It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw? Rare? Medium Rare? Well Done?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

We don't feed slop or animal parts to cattle. Rendered fat maybe.

It depends on the yard and location but finishing cattle will be fed corn, ground alfalfa hay, cottonseed hulls, cottonseed meal and molasses.

Some yards use grain sorghum in place of the corn.

I'll do a research study this summer feeding a diet of distillers grain ( corn) along with the steamed flaked corn that is used in this area.

Roper

btw medium rare

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Nice thick steak - a little oil, salt, pepper - throw it on the grill and cook for one minute on one side and one minute on the other side - take off grill and throw on my plate.

I want it to mooo when I cut into it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
still mooing is how it should be eaten

So if it ain't mooing it ain't for chewing...

I prefer my steak medium-rare, a little blood is fine but I prefer the meat very much in its dead form.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Glad you asked!

My favorite cut is a T-bone from a Hereford steer. My wife is an incredible chef; she rubs the meat down with a mix of worcestershesterchestershire sauce, a bit of garlic powder and the tiniest hint of sun-dried, powdered red pepper.

I cook mine slightly seared on the outside corners, with a thin red line in the very center, with an otherwise pink core. Cook it till the oustide just begins to dry, and the meat grain begins to open up like it is about to "split" .

The bone helps the meat cook better because it transmits heat better than muscle alone would. The best beef in the world is the meat nestled within the curve of the "T." It is so juicy, with an intense carnality that is unmatched. The way it resists your teeth for a moment, before yielding up its sweet savory essence, creating a split-second when the beef's flesh becomes one with your own flesh, when the succulent essences of your twin souls are united; even super-imposed for a moment in time, as you feel his life-force merge with your own in a climax of aggressive bliss. . . .

mmmhmmm.

who wants pie? we've got pecan or chocolate.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I like mine Medium Rare, best of both worlds.

Don't get me wrong I love rare, however I've almost died upon a very rare steak which involved more chewing than I wanted to do, and I thought I could squeeze down a huge bite. WRONG. Self Heimlich myself haha that sounds great, but anyways, there was a chunk of raw meat on the floor after some carnage. Able to breathe once again I went back to my steak, my company? Mortified I am sure.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

did you re-eat the beef? a good steak should never be wasted.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Damn Doc, how the hell you been?!!! Long time it seems.

I don't do bone-in too much, although I really should. There's a definite flavor enhancement.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I prefer a good thick Ribeye, or Filet Mignon marinated in Dales liquid steak seasoning and virgin olive oil...if not that Soy sauce and Bolmers Fiesta brand Fajita seasoning, or Montreal steak seasoning cooked med rare on a well lit grill...mmmmn!

I'm hungry now, I wants ribs!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
all this steak talk reminded me that this weekend's barbecue will suck if I don't handle the purchase of quality meat.

www.lobels.com...

this might cover .

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It might be cheaper to just buy a couple bulls, and cut em up!

Hell, I'll do it, just send me the money!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Business must be real good!

Those prime steaks shouldn't go past the rare stage, t'would be a sin.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

it doesn't matter how business is, there are certain things in life you simply must not skimp on. I used to go to knicks games all the time. I'd man the phones the day tickets would go on sale and buy up a bunch of crappy seats for the season. then I was passed along to a friend of a relative who had insane seats waaayyyy down low that he sold to me at face value. I went to fewer games because the cost was a bit more but still I went. When that contact stopped selling his tickets I tried going back to my old sections. Couldn't do it. I was spoiled.
same with steak.

life is short, we must enjoy ourselves and I cannot see doing that gnawing on a piece of leathery beef from Bob's bait, steak and computer shop.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Believe me, I understand. Fly first-class and you can't go back.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Marinaded in light soy and ginger for a couple of hours, seared quickly, then slow cooked untilthere's just a thin line of blood in the middle and the rest pink - like a colour chart in a decorators

Got one on the go right now.

Tis the weekend - time for beer and meat

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I like getting uncut sections of meat from a wholesaler then cutting your own steaks. That way you can choose your cut type and cut real sized steaks to the thickness of your desire. Plus you save a boat-load of money. 10-30 percent. No waste since you can save the pieces as stewing meat.
Here's the chart if you didn't know where the cuts come from.

I prefer Tenderloin or Top Sirloin. Round if I am feeding a lot of people(I'm not rich)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by airteck

I like the butt.

.....section of the cow I mean.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I like my steak extremely rare. You can hold my steak next to the grill and literally scare it, just a little, then I eat it
I like my prime rib the same way. Prime rib sounds really good right now too.

Beef, it's may favorite kind of meat.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by airteck

I like the butt.

.....section of the cow I mean.

Peace

Dr Love I'm not sure you saved yourself using those last words!

The sausage section I believe was'nt listed...maybe...not sure where it comes from!

I like knawing on a cow leg every now and then too! (kidding)

I will not touch the oysters! *gags*

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
[edit on 14-6-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Medium, pink in the middle, no blood, crispy on the outside - almost caramalising in its own juices. Scrumptious.

No flavourings need be added to this bad boy!

Creamed spuds, glazed carrots and brocoli cooked in butter with cracked black pepper - keeps the heart ticking overtime.

Brei.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join