It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Iraq Comments: Bringing Troops Home From Iraq "Not Too Important" (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

McCain Iraq Comments: Bringing Troops Home From Iraq "Not Too Important" (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Sen. John McCain appeared on the Today Show this morning and continued to promote his idea of a long occupation in Iraq. But whatever merits there may be for his message, his delivery is once again promising to get him into trouble.

When asked if he knew when American troops could start to return home, McCain responded:

"No, but that's not too important. What's important is the casualties in Iraq."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Now this has a few different edges to it. First off McCain is right in some respects, we need to be very concerned about our troops and their safety and well being. They are making the ultimate sacrifice for our nation and they deserve the utmost respect they did not start this war, they just strap on their big steel balls and honor and go where they are told.

However, McCain is a friggen loony. It does not matter how long we stay in Iraq? Can he be serious? He compares our occupation (sadly that is what it is because that is how the Iraqis define it) to our troops stationed around the world in other bases, something that simply does not work. We are, for the most part, welcome in the places we have bases. We are NOT welcome in Iraq. This man is a nutter, and him as president would be dangerous.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You gotta love the way this guy is trying to get elected!

He's trying to get elected by saying the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the American people want to hear!

And it's going to get him the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he wants in November!

[edit on 6/11/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Bringing Troops Home From Iraq "Not Too Important"

That's not what he said.

He was asked 'do you now have a better estimate of when you can be bringing the troops home'.

McCain said - 'no, but that's not too important'.

He didn't say that bringing the troops home from Iraq was 'not too important'.

He was saying NO to the question of if he had a better estimate.

I agree he should have a good estimate. This will, of course, change due to ground conditions. But .. he did NOT say that it wasn't too important to bring the troops home.

If you are going to nail the guy (and I don't mind if you do!) ... make sure you do it right.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry man I think you are trying to deflect due criticism here. While I understand what you are trying to say I don't think it floats. That is merely MHO, but I stand by it.

McCain clearly dismisses the importance of withdrawal, period. There is no debating this point. It is supported by statements he has made in the past and should be no surprise he is sticking by his '100 yeas in Iraq' rhetoric.

Let me say this FlyersFan, I rarely agree with you but that is in no way a sign I have lacking respect for your intelligence or opinion, I just don't think you are correct in this instance.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sorry man I think you are trying to deflect due criticism here.

I'm a girl.

Really, I'm not trying to deflect criticism. He deserves criticism for MANY things. I've posted a few items critical of the man, myself. In this case, I just heard him say that he didn't have a new estimate and that the fact that he didn't have a new estimate wasn't important.

That's just the way I heard it. You could be right.
But .... I kinda think I am. Ya' know?

McCain clearly dismisses the importance of withdrawal, period.

Oh sure. From his statements I agree that he doesn't seem too interested in toning down the situation over there. Absolutely.

Let me say this FlyersFan, ...

Well .. I gotta say ... that's the nicest way anyone has told me I'm wrong in a long time!

[edit on 6/11/2008 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 6/11/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I'd like to make a clear distinction as a brother of a serving soldier.

These troops, my brother included, are NOT FIGHTING FOR OUR NATION. This is a clear attempt by the propaganda machine to confuse or conceal what we are really there for. Those KIDS aren't fighting for us, there was NEVER anything there to fight about. We never had the moral high ground in this war. It was based on a lie. It was always a lie.

Bush has engaged in a secret propaganda Psy-Op on the American population to sell his stupid greedy war:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.youtube.com... Part 1
www.youtube.com... Part 2
www.pbs.org...

The President lied, distorted and fabricated nearly everything about Iraq pre-war intelligence:

www.publicintegrity.org...
news.aol.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.newsweek.com...

The Bush Administration has lied to us about what we're doing to people overseas. He has instituted secret torture facilities in Eastern Europe, and one not so secret at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where, unlike the Eastern European Prisons, we have documented evidence of torture and death caused by duress under torture and inhumane environments to people who are considered "Enemy Combatants" even though a large portion of these people are not combat operatives, terrorists, or anything of the like. It is civilians, Middle Eastern Journalists, and dissidents who were held without any sort of due process, and are still being held, illegally:

Gitmo News;
rawstory.com...
rawstory.com...
www.time.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Secret Eastern European Prisons;
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.crooksandliars.com...
www.cnn.com...

Then there's war profiteering, and war crimes and total mishandling and mismanagement of funds in Iraq. Those FUNDS ARE COMING FROM OUR POCKETS, as well as causing an environment of war crimes such as Black Water:

War Profiteering;
www.amnestyusa.org...
www.publicintegrity.org...
democrats.senate.gov...
www.alternet.org...
www.businessweek.com...
www.sourcewatch.org...
www.atimes.com...
www.democracyrising.us...
www.chicagotribune.com...

Black Water USA War Crimes;

www.independent.co.uk...
blog.washingtonpost.com...
www.democracynow.org...

This greed and corruption is what my brother is fighting for. This is what all US troops are fighting for. That's why, for instance, this election is so important. The very stability of America depends on whether or not we leave Iraq and hold those responsible for starting this illegal war accountable. And by shutting down those who have been beating the drum for further involvement. This was never about Iraqi freedom, or a brutal dictator, or WMDs, or protecting America, this has always been about profit. Always. We are sending our men and women in uniform to collect for our rich elites. They are the debt collectors. This has nothing to do with fighting for OUR freedom, or anyone else's. Not EVERY TIME the us goes to war is it about preserving American freedom. Fighting a war in Iraq won't do that. We have to do that. The fight is ours, it is here at home. Our weapons are words and democracy, and the god given right to hold these criminals liable.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I absolutely agree with you, in Iraq they are not fighting for the USA. Regardless of that fact I really believe in supporting them and their decision to serve in the US military. That is what I am referring to.

I try really hard to respect the soldiers even when I am bashing the actions they are forced to take. I am sorry I gave you the impression that what they were doing was just, I do not believe that for a second. `

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by projectvxn

I absolutely agree with you, in Iraq they are not fighting for the USA. Regardless of that fact I really believe in supporting them and their decision to serve in the US military. That is what I am referring to.

I try really hard to respect the soldiers even when I am bashing the actions they are forced to take. I am sorry I gave you the impression that what they were doing was just, I do not believe that for a second. `

I'm sorry that my post gave you the impression that I have the impression that you agree with this. Not at all. I was pointing out a term that gets thrown around alot is all. The real meaning behind the propaganda. I hope you don't think I was saying that you were throwing about propaganda. I certainly didn't mean it that way.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
NOT FIGHTING FOR OUR NATION.

The troops believe that they are. So they are.

However ... those who manipulate the wars on this planet are NOT fighting for us. Read the books by Jim Marrs. He does a very good job showing who backs the armies and the rest. Very good.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Been close to a military base and having my husband working as a retired marine in that base I can tell you that the sentiments of the family members of soldiers serving in Iraq tells a different story.

This war is getting absurd and old and people just want to come home and be with the love ones.

Is time to end this stupidity call Iraq.

And for McCain he will do what greedy corporate American wants him to do, sacrifice more soldiers to extend the Corporate greed into Iran.

top topics

join