It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, not Christ, not the Anti-Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

After i changed my mind about the man, it still made no difference to me his flaws.
Why?
All politicians have them

You can't go to a car dealership and buy a collectors edition corvette
then get mad at your car because you cant cram a mattress in the trunk.

A politician is the same way.

It doesnt matter which side of the election you're on.
Both candidates lie to get ahead.

But what you have to do (IMO) is figure out which candidates' lies are in your best interest.

Obama or McCain?

For me, and apparently a lot of other people the choice is clear - Obama.

Until something drastic happens (if ever) to change my opinion, it shall stay here

It is our fault we can't "all" agree on the most practical car to buy for "our" family. If we could, I bet we could get a decent sized mattress to fit too.
But, I also want to add that the "dealership" is telling "our" family what kind of car "they" want to sell us. (the media is the dealership or salesperson)
(the mattress represents our common goals "serenity" "peace" "able to get a decents night sleep knowing that we have a roof over our head and enough financial security to pay our bills and have something left over)
(The family represents our citizens.) (the car is the candidate)

The salesman doesn't want us to buy a truck or van (Ron Paul maybe) they want us to buy the impractical corvette because that is where they get their big commission from the"Rupert Murdoch's"

......sorry but that was a fun metaphor to play with...sorry for highjacking the idea.

I use to own a "Bush" car...for almost 8 years and it was nothing but a lemon. Why would I risk buying another one by the same company.
I think I will try an "Obama" since I'm down to an either or choice.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

totally agreed that the media is the greasy slimey care salesman trying to convince you that you have to have this car that an old woman drove only to church and back on sundays, all highway

But thats why i said we should evaluate our decisions, not based on media coverage.

A network is owned by an individual
that individual makes decisions based on his or her political ideals, and thus those ideals leak down into how the news is portrayed.
Its always been this way

but with the wonderful world of the internet age, we can all deduce who is lying viciously, and who is lying to get by

politics is all lies
politics is born from human being desires to rule one another.

nothing more
we've always had them, always will

/end cheesy attempt at philosophy

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The big problem is that when a company like Bears and Sterns goes under, the small investors with their retirement plan at risk are the ones who completely loose out. All the big investors are in on the take from the beginning. They bail before the legs are kicked out from under the company with all the money, then buy the small investors out with penny's on the dollar. The real answer is to keep the corporations alive to save the small investors, and prosecute the big fish before they get away with the money, take all the money back that the exec's swindled from the company, and then use that money to get the bankrupt corporation back on its feet.

See, McCain is not the same car as GW. McCain might be made by the same company, but McCain is the reasonable sedan. Obama is another outsider change car, just made by the other company, which isn't any different than the first company, and the Obama outsider change car is just like the GW outsider change car. Don't get fooled again by the same sales line that sold GW back in 1980. Obama is just as big of a rip off as GW was.

I watched Powell's NATO sales pitch for the war, and I thought he did a great job, but I followed up with some research and found out that he lied to us. The war in Iraq has gone pretty much as I predicted, except, the recent success with the surge.

Yes, we should get out when the right time comes, and I think McCain will do just that, BUT, the best way to arrive at the right moment to pull out is to promise to stay there for a hundred years if necessary to take away all hope from your enemies. Then wait for the right moment, and quickly and quietly pull out of Iraq, and then make the big announcements, claim victory, and parade the boys coming home around the cities and celebrate their success.

Telling our enemy that we will pull out as soon as a certain pol gets into office only encourages them to keep on fighting so that they can declare victory against the great Satan. I didn't want to go into Iraq, but even more, I don't want to leave in disgrace, and that is what Obama will deliver, and the war against terrorism will drag on. Get ready for round two in Africa under Obama.

Take it from me, I wasn't fooled by GW the first time, and I am not fooled by Obama. Obama is just another slick sports car just like GW. Vote for the sedan, that would be McCain. Vote for the candidate who is not being continuously promoted by the media as Obama is here in the states.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

i wonder if you may share some specific examples of what you say.

I mean, places we could see how you draw your conclusions that B.O. is like G.W.B. and McCain is not.

Im not persecuting your opinion, im just challenging it

Personally, i see it the other way around. I base how i see them by how they've acted in the past.

Maybe you do too

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I watched Powell's NATO sales pitch for the war, and I thought he did a great job, but I followed up with some research and found out that he lied to us. The war in Iraq has gone pretty much as I predicted, except, the recent success with the surge.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

hmmmm, so you figured out that he was lying before we even went to war with Iraq? You must be one hell of a intelligence gatherer. Just think if you could have gotten that proof to the media.
------------------
Now, back to McCain.
Which McCain are you supporting?
Do you see him as the same as he was 8 or 10 years ago?
I wonder why I have found him to have so radically changed that I went from supporting him before super tuesday to wondering WTF happened to this guy I thought I knew something about.
I certainly wasn't swooned by Obama. Has the media created this "different" McCain?
Nothing off the top of my head but there is another poster here that can rattle off evidence that shows the tale of the two McCains. Hopefully she (I wonder why I thought she was a she) or he, gets my back on this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

How are GW and Obama alike?

They are both Ivy league grads, they both campaigned as outsiders who will change the way politics are ran in Washington, and they both claim to be uniter's who will bring the two parties together. This is pretty clear. Both have this idealistic version of things that don't fit well into reality. Both are seriously lacking in experience. Both have troubled pasts and strange religious beliefs. Both are extremists, GW on the right and Obama on the left. Both have occult like followings who only see the positive and refuse to admit the huge negatives of their candidates. Both have amassed huge amounts of money for their campaigns. Both have very expansive foreign policy ambitions. Both talk about moving in a new direction but when you look at their policies they are just reinstating the failed policies of the past. Both are surrounded by highly questionable people. Both have ideas that favor one group over all others.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

The primary weapons inspectors were all disagreeing with Powell's assessment. There were plenty of debunkers on the internet, who discussed the places where Powell claim WMD's were located. Powell basically delivered old intelligence that had been doctored. It was a matter of opinion, and mine was that the GW admin was pulling a fast one. It wasn't that tough of a decision.

I think McCain's move to the right is purely political, and that McCain is the same man he was 8 years ago. It is an old trick, pander to the right, but move to the middle once in office. I think McCain is the only candidate who will go after the white collar crooks who have been given free reign under the GW admin.. Obama might try, but he won't put in the necessary effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join