outside of the box!! But in the case of 9/11, it's not hard to realize that it was a complete hoax.

Amazingly enough, my brother is one of them -- someone who's not a conventional thinker and who despises Bush and the neocons.

But no matter what I say, he just can't accept the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 was an inside job.

It reminds me of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men: "THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thank you Canada, thats all I have to say first.

It's pathetic how we had to have another country take the first step into really calling for an investigation that took place in our own country. Junes really looking up I must say. Our government took advantage of us- now they'll pay. More and more people are realizing that whats going on is complete bull. It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Good on Libby for having the fortitude to do this.

Saying that, 500 signature's? Maybe a bit better advertising might have upped the names. 500 names. This does nothing to help anybody. We had almost 15000 signatures on the petition that was at the Montebello summit.

I visit the websites of the 5 big parties in Canada often. Today was the first time I heard of this.

Bad on Libby for destroying any chance something like this would be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What I find the most ineresting is hoiw casual the would be allies and disinformation agents take what was done on 9-11, as if any of you, includinf Bush think you will get aaway with what was done. Again, I tell you that not one rat will escape...not one. So, go ahead..laugh and play while you can. Hudle up, the sides are being formed and not all are harmless old men, women and children.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
oh no not canada!!!!

if they are looking into it the bush admin is done for..

do you not see how irrelivent this article is. i mean yeah sure you'll get 20 stars and 100 replys.but that still doesnt change a thing.

im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt for just one second.

lets say the mighty bush admin really did have something to do with this. what in Gods great name thinks they will let some hockey hosers come in here proding around trying to uncover this "secret".

sorry if you find that rude or blunt but im just tired of all this useless babble. i guess i could do my part and just start ignoreing these threads..

Hockey Hosers??? Do me a favor and everyone else Canadian in this forum...
Get lost! Perhaps you can just say that the states won't let other countries meddle in their affairs, but you needed to use a derogatory remark. It's your bloody ignorance that contributes to your country's bad name.

You really are a Dale Dribble, I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If you support Libby and this important item, please call her office and leave a message of support -- even if you live outside of Canada. Please also consider calling the NDP and letting them know how important this is to you that they persevere on this 9/11 investigation.

Libby Davies, Member of Parliament for Vancouver East

2412 Main Street, Vancouver, B.C. Canada V5T 3E2
Ph: 604 775 5800 Fax: 604 775 5811

152 Confederation Building, House of Commons, Ottawa ON, K1A 0A6
Ph: 613-992-6030 Fax: 613-995-7412

www.libbydavies.ca...

[edit on 14/6/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by sc2099

The guy that seems to be kissing the butt of George Bush, Mr. Harper, is up to his neck in scandels that would bring treason charges in the USA!

People say this all the time, but how, exactly, is PM Harper a Bush lackey? What exactly has he done to further the interests of the US at the expense of Canadians? PM Harper is obviously a Conservative and a conservative, but even though Bush is a Republican he is NO conservative.

Try North American Union on for size, there and understand what TREASON IS.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Mr. Harper has had some strange bedfellows, or so I have been told. Bernier would have to be one of the most curious to an Canadian political junkie.

Just a little Google and you would soon come to know that the women on Bernier's arms was noneother then a Angel groupy.

Here is an definition of Treason:

Treason
(2) Every one commits treason who, in Canada,
(a) uses force or violence for the purpose of overthrowing the government of Canada or a province;
(b) without lawful authority, communicates or makes available to an agent of a state other than Canada, military or scientific information or any sketch, plan, model, article, note or document of a military or scientific character that he knows or ought to know may be used by that state for a purpose prejudicial to the safety or defence of Canada;

What exactly did we let be known in these documents and do they, in fact, tie into September the 11th.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I say go for it. Let Canada launch their own investigations into the murders of the 24 Canadians that died on 9/11. I'm sure the Canadian government has no other pressing issues that need attended to. While they're at it, could they stop by Dallas and figure out who killed JFK?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Hey, you never know. The Canadian authorities might actually get it right. Imagine a foreign country getting it right? Unlike that little tidbit from Russia that led to the invasion of Iraq(WMD's).

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dissolving Canadian Sovereignity and constitution is treason. But as the direct employer of the government, I will add my own definition: anything that disempowers a democracy, including lack of full transparency and manipulation of facts and data to lie to people would all be treason. If anyone before a board of directors in a business setting employed any of the tactics these guys are using and was legally caught, they go to jail. There are alot of illegal pseudo laws being crafted by these guys that are non-constitutional. We let them slip by, but in reality, anyone who goes along with an illegal mandate, signed by a mutinous leader or not, is also breaking the law, whether they are aware of the law and what it means or not. North American Union is treason. As employer I'm not tolerating mutiny by the paper pushing employees hired to manage the people's joint property and estate, which is what our country is and our children its heirs.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

oh no not canada!!!!

if they are looking into it the bush admin is done for..

do you not see how irrelivent this article is. i mean yeah sure you'll get 20 stars and 100 replys.but that still doesnt change a thing.

im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt for just one second.

lets say the mighty bush admin really did have something to do with this. what in Gods great name thinks they will let some hockey hosers come in here proding around trying to uncover this "secret".

sorry if you find that rude or blunt but im just tired of all this useless babble. i guess i could do my part and just start ignoreing these threads..

Honestly, I'm sure you've already been told this, but as another Canadian, I also find this offensive. First of all, you assume Canada has no pressure what so ever on the United States. Just because we don't have a massive military or population like you, that doesn't mean all of the sudden your immune to economical pressure from us, along side the fact that most other countries would take the side of Canada over the United States, (not to bash, just stating facts) in any situation. We have just as much right to launch an enquiry to an event that could potentially be the American Government's fault, and that killed our own people, not to mention our economical and military involvement on the "war on terror" We have soldiers dying over there as well, maybe not as many as you as our force is significantly smaller, but most people consider a life a life; each loss a tragedy.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what the brave men and women do for our country, but at this point, it's unnecessary, but that's besides the point. My point is Canada should do this. Canada does need to do this, any everyone else does too. But on a more negative note, it is very often that the United States is able to do stuff like this to other countries, such as enquiries, embargo, and other pressures and investigations, even to the UN, but rejects them yourselves. I won't be counting on this to change anything other than satisfying the people signing the petition.

On one last note, you stereotyping Canadians as

Originally posted by DaleGribble some hockey hosers
is no different than me stereotyping Americans as just some overweight selfish people who believe they deserve anything, regardless of impact on anyone else that isn't them. I know this isn't true, so in return, I would expect some maturity on your behalf to overcome imposed stereotypes and address one of the best nations in the world (As indicated by a UN Study on several aspects of society) respectably, and not in a childish, condescending way if you would like any justification for your argument. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

As an American who's embarrassed by the ignorant Dale Gribbles of my country, I think the truly informed people in the world know what a great country Canada is:

In Global Ranking of Country Brands, Canada Ranks 2nd

The Anholt-GMI Nation Brand Index (NBI), the only analytical ranking of the world’s nation brands, found that Canada is the second favorite country in the world. The second quarterly NBI surveyed 10,000 people in 10 countries on 25 nations in six different areas, including investment, tourism, people and culture. Canada, a new country in the poll, overtook second place from the UK, which ranked number two in the first NBI in May 2005.

In most areas -- best places to work and live, expand business, people, and governance –- Canada came in right after Australia, showing that the country’s positive reputation continues to remain strong.

Unlike Canada’s neighbor and close ally the United States, which ranks 11th globally, the government is seen as neutral, with the majority of those polled describing the government as trustworthy. Adding to this perception, is the fact that Canada ranks number two, after Switzerland, on overall governance, as well as on how much people around the world trust the country’s government to make responsible decisions and uphold international peace and security. But, it might appear that a large part of the world’s perception of Canada can be attributed to how they feel about Canadians: the people came in second place in the hospitable category, right after Australians.

"The NBI is designed to measure the real underlying brand power of each country, something that takes generations to build and change," said Simon Anholt, co-author of the NBI and leading nation brand expert. "With a stable, liberal and democratic government and a healthcare system envied by its neighbors –- justified or not –- Canada is clearly a strong brand that goes beyond the borders of its hemisphere."

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

its a step!!! this needs to get more coverage, especially across the water, what can we do to help?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well Gribble and his ilk scare the living daylights out of me see this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will say no more than this...If someone thinks you should DIE rather than have an open mind and an educated opinion then walk away quickly or better yet its ats."ignore".

You will find more and more countries questioning the cover up.Because luckily enough we out number the Gribbles a 1000 to one and it is all too obvious for gutsy educated leaders not to speak up.I mean the majority know things just don't add up.

Bravo Libby...I have supported her for many years and the gentlewoman continues to inspire. Hillbillery couldn't hold a candle to Ms Davis.Thats how you lead.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Rasobasi420

it doesnt matter if it was the bush admin or not the point is what makes canada think we are gonna let them come in and do their own investigation. im sure more than one part of the investigation is still national security. i doubt seriously we will let any other country dabble in our affairs cause some lady i never heard of read a paper to canada's government.

edit to add: if you wish to further debate this with me please u2u me as i will no longer post on this thread.

[edit on 15amu82007 by DaleGribble]

No but you want to dabble in other countries affairs.

Pot, meet the kettle.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

Ok so a former Vancouver city councillor has made a statement that is RELEVANT. Although she is not american, she does have the right as a citizen of this earth to speak freely. I have seen many great articles including the 1 1/2 hour statement the Architectural boys put together proving without a doubt that there is some serious mis-information going on in regards to 911. I have worked alot in th USA in the touring entertainment business and was also a major player at the Olympics in Atlanta (staging) and I have found that since I started touring stateside in the early 80's the whole police system in the good ol USA seems to be getting thicker by the day.

The USA is home to many of my family and friends including a NYC firefighter who lost 13 partners during 911. They also have questions about what really happened. Is America still the land of the free if a simple thing like an investigation into 911 cant and wont ever happen.

Canada is a small country but lets get it out there that if anyone on this earth that has lost family in such a tragic event has questions in a free country shouldnt they get the answers they and so many others.

Love Canada, Love USA, Love this earth!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Ditto to Dr. Who above me. Love Canada, Love the US, love the earth.

If you want some freedom do some push back.

<< 1    3 >>

join