It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERO...will you use it ? or resist it ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You're right, most people will be more worried about their savings (if they have any) than patriotism. But what if John Adams, John Hancock, Sam Adams, George Washingon, Thomas Jefferson just to name the more famous patriots (there are lots more who just don't have the same celebrity) had thought that way. The signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor for the cause.

Do I think the Amero would be more accepted in say 20 years? I think it all depends on the worth of the USD. If the dollar keeps tanking it won't even have to be that long.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I can say i'm not American Mexican or Canadian So why would i care ?? But if i said that i would have my head stuck in the sand to think it's not going to affect the whole wide world

It is just another way from the Government to skip over alot of the problems they have created over the years and many many people will suffer from the Amero

My question to the Government and the people When you bring your new Amero in Do you still have to pay your outstanding Bills ? Your Home loan? Would this not breach your contract you sign when you first got your home loan or car loan?

I'm sure if i walked into my bank and passed over Monopoly money for my loan they would laff at me

The implications of this are so far reaching We as the people only see a small part of the big Picture The Fat Cats of this world are only going to get richer

Just to add another question Will America then open it's borders to the Mexicans and the Canadians with out passports and visas?

[edit on 9-6-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

The signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor for the cause.

i believe there are many Americans that would do the same thing today , unfortunately these true patriots are outnumbered by the sheeple that are ignorant to what's really going on in this country.

the old saying ...."those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it" really rings a bell here.

what i see is the younger generation falling as easy prey for this New World Order because alot of them dont even know what the Declaration of Independence is.

of course i dont have the solution to this problem we are facing ...i wish i did.

i did vote for Ron Paul , and it seems he may have been the last hope ?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by duffster

thanks for your reply,

nice to hear an outside view of this and you brought up some very interesting points.

i would have my head stuck in the sand to think it's not going to affect the whole wide world

excellent point that it will affect the entire world. it is mind boggling to even think about the ramifications of this Amero taking over. many things would have to change worldwide and i can see alot of opportunists and thieves taking advantage of the change.

Just to add another question Will America then open it's borders to the Mexicans and the Canadians with out passports and visas?

good question and i am wondering... will they just have a national id card and be able to travel anywhere in the NAU ?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm thinking of starting to stock up on food, in 2009. Thing is, I somehow will have to hide it away, so my parents don't know, until the time comes. In case if our money becomes worthless. We won't have to worry about any food issues. When all grocery stores, clothes stores, gas pumps, are raided. Gas issues have become a problem, and becoming more of a problem.

Changing the currency to introduce the Amero so suddenly will panic the masses of people. It'll be the next 1929 great depression, possibly even greater than that.

Now the chip. That's a different story, and no I'm not going to have a National ID card, neither the chip, because I will move away so I don't have to rely on the government.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I can't believe there are this many participants on a thread about collectible zero value coins. That's all they are, they're worth the base metal content and collectible value. I could personally go to a coin producer and get my own "ameros" created for pennies on the "amero" just like the sellers on ebay that are suckering people already.

Do you honestly think that if this really did happen that the new system would just accept these fake ameros at face value?

[edit on 9-6-2008 by BlueTriangle]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

it's not about the fake coins being produced now. it's about the Amero that will be the new currency for north America.

are you denying that the AMERO will replace the dollar ?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Changing the currency to introduce the Amero so suddenly will panic the masses of people. It'll be the next 1929 great depression, possibly even greater than that.

i agree and everyone i have talked to in person was surprised and frightned and then they pledged their resistance to it.

it's even got me kinda panicky because of the agenda behind it.

i think your right about being prepared for this and i think i will do the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
it's not about the fake coins being produced now. it's about the Amero that will be the new currency for north America.
are you denying that the AMERO will replace the dollar ?

Well it sure seems from reading this thread that many people are taking the existance of these fake coins to be some kind of proof that the NAU is going to happen.

Am I denying it?? Damn right. There is no proof that anything of the kind is happening. The only argument that could even border on evidence is the new superhighway. I'm sure there was a small crowd of conspiracists that said the same thing about the interstate highway system back in the 50s and 60s.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

of course the goverments are not going to tell you ahead of time with an official statement about this and to completely rule this out as a possibility would be foolish imo.

However, since 1999 a case has been building for the new currency, and some believe the current administration is setting the stage for the introduction of the Amero very soon, as soon as 2010 some believe. The lack of serious intervention on illegal immigration coupled with the continued devaluation of the dollar and its weakness in the world economy is in fact the perfect place to set the foundation for a new currency. Or so I’ve been told by various economists with far more smarts than myself.

www.wisebread.com...
Europe has the Euro. Are you ready for The Amero? | Wise Bread

[edit on 9-6-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Easy now, easynow. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Don't bother presenting evidence, I've read all of the threads that are supposed to convince me and I'm not convinced. The problem is that there is no proof, it's kind of like taking a pile of 25 puzzle pieces that may or may not even be part of the same puzzle and trying to figure out what the picture is. You obviously are happy with just a few pieces, I want most of the puzzle completed before I make a decision.

I'm not saying it's not possible...I'm saying that at this point it's a huge stretch to assume it's the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

i agree with you that there is no proof and i cannot produce any real evidence because this has not happened yet. if i did have the smoking gun proof i would fear for my life to be honest with you.

the problem i have is... these deals are going on behind closed doors and being kept from the public and these imaginary pieces to the puzzle seem to fit right in with the NAU and NAFTA and the NWO.

i could be completely wrong about this but many people including me can see this coming down the pipe.

i appreciate your input and i pray that you are right about this.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I know I am brining up an old thread by doing this, but I got to thinking (yay me
) a few days ago and I have come to the conclusion that ceterius peribus (all else staying the same) and just looking at things from an economic standpoint (as in no jerks in the Government or a NWO organization pulling puppet strings), the idea of combining currencies is a logical economic building tool. I'm not an expert on economics, but I've had a good deal of coursework in them here in college.

Now I know many of you on here are looking for pitchforks and torches after that, but please hear me out, I'm not a sell out. I'll keep my good old dollars as long as I can, even fight for them, but the facts of the world must be looked at as well with unemotional eyes to understand things:

1) The US dollar is falling...ish. It's definately not the #1 currency in the world (never was), and has been falling down consistantly for some time now.

2) The value of the US Dollar is determined by the global marketplace for currencies. This is a system set up in the 1970's to replace the gold standard to help balance the montary market for trade. It works just as any other market. If demand outstrips supply, the value (or price) goes up. If supply outstrips demand, the value drops.

3) The United States in and of itself has become increasingly unpopular since the mistakes made in Iraq (as in invading), and the soon mistake of doing anything about Iran (And if you don't think the global popularity of the US is dropping, you should be smacked with a truth stick and stop watching Fox News Opinion: A US Leadership to Follow

4) So long as the United States is unpopular the demand will be swamped with supply and the relative value of the dollar will be lower than in the past. Anything done that gets more people ticked at them will get the dollar's value down even more.

Keeping these things in mind, from an economic perspective, let's look at the reason why the Amero is a "good" economic thing. (Disclaimer: I do not support the Amero, but someone needs to play devil's advocate, and I've got some college under my belt in economics and foreign exchanges, so I'm giving it a shot)

1) If the supply of dollars is too great to satisfy the international community then the way to solve the value problem is to begin to remove dollars off of the market byhaving the Federal Reserver raise interest rates on the securities that the US Treasury issues onto the market (this is how dollars are bought and sold on the global exchange), this takes dollars out of the market by making them more expensive to hold. Bernanke of the Federal Reserve cannot do this though without causing inflation and risking stagflation.

2) The US government deficit doesn't help matters either, because it is funding by the same tool as the Federal Reserve's interest rate tool, US Treasury bonds. Poli-chickens won't touch the policies that they have in place to free up the money to begin paying down the debt to sop up the extra dollars in the market because they won't be re-elected the next time for taking all of the pork out of their bills, and cutting back on services.

3) The solution then? Ditch the Dollar and get something else that you can control the flow of into the market. Here comes the Amero. Combining the three nation's currencies would begin to negate the problems of monetary worth because at first there would be fe Amero's availible on the market, and if an exchange rate were to be set that it took $1.5 (or more) to buy 1 Amero, you would then get your tool to sop up the availible dollars(as they disappear), AND start to "heal" the economic problems of the US. (Of course at the same time, the new mandate could just void all outstanding treasuries and cause a global economic panic to trade them to something else, making the Dollar worth even less and causing the people of the US to be unable to buy the new currency because it'll be more along the lines of $20 to 1 Amero.)

Now, that being said, I believe that should (or when, depending on your beliefs) this happens, it will cause a domino effect throughout the world, and we will see 4 "super-currencies" and 2 regional ones, with a few outliers/question marks. I'm not saying it'd be an overnight change, but it would most likely happen, and as a previous poster said: It's all just a stepping stone.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post....darn computer

[edit on 7/11/2008 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'l be using my bank debit card, won't even know the difference

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would rather own silver/gold than a piece of paper called a dollar. Gold pls...thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have lots invested in precious metals. Namely, brass, lead, and copper...if you catch my drift. I won't be using any Amero.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm sure the Amero will make mighty fine toilet paper.

Can't wait to try it out.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I will use it there would be no choice. The way things are going right now inflation keeps lowering the value of each dollar. They make all money out of debt. They will keep increasing the money supply increasing debt until it collapses. THe american people will be told yet another lie through the media and the amero will be the solution. To save the value of your money right now you should buy something of ACTUAL value (GOLD). When the dollar is not worth anything anymore you will still have value. I really want to know how the amero system will work.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'd use it, but only to survive. I hope it never gets to that point though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join