It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muddy Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

The tracks in those first three shots look like they were made in mud to me, it doesn't resemble sand at all. That last pic shows some ground, but come on does that look like sand to you?? Looks like dirt to me.

What you guys think?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They all look like they were made in a fine dust to me. Come on, there are better shots that appear to be mud than those ones.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i think for it to clump together like that means its slightly moist.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It is possible that could be liquid still deep underground, but I don't think the pics you have highlighted can conclusively say that there is enough water seeping to the surface to make for muddy tracks.

I do believe that there are other areas on Mars where the probability for water is greater....perhaps just south of the poles where the ice begins to melts....The ice on the polar caps can melt, can they not????

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i think its because the gravity is more than it is here so it causes the dirt to stay in one place. or i could be compleatly wrong

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hi I am new...*waves*

It does look like mud to me...As if the ground is indeed moist...

spawnclan.com...

I think this due to the way the deflated airbags are messed up...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonine
i think its because the gravity is more than it is here so it causes the dirt to stay in one place. or i could be compleatly wrong

Mars has about 1/3 Earth's gravity.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Listen Kids, go to the Kitchen, get some flour, and see what kind of tracks you can make in something almost totally dry.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Since when is sand as fine as flour?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Because you're see mostly dust or very very fine material.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
there are some places on earth, where sand is as fine as flour, mainly beaches. i've got no real opinion on the tracks though, it appears to look like mud in one picture and in another like fine sand. if the colors weren't in black and white, i believe i could come to better conclusion. but then again, i think everyone could.

new topics

top topics

join