It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah meteor?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by apolluwn
Ah, I believe I see where the confusion is arising now. You are referring to the dates from the KSL article.

I believe they are reporting on the same incident as the Rocky Mountain News article which actually happened on December 8, 2006.

This article is not only using a bogus picture, but it is also talking about an event that took place almost a year and a half ago with no mention of this fact. There wasn't a recent one was there?

If there was, I was referring to the 2006 incident and not a more recent event.

It does seem there was a daylight event over Utah on June 9th this year, but it's proving hard to find any more details! I did find this: www.joelevi.com...

Would it be too much trouble for you to check your software to see when the sun rose on Dec. 8, 2006 just so I have an idea if the websites reporting 7:39AM were correct?

Yes - that agrees with my software.

If it is I find it very strange that it would be reported as "bright enough to be seen during the day" and "as bright as the moon" by someone that didn't witness it and was described by an eyewitness in Utah as

"It would compare to landing lights on an aircraft," he said. "Noticeably bright but not brilliant."

For starters, I'd ignoor any descriptions from people who did not actually see it, which leaves us with two reports on brightness that do seem congruent. It's not unusual that when multiple sightings of a fireball occur, there is nearly always some discrepancy between peoples descriptions. Everyone sees things differently.

Of course, I guess it could have appeared dimmer at first and come back for a real show later like you mentioned since the "expert" Peterson was located in Colorado and not Utah, but this really just seems like a poorly written article.

for both of these articles.

It's certainly not inconceivable that one person can see the start of an event like this, and another can see the end, and they both describe very different magnitudes of brightness.

<< 1  2   >>

join