It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Memory of Bush Will Darken America's Image for Years to Come'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

'The Memory of Bush Will Darken America's Image for Years to Come'

www.spiegel.de

German newspaper commentators have launched a scathing attack on US President George W. Bush's record, saying he embodies "the arrogance of power" and has shattered the world's faith in America.

The diplomatic fence-mending between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US President George W. Bush over the past two years seems to have done nothing to pacify German editorial writers who have seized on the US president's farewell trip to Europe to launch a tirade of criticism of his eight years in power.

The Iraq war, Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib, CIA renditions and Bush's record on climate change have tainted not only Bush's image but also that of America for years to come, write Germany's leading newspapers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The German press certainly haven't held back here - and why should they?

IMO what they say is right on the money - bush has left the US reputation in tatters.

Illegal war and occupation, torture, rendition, illegal arrest and imprisonment - and that before we even get close to the lies, the corruption and the croneyism.

I respect and admire many of the US members on this site - I only wish I could say that the reporters are wrong and that US image will recover from this quickly.

Sadly, I don't think that will be the case - once a trust is broken, it's extremely hard to win back.

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is hard to win back trust, but it is not impossible.

Take the other country mentioned in the article, for example - Germany. It is a very different country today than it was in the 30's and 40's. Most nations do not view Germany as Nazi Germany any longer. Most people have long since moved on.

However, that will not happen with the United States. We have started down a path which we will not return from. We can, but we won't. The stranglehold on this country's presidency and economy by foreign investors, international bankers and corporate special interest won't allow it.

That won't matter though. We'll all be organized in to unions and eventually a one world government anyway, so reputation and trust, along with war, will be a thing of the past.

Any minute now we'll get some fine upstanding Americans coming in to this thread to make some grand "us against the world" remark about Germany or these editorial writers to show their "patriotism". Should be fun.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i think not only are they not wronge in their reporting but they were a lil to kind to the guy i mean this is the leader of what used to be the strongest nation in the world. and what did he do? start illeagle wars, lie constantly, sold off american intrests to forign nations and companys, straight up call the constitution "just a piece of paper" take away more rights and freedoms then all the previose presidents combined, create the worst economy the nations ever seen that effects even other nations, build the largest national debt ever. destroyed large amounts of evidence, prosecute and fire people because of their poltical party, and thats just a small sampling the the hell bush unleashed sience being in office.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just can't believe people, also known as sheepies had the dumb belief of voting someone like him into power

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Once the creep is out of office, I could care if I hear his name every again.
This man as tried to destory this great Country.

Bush will go down in history as the worst President.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
I just can't believe people, also known as sheepies had the dumb belief of voting someone like him into power

Thats not as bad as the people who still have Bush-Cheney bumper stickers on their cars.

Sometimes I feel like I want to run them off the road when I see that.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

People voted for Bush in 2004 because of a deceptive & well-funded campaign from the far right that portrayed John Kerry (who I'll admit was no shining prize) was a Stealth Communist (he wasn't) that lied to get medals (he didn't) and "hated America"

Now the same crowd are hard at work trying to convince people that Barack Obama is a "Stealth Muslim" that "hates America"... and plenty of people are eating it up like candy, even here on ATS. So there's a good chance we're going to get another four years of the same guys running the show, with John McCain as a reluctant (but electable) figurehead.

In a democracy, people get the government they deserve.

George Bush and his record are proof of that...

[edit on 6/11/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I hope that the peoples of the world realize that there is a majority of americans that did not vote for bush and do not support his policies. I would like to encourage you to help us in any way you can.

I was kind of hoping some european country would arrest and charge him with war crimes. That would be lovely!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Let us hope and pray that people vote with wisdom this time and Diabold isnt tampered with and that George REALLY does GO, and that McCain isnt elected, anything different then i will wear my "Americans are stupid" bumpersticker on the rear end of my horse.
That will be the time to hop on an oversea flight to anywhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I was kind of hoping some european country would arrest and charge him with war crimes. That would be lovely!

Why? So Cheney can take over and have a reason to declare a dictatorship and throw out the Constitution?

Bush and Cheney are no more than the security guards outside a corporate headquarters. You can dispose of them, and they'll merely be replaced. But you can't get to the people truly running the show.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
True words too,
The idea that America was just, free, open, committed and true to its morals has been destroyed by this pathetic little man.

Thankfully, the rest of the world appreciates the fact that the people, well majority of them, do not follow nor WANT Bush as their leader.

The world understands that 911 and Iraq were driven purely from a corproate stance aimed soley at gaining the oilfields and a foothold in the middle east.

But, I just cannot see Bush being a memory, to many lies, to many deaths and coverups have been thrown into society that to just let it all fade into the 8yrs abyss isnt right.

Sadly, I dont think the American people have a hope in hell in turning it around anyways.
They probably could, they put a man on the moon and created the atom bomb for petes sake, but there's elements at work with enough hired guns ( blackwater ) to ensure elections are rigged, naysayers are detained and arrested, and society is controlled through degradation of the economy.

Im neither Democrat nor Republican, hell im not American, im a human on Earth, and I see great potential in Obama, because of the way he talks, the way he listens and the way he's like nothing seen before in the political arena, and for the fact Mccain can only debate him with the same ''Bush tendancies'' and the same Bush-related media networks choose to aim Muslim/citizenship/BS logs at Obama to discredit him.

Frankly, I believe Mccain will win ( without actually winning ) The race card will be blamed ( he lost cause he's black ) and things will roll on in Iran and Iraq.

Right now, the world sympathises with the American people, because their leader is really ruining their image abroad,
soon though, people will be blaming the American people, because it seems your allowing yourselves to be fooled over, and over, and over and over again, by the same group, with the same methods.

Some look forward to their wave good bye

Which it most probably will be..

But some dream of what they deserve

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Secondly,

I have no doubts that Dick Cheney will return to Halliburton/KBR once his time is up as VP and command the IRAQ sector.

Its a no brainer!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It will certainly be interesting to see how many "advisory" roles are taken up, and with which corporations by those in the shrub regime.

It would be extremely funny if bush joined blair in his mideast envoy role.

new topics

top topics

join