It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Site Offers to Send Post-Rapture E-Mails to Friends 'Left Behind'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Web Site Offers to Send Post-Rapture E-Mails to Friends 'Left Behind'

www.foxnews.com

A new site is offering a miraculous service — e-mails sent to loved ones left behind on Earth after you've been swept up to heaven in the Rapture.

YouveBeenLeftBehind.com promises to alert up to 62 people exactly six days after the event that, according to the Bible, signals the beginning of Armageddon, Wired magazine's Threat Level reports.

"You've Been Left Behind gives you one last opportunity to reach your lost family and friends for Christ," the site promoting the service says.

Final e-mails from vanished subscribers will be triggered when three of the site's five Christian staffers fail to log in for six days in a row.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Pathetic. What a joke.

There are always ways to seperate fools from their money.

The whole premise is that if their 5 "Christian" staff members don't show up for a week they've been raptured and the messages are sent.

Its far more likely that if they don't show up for a week its because they've either taken the money and run or have been arrested for fraud.

Sad truly sad.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A fee for a service that won't happen, nice scam.

I have a question though, for anyone who might buy into this garbage...
Supposing the rapture is real... and supposing this will e-mail the people you have left behind... how will the service know YOU haven't been left behind?

How does it know you've actually been taken? They're already dead, they can't perform a head count... so your friends get an e-mail, "I'm dead", meanwhile you're standing right behind them? Nice.

Anyhow, it's a load of hogwash anyways. Don't put your money into this.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Mind you I am not belittling people of faith... I am condemning the blatant attempt to exploit the gulible.

Its actually pretty swift since no one knows when this supposed rapture (its not in the Bible ya know) is supposed to take place... it could be tomorrow or it could be a hundred years from now.

Garrison Keilor in a skit once had it that once the rapture happened the only ones found missing were the Unitarians.

Sadly it also is a telling commentary about the state of modern American Christianity... there will be plenty of rubes to fall for this.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If and when the rapture ever occurs, I would imagine the world would be in a sort of chaotic state. If anyone deserves to be swept up in the rapture it would be our most cherished and innocent children.

Law enforcement will be inundated with distraught parents and family members. Not to mention, law enforcement will have suffered losses as well, and may be intent on recovering their own loved ones. In short, the world will go to hell in a handbasket.

That said, what makes anyone believe that internet service will be up and running. That servers and systems that make email communication possible will not crash amidst the chaos.

As far as the site goes, it apparently is not hard to separate a fool from their money.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is like the adds..."Send me $19.95 and I'll tell you how to make millions!!!!" You get a letter back saying " Thank you, this is how I got rich!!!"

Zindo

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well this is one service I won't be needing. No threat of this happening to me anytime soon, but I know some that would do this.

And what would you write? HA HA HA!?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm going to make an assumption that everyone posting in this has bought life insurance, car insurance, some kind of insurance on their house, health insurance, etc., at some point.

Now, when you bought that insurance, did you go around saying "Damn! I hope my house burns down tonight so I can collect that money!"? I would hope not. It's there in the EVENT that said thing happens. Let's say that some miracle happened, and not one house burned down in the next year. Would you then say that fire insurance was a "big scam"?

If you take the bible seriously, you know that one of the greatest signs of the end times would be the Jews back in Isreal. (Some say Jerusalem) We are told that when this happens "this generation" wouldn't pass away before Jesus' return. What we AREN'T told is what "this generation" means. Is it literally the people who were alive then? It can't have been the "40 years" generation, because that is already past. Is it considered the lifetime of a human, which is set (biblically) at no longer than 120 years? Furthermore, are the jews considered back from the creation of Isreal, or from the takeover of Jerusalem?

Anyway, the point is this. They would have to have a "dead-man's switch" set up so that the e-mails will go out. Second, YES servers and e-mail will still function normally for a time, providing electricity is still maintained.

Critical thinking has totally been eliminated in modern society. What I call the "If...then..." thinking.

IF there is a God, and IF there is a rapture, and IF it does happen soon, THEN these people have set up a system where they can reach the lost after the event. In other words IF this is all true, THEN they are doing everything they can to keep you out of hell. And that's worth nothing to you? Let me put it another way: IF this is true, THEN they are trying to save you from a fate much, much worse than mere death. And you view that as ridiculous?

Change your attitude and think of this as "soul insurance" for someone else, then it doesn't seem as ridiculous. These people spend $60 to buy a chance, no matter how slim, to possibly save a soul from hell, and you value it as nothing?

Finally, I leave you with this: 2nd Peter 3:9 (King James Version)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

top topics

join