It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed in Costa Rica - clear footage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Tripped over this on Youtube. Please remove if it's already posted. Impressive footage taken by a guy in Costa Rica on a cellphone...

www.youtube.com...

So - any takers?

J.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's definitely SPINNING and that's darn GOOD footage and clear enough
to see that it is UNLIKELY that it is a CGI....

HOWEVER...it's size of about 2 to 5 metres across (based upon
visual examination of surrounding objects and the probable camera
capability on the cell phone in question) indicates to me an RC model
or other man-made object.

The video "Looked Real Enough" but the object depicted is a UFO
as in Unidentified Flying Object which does NOT put into the
realm of an alien space craft.

Although I must admit my technical biases towards a UAV/RC Model,
the craft design looks TOO EARTHY to be alien....

SOMEONE PLEASE ANYWHERE HAVE A SONY BETACAM SP or
preferably DigiBeta or HD-Cam handy when something like this
shows up! Even a cheapo Mini-DV camera held STEADY would be
a help in puting this through some forensic render analysis!
Why can't we HAVE STEADY footage...I've got the cameras....
now where is the UFO??????

PLEASE, PLEASE Hold the camera in the PALM of your hand using your
arm like a Steadicam unit - MOVE SLOWLY - TURN OFF AUTOFOCUS
AND AUTO-IRIS - Set your F-Stop to so that BLOOMING doesn't occur!
Set your focus to infinity on Wide Shots zoomed fully out
but zoom ONLY to about 2/3rds of the way in NOT all the way because
the shot then becomes extremely unsteady!

If the lights on a craft are too bright, TURN DOWN THE IRIS until
you can see clearly defined edges because I can RAISE
the light levels and detail in post production, but if the whites are
blooming or blasted out, then I can't do anything to analyze your footage!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I vote real footage. Whether that's a remote controlled prop or a UAV is debatable. I doubt a government agency would see a reason to test secret technology in the open for people to see.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I swear I've seen this before... it's very intriguing.

How Do UFOs Move?

Most UFOs wobble, bounce or skip along. Sometimes they move very quickly. They can also hover or move very slowly. UFOs may make a noise when they move. Some people have said UFOs buzz or whine. These noises can be very loud.
source

Notice how the wobble can be seen in the video...

Paul R. Hill's book has a very logical explanation for the wobble.

"Apparently the rock and the wobble both give a finer, faster control of altitude than can be obtained by an adjustment of UFO thrust by a buildup or decrease of the force field intensity."

Helicopters are more stable (and effecient) when hovering in ground-effect. This is due to the downward force of air and how it interacts with the ground. UFOs may have to continue to manuever their thrust in order to order to maintain their stability at altitude and wobbling might be how they accomplish the task as effeciently as possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Classic 'falling leaf' characteristics.

My vote is 100% genuine.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have seen this before too, something to do with Jaime Mussan, I think. Not quite sure about authenticity.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sorry wrong thread ......

I still say that falling leaf pattern makes this a genuine sighting.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This has been analyzed before and they confirmed that the footage is real. I belive is 100% real. I live in Costa Rica and the person that recorded this video from his cellphone is a very simple person, there is no way somebody like him have access to technology or knowledge to fake videos. About the object, RC object? where can I get one of those? 2 meters long. It seems an expensive project for somebody in Costa Rica. Why would they come to test in such rural area in Costa Rica!!?
Doesn't make sense to me

Regards

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is a little more information on this case..

Some aspects of the video:
- Recorded on a Motorola cellphone in 3GP format.
- Duration of 15:06 seconds.
- There is a break at 3:19, when the zoom is applied, a situation that can be normal in some cellphone models when the zoom is used. This information must be checked against a similar phone.
- The object remains static and later changes position, tilting toward the left and the right in fractions of a second, showing other aspects such as: the upper, lateral and lower view, respectively.
- This copy of the video is from researcher Richard Sandi. The file was labeled "22-11-07-1550", leading me to suppose it is 22 November 2007. In Luis Carlos's report, dated 30 November, the witness claims to have recorded it :"some days ago" - therefore, the label could match the date of the sighting.

Ana Luisa is one of Mexico's leading ufologists. After reviewing the film frame by frame she believes the video is genuine, but feels Costa Rican ufologists might have a more qualified opinion. I can't seem to find any follow up on this case by Costa Rican ufologists.

ufoinfo.com

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have seen this before here on ATS...there is a thread I just couldn't find it. But from what I understand this was debunked due to the wobble, like it was tied to a string.

Unfortunately it was done with a cellphone and it was compressed in youtube which makes it worse.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
I swear I've seen this before... it's very intriguing.

How Do UFOs Move?

Most UFOs wobble, bounce or skip along. Sometimes they move very quickly. They can also hover or move very slowly. UFOs may make a noise when they move. Some people have said UFOs buzz or whine. These noises can be very loud.
source

Notice how the wobble can be seen in the video...

Paul R. Hill's book has a very logical explanation for the wobble.

"Apparently the rock and the wobble both give a finer, faster control of altitude than can be obtained by an adjustment of UFO thrust by a buildup or decrease of the force field intensity."

Helicopters are more stable (and effecient) when hovering in ground-effect. This is due to the downward force of air and how it interacts with the ground. UFOs may have to continue to manuever their thrust in order to order to maintain their stability at altitude and wobbling might be how they accomplish the task as effeciently as possible.

I think the author ment to say "most ALIEN SPACECRAFT" instead of ufos.
A ufo is not always a spacecraft. A ufo can be a piece of paper thrown by a coworker. The image is not clear. I don't see aliens in the window.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by earthman4]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Uh no.... the author meant ufo because it's unidentified.

The image is not clear. I don't see aliens in the window.

Of course it's not clear. It was taken with a shakey hand on a camera phone.

If you actually read story you would have noticed the object was described as being about the size of a tractor tire. No window with little green men peering out.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by earthman4

Uh no.... the author meant ufo because it's unidentified.

The image is not clear. I don't see aliens in the window.

Of course it's not clear. It was taken with a shakey hand on a camera phone.

If you actually read story you would have noticed the object was described as being about the size of a tractor tire. No window with little green men peering out.

Ok, the author should have said flying saucer. UFO is too broad a term.
The title of this thread says "clear". the only clear flying saucer videos have all been proven to be a hoax. Please, make me a believer. Give me real evidence.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Thanks for adding this information Scramjet!

I looked at this post, and the wobbling that you are talking about...well that sort of makes it look fake to me....as if it's on a string or being remotely controlled...but your post about the wobble is interesting, I didn't know that most wobble like that...the one I saw didn't, but I guess that doesn't mean anything...

A star for you Scramjet, for your contribution to this thread and for the OP of course, good find....

Any way of contacting Ana Luisa in case there was any follow up? Anyone in Costa Rica on ATS? I would like to hear her opinion on it

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Hey Hey Dan Tanna,

What do you mean by the falling leaf pattern? Will you please explain? It sounds interesting and perhaps you could explain to me, in relation to this video what you mean by that?

I get the general idea about what a falling leaf looks like, and how it would relate to this video but the way you state that seems to mean that it's a standard UFO movement or something? I am curious ...thanks!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Very interesting vid Jimbo.
Heres another link featuring photographic stills and information regarding the video's heritage:
inexplicata.blogspot.com...
Cheers Karl

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

But from what I understand this was debunked due to the wobble, like it was tied to a string.

How would the wobble debunk it? The wobble is well documented in many ufo reports.

How Do UFOs Move?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Hey Apexer,

the one I saw didn't, but I guess that doesn't mean anything...

Sure it means something. Was it hovering? How close were you? Was it a disc or what did it look like? How big was it? Colors?

Also, about the falling leaf thing...

I believe the rock and the falling leaf are the same thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I watched the clip, I think its a hoax

I've bought one of these for 49p or US$1
It wobbles when you throw it, you can make it hover, with the right amount of helium in, it floats nicely
Large enough too!

I'll do a couple of experiments with my kids disc and fill it with helium and see if I can recreate the effect, I dont have that type of phone though so cant recreate 100%

I'm going to get bombarded by the believers now

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

On this date in 1958 the CIA Robertson Panel report was released. At 3:30 a.m. a UFO was seen over Keta, Ghana swinging in a falling leaf motion. That same night a row of nine yellow discs flew over Cleveland, Ohio and split up into two groups of four and five. (Sources: Donald H. Menzel, The World of Flying Saucers, p. 143; FSR, September-October 1970, p. 28; Richard Hall, The UFO Evidence, p. 137).

UFO Info

Close-up the disks can seem to have revolving rims (sometimes centers also) and, when not moving too speedily for obervation, often have a `falling-leaf' or rocking motion.

UFO

It's also worth noting that the large triangular and spherical objects seem to have very smooth, stable and silent motion. I.e - no `falling leaf' rocking.

This next qoute is enlightening - It shows how a man made disk reacts in water. Swap a small disk in water for a large disk in air and you would have the same result.

In another test, when the model was simply dropped vertically into the water, without being pushed or handled in any way, was unable to enter absolutely vertical and was immediately deflected. It was during these tests that it was noticed that the disc started to go into a "pendulum motion" or "falling leaf" maneuver. As the disc arched into a curve and slowed to a stop, it hovered briefly, then retraced its motion in the opposite direction, but slightly lower in another upward arc, then down again. The "falling leaf" motion occurred over and over again in ever-widening arcs until the disc settled on the bottom of the pool in a perfect UFO landing configuration!

nicap.org

So if I ever see a disk video that shows a low and slow ufo and it doesn't have that distinct pattern of 'falling leaf' i ignore it as its more than likely faked.
i'll dig into my old hard drive to find the report where it says that project blue Book would always give greater credence to 'falling leaf' reports than any other if the object seen was slow and disk shaped.

Hope that explains it a bit.

new topics

top topics

join