It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing A Report - Where to get info on war in Vietnam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi All,

As part of my journalism class i am writing a fictitious account of a soldier in the Vietnam war. Now i need all the info i can on the Vietnam war, locations, brigades, tragedies and triumphs, journals every thing. This is part of my final assessment and want to make it count towards a high score. Any idea where I can get to a website with very comprehensive information?

thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

search.yahoo.com...

Hope that helps. There is several to choose from.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Your local library will most likely have much more accurate and easily indexed information than most sites on the internet, bar perhaps wikipedia.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
is there any novels written on or published accounts of soldiers diaries or memoirs?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm sure there is. Click on my link I gave you. You will find loads of stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Here is a first hand account from a soldier that took a reel to reel recorder onto the battlefield with him during the war. He was killed in action.

This might be something you can use since you are looking for first hand accounts.

americanradioworks.publicradio.org...

This one shows a perspective on how soldiers felt about peace protests.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
awesome thanks...is there any where on BTS i can post what ive written for feed back?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
also can any one tell me where i can see official military correspondences from the war, like when a soldier sent a telegram or passed away?

top topics

join