It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Riot Conspiracy Debunked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Why is it that we believe that African American’s cause so many riots?Could it be that is what the male caucasian media WANTS us to BELIEVE? I always here about “Rodney King” but I know having attended MSU, that there are plenty of riots involving predomintaly white people. I have been hearing a lot of new conspiracy theories about how African American’s are going to riot if Obama does not win, including some posted here on ATS!
www.abovetopsecret.com... There Will Be Riots!!
cofcc.org... The Obama Riot Factor
Here are the facts:
In the last 18 years, from 1990 to now there have been proximately 21 riots in the US.
Here is a quick list-
1. 1990 - Inglewood high school student riot, (Inglewood, California)
2. 1991 - 1991 Washington, DC riot in D.C.'s Mount Pleasant neighborhood, (Washington, D.C.)
3. 1991 - Crown Heights Riot, (Brooklyn, New York)
4. 1992 - Los Angeles riots/Rodney King riot, (Los Angeles, California
5. 1996 - St. Petersburg, Florida Riot, (St. Petersburg, Florida)
6. 1998 - Denver Super Bowl riot, (Denver, Colorado)
7. 1998 - Washington State University student riot, (Pullman, Washington)
8. 1999 - Michigan State University student riot, (East Lansing, Michigan)
9. 1999 - Woodstock 1999 concert rioting, near Rome, New York
10. 1999 - WTO Ministerial Conference of 1999, (Seattle, Washington)
11. 2000 - Los Angeles Lakers riot, (Los Angeles, California)
12. 2001 - Philadelphia Mardi Gras Riots, (Philadelphia, PA)
13. 2001 - Seattle Mardi Gras Riots, (Seattle, WA)
14. 2001 - 2001 Cincinnati Riots, (Cincinnati, Ohio)
15. 2002 - Ohio State University post Michigan football game riot, (Columbus, OH,)
16. 2002 - River Run Riot, (Laughlin, Nevada)
17. 2003 - Benton Harbor Riot, (Benton Harbor, Michigan,)
18. 2004 - VEISHEA riot, drunk Iowa State students riot, cancel 2005 VEISHEA (Ames, Iowa)
19. 2005 - 2005 Toledo Riot, (Toledo, Ohio)
20. 2006 - Santee High School student riot, (Los Angeles, California)
21. 2007 - Pacific Beach riot, (San Diego, California)

After careful evaluation of this list and examination of the proposed causes of the riots, I have determined-
Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 14, 17, 19 and 20 were all predomintaly caused and attended by African American and/or Hispanic citizens. All of which execpt # 11 the 2000 - Los Angeles Lakers riot were due to belief by the Black or Hispanic community members that there was discrimation which caused serious injury (typically death) to another member of their community, usually by the police, but not always as seen in # 3 the Crown Heights riot. The remainder, execpt #10 which occurred during the WTO Ministerial Conference of 1999, were predomintally instigated by White americans. The funny thing is ALL (#’s 6,7,8,9,12,13,15,16,18, and 21) THE REST were involving WHITE PEOPLE WHO WERE TOO DRUNK! I guess us white peeps REALLY do have to fight for our right to PARRRTTTYYYY!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Look at the each incident for yourself! Why are we not capable of independant thought? I looked at this list and sighed! Where were all you drunk rioting morons when I was protesting the Iraq war with my 2 young daughters with only 4 other people while my WHITE brethren threw beer bottles, trash and obscenities at us? Where were all of those crazy, beer drinking, football loving, predomintaly male, white people then? Why not set some cars on fire then guys? I mean HELL you patriotic men are the ones dying in Iraq (along with thousands of innocent Iraq civilians), why wasn't it worth causing some unrest then, when it could have made a difference? Shame on you all for listening to the retroic and being mindless sheep! While in many if not most of the recent cases involving BLACK rioters, even if they were wrong or mislead, at least they were fighting for SOMETHING other than the right to another beer!

A Disgruntled, Disturbed and Depressed Dr. T is now going to bed!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
(quote)
"While in many if not most of the recent cases involving BLACK rioters, even if they were wrong or mislead, at least they were fighting for SOMETHING other than the right to another beer!"

EXACTLY!!

I can't count how many times our Canadian government has passed completely ludicrous legislation and Canadian's simply moan and spark up the BBQ (if its summer) or turn on the hockey game...and then continue to moan, possibly - at best - start a protest on parliament hill - everyone gets bored and then goes home...the end...nothing gained.

Laws and legislation that gets passed in this country would spark a hundred riots in the US. The introduction of the GST (Goods and Service Tax) would have had the American's stand up and fight!

Why don't we do that? We just bloody moan a lot. Maybe we're just a society of really lazy people. After all, a riot does take a lot of energy.

But I digress - sure, sometimes you have to take a stand! And the American's (black, white or whatever) have never been afraid of doing just that.

As frightening as the US government is to me at times (no offence intended) - I've always envied the US because its people STAND UP for what they believe in...right or wrong.

On that note, I'm not advocating violence. And if the RCMP is watching this site "Hi there! I'm not a threat! Don't waste tax payers dollars tapping my phone. Thanks."

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It really comes down to who is more likely to riot. The backers of a losing McCain campaign, or the backers of a losing Obama campaign?

Looking back at past riots to predict the next riot doesn't make too much sense.

But since I don't feel like making sense today here is a great example...

The 1968 Democrat Convention riots. Just an example of angry Democrats rioting...and you can't imagine a whole race of people supporting a losing historic candidate getting a little angry after the election?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
FYI, the only people who brought up possible riots if Obama lost the nomination to Clinton were Obama supporters who were taking the position of how unfair it would be for the super delegates to "overturn the will of the people."

The line of reasoning was that if Obama won the majority of pledged delegates, and if the super delegates sided with Clinton, then there would be riots at the Democratic convention in Denver. In other words, the talks of riots, if anything, came across as a veiled threat by the Obama supporters in order to put political pressure on the super delegates so they would relinquish their right to freely choose the candidate of their own choosing.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
In other words, the talks of riots, if anything, came across as a veiled threat by the Obama supporters in order to put political pressure on the super delegates so they would relinquish their right to freely choose the candidate of their own choosing.

If you knew your vote counted more then that of an average citizen could you in good conscience vote against the will of the people whether you agreed with them or not? I surely couldn't, but perhaps my ethics are a bit whacked.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnOldFriend

There are so many problems with voting in America! Please tell me why "One person, One vote" concept is so difficult for us to work out! The whole democratic nomination process just brought to light further problems with an already BROKEN system. It amazes me that we are attempting to demotratize other countries while we are still discussing the "hanging chad"! I am glad most of the super delagets will sway with the vote of the people it just bothers me that, people like the super delegates and those making up the electoral college have the power to supercede any of our votes! Yeah, yeah I know all about the "well when this country was founded arguements" but just because our founding fathers did this a certian way DOES NOT mean we have to purpertrate idiotic policies!

So what if someone said that they would riot if they beleived thier vote did not count! Does this mean we have to spew raceist ideology and complete fabrications such as "Black people like to riot and burn down thier neighborhoods!" Then go on to cite inaccurate "stories" such as shooting at helicopoters following Katrina! Hey, I am white and I would be down with rioting if the 2008 election goes any way that the 2000 election did!

I think we need to protest more, why did we ALLOW the Iraq war? And yes we did ALLOW it because we should have as a country been up in arms because we should have seen through the patriotic garbage our leaders were throwing at us and looked at the facts, I blame the media too but ANYWHO... I hope that if we as a country took just a few minutes a day to read news that mattered (so no Brinity Spears or Paris Hilton articles) and STOPPED assuming the things that our government tells us are true, then we would be better off!

SHAME ON US FOR ALLOWING OUR LEADERS TO DO THESE THINGS AND THE MEDIA TO LEAD US AWAY FROM THE TRUTH, SHAME ON US!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

The 1968 Democrat Convention riots. Just an example of angry Democrats rioting...and you can't imagine a whole race of people supporting a losing historic candidate getting a little angry after the election?

The riots at the 1968 Democratic convention were over the war in Vietnam, and people of all ethnicities participated. There could conceivably be riots over the war in Iraq if it goes on too much longer.

If Obama "loses" by a tiny margin, like the 2000 election, there will certainly be discontent. I might be tempted to riot myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I WISH people had cared as much about the Iraq war as they did about the Vietnam war! I was one of the few who protested infront of the capital building (maybe 4 to 10 people but never more) in Lansing, MI! We got bottles (with beer still in them) thrown at us! People were hanging out of car windows SHOUTING obsenities at myself and my 2 young daughters while we stood holding signs BEGGING FOR PEACE! This is how we were treated by our fellow American's! I would have participated in a riot for that, but the only thing that came close to a riot that year was a large fatertiny post sports game bash... "GO SPARTANS" (sarcasm)

I blame the republicans for the mindwashing of America! They indoctorinated people into believing it was unAmerican to question government and protest against the war meant you must be unpatriotic and against our American military! Most of us just accepted it! People I know who grew up in the 60's, people who fought in Vietnam- these were people who I thought would at least question thier government, they bought it too! The answer to every question was 911! Toture- 911, loss of civil liberarties- 911, lack of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq- 911, I could go on all day here!

This is only the stuff we know about what else have they gotten away with in the guise of patroitism! The people that I know did come around but by then it was too late, the campain of shock and awe had already taken place! Although they still argue with me to this day, that how were they supposed to know, we have to defend our country after all... Get off it! Sure we need to defend oursleves, but Iraq was not a threat! The worse part is THE CURRENT ADMINSTRATION KNEW THAT AND LIED! Compared to that Obama just can't be that bad...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
First, let me just ask that we do not associate rioting with an orderly protest:

Riots are a form of civil disorders characterized by disorganized groups lashing out in a sudden and intense rash of violence, vandalism or other crime. While individuals may attempt to lead or control a riot, riots are typically chaotic and exhibit herd behavior.
- Wikipedia.

The moment a protest degenerates into a riot, there is no moral standing for the protest - how would "protestors" burning cars, looting stores, attacking "non-protestors" and generally causing chaos and mayhem have the moral highground as per the Iraq War?

And please:
There is a difference between "white people" rioting because they are drunk, and blacks rioting when they aren't "drunk".

It's common knowledge that excess amounts of alcohol wreak merry hell on one's decision making processes - and do you honestly think they'd riot if sober?

But the way things are going, I'm not sure Obomination would lose.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why on earth would you endanger your daughters by doing such a thing? Yes, this is a very important issue, and I admire you ideals and devotion... but you should make sure the kids are safe from the type of responses you described.

Wow, please be careful out there everyone...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yup... Oh I wish people cared that much now!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

It was supposed to be a peaceful non-violent protest, I did not think there was anything wrong with taking my daughters to that! Yeah in retrospect maybe not such a good idea I agree! I am still VERY bitter over the experiance

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Actually it was a riot by Republican operatives that halted the vote counting in Florida in 2004, thus propelling the whole debacle up to the Supreme Court. Every last one of them had the luminous complexion of an eggshell under flourescent light.

Also one can just take a look at a few conservative message board to see how many of the posters there are advocating "arming themselves just in case"

Keep in mind that every domestic terrorist in the last thirty years has been a white right-wing Christian.

What was your question again?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Post deleted by RRConservative.

I may have said something regarding Obama. I have received too many warnings to take chance at posting anything political right now.

Mods please delete if you need to.

Thanks

[edit on 19-9-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kupoliveson

Americans of all races had all sorts of riots during the 1960s. Maybe we have fewer political riots because political issues are less dramatic and crowd control for protests is based more on containment then dispersal.

If you really want protests to turn to riots I suggest dispensing free alcohol.

top topics

join