It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Of The Apes - Your Opinions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello All,

Just got my hands on the planet of the apes movies all 6, plus new one with Mark Whalberg and the original TV show...

Awesome franchise, always interesting...Linda Harrison too...what yours opinions on the movies?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, when it first came out, I thought it was the best thing ever. The twist at the end when he sees the Statue of Liberty is classic, and has been copied in one form or another in many movies since.
I watched the new version and I thought it was also well done. Updated with a slightly different take on the ending; it worked quite well.
And I was a fan of the TV series too. And I had collected some of the bubble gum cards. Hmmm, I like Planet of the Apes!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I thought it was great! I thought the new one was done very well also, with that Burton feel to it. Rod Serling was an absolute genius. Very well done, all around.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
To this day nobody has sufficiently explained to me the ending of the Mark Wahlberg version.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
he has ended up on a alternate time line similar to the planet of the apes earth scenario - black hole brings them to alternate time lines, on his way back ended up on the same time line - just the future! Pity there was no sequel!

new topics

top topics

join