It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti anti-Obama plea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm getting sick of all this anti-Obama threads. The only conspiracy there is their presence on this site. Isn't there an Above website for politics? Why can't they discuss this there and leave it off this site?

I am a bit ignorant about how this works, so if these topics actually are on Abovepolitics but still appears on here somehow then I apologise.

I am South African and I get annoyed at this site being flooded with ridiculous topics about Mr Obama. As they say "Only in America".

A suggestion: Either ban anti-Obama discussions or create a single anti-Obama topic and throw everything in there.

EDIT: I put this in the wrong place and I apologise profusely. Hopefully one fo the mods can move this to the right place. The Obama-haters will say that is the dustbin

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Lannock]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ivy League politicians with ties to multinational global councils are fair game. As are politicians who's support rises to a level of fervor. Scary democracy is when those two things combine, which is what we have in Mr. Obama.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
Ivy League politicians with ties to multinational global councils are fair game. As are politicians who's support rises to a level of fervor. Scary democracy is when those two things combine, which is what we have in Mr. Obama.

You're all discussing ONE man. Yes I know, he is the Devil, the Anti-Christ, NWO, Illuminati, a reptilian, but still only ONE man. I say there should only be ONE topic if any.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You're not the first to voice this opinion, and you'll certainly not be the last. Remember that ATS is a board where current events are typically discussed. And as things are, this is election year in the "US of A". And this too shall pass. People, i.e. mostly our American friends want to talk about Obama, his evil plan to over-throw the local Housewives club and other secrets, and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to. Staff try to keep tabs on "Obama is the Anti-Christ" threads. We decided that we’d allow about 50 before we start closing them. (This is a joke. We try our best to keep discussions to one thread per topic.)

And I hate to break it to you, but it's going to get "worse" come October/November.

But after all, that's what the Politics forums are for. Above Politics were incorporated back into Above Top Secret not too long ago, so yes, you'll see those Lazy Liberals and Rude Republicans voice themselves here on ATS.

Basically it all comes down to "don't like it, don't read it"... If there's "Obama" in the title, then simply ignore the thread. A couple of months ago the only thing any South African could talk about was World Cup Rugby (and how we wiped the floor with England). For those not interested in rugby it was later on sickening to watch TV, listen to a conversation or read a newspaper. But, lo and behold, that is now ancient history. It too passed.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
One thing I have noticed about the US elections is that they tend to be a lot more emotive and bring out very strong feelings about candidates.

IMO this is a reflection of US politics and elections as a whole which tend to be "dirtier" than most european elections - it's not a fault, it's a simple by-product of the electoral process and the seriousness of the feelings of people who follow the process.

Since becoming FSME of the (now defunct) campaign forum, and now the regional politics forum, I have found the whole process extremely interesting and educational.

As with many threads on ATS, it's a question of sorting the wheat from the chaff, and looking for the little pearls that nestle amongst the hyperbole.

Having said that, if people find it distastefull, the best option is to steer clear - but IMO people would deny themselves an excellent educational tool if they did this.

tuppence worth

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I agree that we should expect to see these topics, and they should not be censored, but there are a lot of repeating subjects. I think moderators should try to reduce duplication more, even if appears biased. Otherwise you are all doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why should anti-Osama threads be stopped but anti-Bush (or anti-Putin/anti-Hitler/anti-whoever, etc.) threads be allowed to continue?

No, I'm sorry - but Obama is fair game. Bash on Bush, bash on Obama, take your best shot on any world "leader" politician or wannabe that you wish - that's why we're here.

if you don't wish to participate or can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen.

As for the rest of the intuitive, thought-provoking, stimulating discussion - please carry-on...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Gem, I wanted to star your post! It's a great one!

To the OP: I hate all the Obama bashing threads, but I decided, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em... Or something like that.
I am actually having a bit of fun debunking the rumors and myths. If I don't want to be involved, I don't open the thread. But, as I google my heart out in search of the truth, I am actually learning more and more about the nominee that I intend to vote for. And I get more "ammunition" for future debates.

It will get worse. Get a plan now for handling it or you'll go nuts.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You can so tell how left-wing some of the posters on this site are. For 8 years thread after thread of absolute Bush bashing, calling for his death, physical torture, etc. - everyones fine.

But threads that do much less and simply explode Obama's affiliations? We must stop that!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are plenty of Obama threads that aim to say good things about Obama, it's just that the pro-Obama people get beat so badly in the debates, they resort to crying about all the negativity. Of course, these same Obama supporters never hesitate to personally attack Obama's political opponents without evidence, and even more viciously than those who are attacking Obama. There have been plenty of forums that have tried to discuss the issues with Obama supporters, and Obama supporters avoid them like the plague.

It's pathetic really, how much Obama supporters claim that Obama should be above attack.

This one got three posts

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

On this one, the only people trying to support Obama's on the issues were Ron Paul supporters.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Really pathetic.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
There are plenty of Obama threads that aim to say good things about Obama, it's just that the pro-Obama people get beat so badly in the debates, they resort to crying about all the negativity.

I guess you must have missed my thread.

Obama on Congress: 'I'll whup 'em' (positive discussion)

It was meant to be lighthearted, but when it turned negative, I showed them the error of their ways.

I also debated the OP in this discussion and haven't seen him since.

NOBama Nation: 1.7 Trillon required for Universal Healthcare AND Global Poverty Act

Who's crying now?

join