It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Egypt always have sand?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I know the Egyptians wore laptis lazuli powder for the eyes with different colored styles and had three different civilizations.

Was Egypt always a desert? How can the Egyptians have electricity in a desert? Why isn't any camel gods part of Egypt if they were living in a sandy world, they had cat, bird, crodile and many other animal gods besides a camel.

I surely cant find pictures online for what Egypt use to look like, anyone with insight about what im asking? Always thrilled to have a reply.

Thanks!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by UnderwaterPyramid]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The Egyptian agriculture system was based on the flooding of the Nile River.
There are also oases in the desert there. Of course throughout the history of the world I'm sure at some point it was not a desert...a long time ago.

info on the geological history of Egypt

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterychicken
The Egyptian agriculture system was based on the flooding of the Nile River.
There are also oases in the desert there. Of course throughout the history of the world I'm sure at some point it was not a desert...a long time ago.

info on the geological history of Egypt

So if it Egypt wasn't a desert at the time, do you think a sandstorm was the cause of the civilizations fall through hunger and thirst wich caused them to leave?

Maybe is it possible you think that the Pyramid's original color that was red may have faded with the desert sand somehow? The Egyptians used many different colors to express themselves through hieroglyphs etc.....

I mean why would the Egyptians call the dahshur/snofru pyramid red if it didn't look red! static.zooomr.com...

Thanks for your reply about the Nile mysterychicken, im interested in many other comments from others who are reading this aswell, share some insight please if your reading this, your opinion/theory matters!

[edit on 8-6-2008 by UnderwaterPyramid]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by UnderwaterPyramid

"V" Awesome. I used to dream about her, even after she swallowed the rat. Just had to give you props.

I couldn't answer your question, but i was watching something recently about how there are sea shells and other things normally in the ocean found in the sides of the pyramids as well as the water damage around the sphinx. I believe it was on discovery. I'll see if I can't find some more on the net. I would imagine it was of a different landscape at some point, due to pangea and all. Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Roman Empire was the cause of the fall of Ancient Egypt. Of course the interactions with other civilizations had changed them over time.

I think Eqyptologists agree that the pyramids were pretty vividly painted and were capped in gold. The Sphinx was supposed to have been vividly painted at one time too.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Egypt used to be greener once, yeah. Around the time Jesus was supposed to have been running around that part of the world was greener than it is now, and way back before that, around the time the Egyptains were buildingthe pyramids, it would have been much greener, not a forest, but more lush by far than it is today. The thing is the Sahara has been growing for a very long time, way back before even the Egyptains, the climate changed and the area started drying up.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ah I just found an interesting link about Egyptian colors!

Blue

was the color of the heavens, the dominion of the gods, as well as the color of water

was considered for the hair of the Egyptian Gods (read more about Blue africanhistory.about.com...

Green
was healing, new life
africanhistory.about.com...

Yellow
the color of the sun and, along with gold, could represent perfection.

Red
chaos and disorder

maybe Seth "the god of darkness and chaos had his own pyramid of red? Hes been worshiped since the predynastic times! He also had red hair!

Black
Black symbolized fertility, new life, and resurrection as seen through the yearly agricultural cycle.

It was also the color of Osiris ('the black one'), the resurrected god of the dead, and was considered the color of the underworld where the sun was said to regenerate every night.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I watched a show recently about this weird yellow glass from the desert, some guy noticed a piece of it in Tutenkahmen's collection, it was set in the center of a breast plate. Anyway, they thought it was one thing and he checked it out, turns out it is from a suspected meteor site in the desert, but no one has actually proven a meteor hit there, this glass stuff is scattered for like 200 miles. Anyway, while watching this show, as they travelled to the area of the glass to the heart of it, my perception of the desert they were crossing was that it looked like the bottom of the sea, and I was suprised when they showed a map of the location, it could easily have been part of the ocean floor at some time. There's my two cents.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The Sahara desert was at one time in history, a fertile area, full of diversified life.
Don't they teach ancient history anymore in school?

[edit on 6/8/2008 by cmongo4]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

The Sahara desert was at one time in history, a fertile area, full of diversified life.

This statement made me think of the show ' Are you smarter than a 5th grader'. Most of the contestants are not up to par with what is taught in school. Because they haven't been in school for years. Some have been teachers, but none have yet to win the grand prize.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I watched a show recently about this weird yellow glass from the desert, some guy noticed a piece of it in Tutenkahmen's collection, it was set in the center of a breast plate. Anyway, they thought it was one thing and he checked it out, turns out it is from a suspected meteor site in the desert, but no one has actually proven a meteor hit there, this glass stuff is scattered for like 200 miles. Anyway, while watching this show, as they travelled to the area of the glass to the heart of it, my perception of the desert they were crossing was that it looked like the bottom of the sea, and I was suprised when they showed a map of the location, it could easily have been part of the ocean floor at some time. There's my two cents.

If the Pyramid was was part of the ocean floor at sometime (possible).....the tombs would have to be water proof (as the bodys were preserved) aswell as the entrance (hence when you walk in the Pyramid the floors are covered with (new) wooden floors and it seems the entrance has a very unrealistic wooden door included. Good post, thank you for adding!

Could be how it survived........the flood that Egypt was talking about in the Book of the dead, and the bible among many others who described the ancient flood!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by cmongo4

This statement made me think of the show ' Are you smarter than a 5th grader'. Most of the contestants are not up to par with what is taught in school. Because they haven't been in school for years. Some have been teachers, but none have yet to win the grand prize.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by space cadet]

Not everyone who was in school mastered or even cared for history such as Egyptian ancient civilizations/others. Mostly "American" history they teach in school for the USA to the grades. *rolls eyes* @ 5th grader, a 5th grader isn't paying your bills or myn and never will.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Your question really isn't all that easy to answer. The "Egypians" come from a time and place. That place longer ago then Egyptian times was not a desert.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Your question really isn't all that easy to answer. The "Egypians" come from a time and place. That place longer ago then Egyptian times was not a desert.

Ok thank you. Im not sure if it was 10,000 BCE or older dated... But why DO we NOT know how Egyptian land became a desert in the first place? Do we know the impact of the actual climate changes? Or is it all theory?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Are you thinking what I've been thinking? I've been thinking for a while now, that the reason all of the pyramids were built around the world, is that the pyramids are Noahs ark or Arc's, the chevron. I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I don't have all of the info I want to provide for this. But I can give you a few. In the bible the word wood was subbed in because they didn't know what Gopher meant, so they named it to the closest thing they could. I believe it was a mistranslation and should of been Kepher, which means Stone and not wood, since they changed it to that. Also No-akh is how noah is spelled in hebrew and his name means "Rest". Almost all of the old names have akh (which seems Egyption to me) as part of the names. People don't know, nor do I the perfect translation, but I do know through study of the original words that I was very misled with the english versions of the bible. I started thinking, all of the hebrew and greek words are very complex, so why wouldn't i want a direct translation. I have a good resource for this [html]http://www.scripture4all.org[/html] Direct word for word with strongs lexicon and you can download for free a entire text. Paints a whole new picture. I'm not a religous nut, but i like history and the truth. It's like a puzzle.
Anyway, another one is the pyramids all have three levels in them. Ark had three levels. Also, many of the pyramids are very eroded. There are still pyramids underwater as your name implys. Also, people think that he was to bring aboard with him animals, but wrong translation. The word animal, means beastly or without restraint, not animal. Plus, all of noahs son's were different colors. Ham was black, shem was yellow and japeth was white. To me this ties the whole thing together as the different continents. The bible is grossly translated. This would also tie in the hidden knowledge of the Masons, since the chevron is right in their logo, as well as the pyramid tie in to our government. The eagle or scarab or cherub, is the dove sent forth who has the olive branches in its foot. It says in the bible that the children of seth must be put down. Also, the holy one was telling Noah and His sons, not just noah. Plus, what would be the best structure to withstand the pressure of water? A pyramid. It's the only reason they were built i believe.... oh and the dimensions. 300/50/30 300 length /50 breadth by the best, 30 RISE...meaning slope. God told them to put a window in the top, so I'll bet if they tried to pull the capstones off the tops, they would be surprised. Although i don't think it would be a good idea...bad feeling. Because when they exited they were told they could now eat flesh as long is it was dead...creepy. Maybe it's been that each time they crack a pyramid open, they let loose the spirits into the world kinda like the horsemen of the tupacalypse. But, think about it guys what else could they have been for except to SAVE them. It would tie the whole picture together of who we are as people, especially religions and then destroy the wall between us all, so that we see it's the veil cast over us and that we all come from the same One who told our ancestors to "take Cover". Yeah...The Self Begotton would smile. They were also told to set up stone markers after they got out of the ark. Hence all of the monolithic stone heads and obilisks and Stonehenge and totem poles, and all other no reason structures. Plus they went in order Ham was first (Meso-Egyption), Shem (Asia), And last Japeth (European) Ham saw Noahs nakedness after noah got drunk, and her cursed him as servant of servants...slaves (black). This would explain why Christians drew the ark to one another or the Fish...Dagon. If you have any questions, happy to answer, but as I said, I'm gathering the proof, I want to be strait. Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I keep getting more every minute like it's being input. Had some more ties for yau all. I wanted to tell you that the names in the bible are more like characteristics as we are many lives together and not as a single guys. Noakh was found faithful in all the Generations of him, meaning many lives. Another one Seths name means "put" as in put there, which could be also the land of Phut. I believe there is no space, but the firmament and that the sun and moon and stars are in the sky literally and is the reason those things were worshiped. There is a reason that the satelites have paths they must keep, I believe to not hit the sun or moon which we are lied to about. I don't believe they are weightless up there, but are floating in something we called aether. Tesla knew about these things and they shunned him and stole all his work. Nasa means in hebrew "to lift up" literally. Hollywood is the crown of thorns tied around our heads while we are on our way to the cross or the pass over. You see the bible is going in from the front and backwords from the rear to meet in the center.Just like the mayan stuff or the cycles in cycles or wheel within a wheel. Another one, Egypt translates, mtzrim-e, or mary. Joseph or yusif means "let him add" who's shortend name is usa the youngest nation who has two boys who war against one another (civil war) Ephraim (Double fruitfulness) in the north and were mountianeers. and Manassah rebels (Forgetful in the land of my trouble)in the south. Yisrael, which means=he will rule as God is all peoples whom have had the privilage of being head of the body. This is Which explains the rise of the different peoples to power to me.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

It's a known scientific fact that our globe, the planet, does change it's orientation. Every X-thousand of years the North and South poles change, and then the planet rolls into it's new orientation. The last one happened some 70,000 years ago, that science picks up, but there might have been lesser slips, and we are long over due for one today.

They, the scientists, have found remains of tropical plants under the southern pole.

Also, the climate changes over time as the cycle of the world runs. This too might have had a good part in turning the that area into desert.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

The head will strike the heal and the heal will strike the head. Ying and yang. Dual Serpents, Dual Headed eagle? Swastica? Poll flip?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
NASA may be the place to look . . . there are (infrared?) photos taken from satellite that show rivers and the like underneath the sands of the Sahara.

Desertification is a problem in the middle east and may be the reason for the green forests et al disappearing from the area.

I believe it was either the Discovery Channel or National Geographic that did a special on ancient and buried rivers in the area.

I thought the pole shift had to do with the magnetic poles shifting and not the earth proper.

Didn't the tropical lands under the ice end up that way due to the large meteor strike in the Yucatan Peninsula area and the earth did shift physically, but not a full 180 degrees?

One story I've seen about the yellow glass is that it possibly came from a nuclear explosion in ancient times.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hi UnderwaterPyramid,

Was Egypt always a desert?

Short answer, no. It is believed that from 8000 to 6000 BC it was rather green. From then to the beginnings of Egyptian Civilization it got progressively dryer.

Why isn't any camel gods part of Egypt if they were living in a sandy world, they had cat, bird, crodile and many other animal gods besides a camel.

Good question, might have something to do with the animals used to portray the gods having something to do with the waters of the Nile or farming. Did you notice that there are no donkey or horse gods either.

If the Pyramid was part of the ocean floor at sometime

Extremely doubtful, unless you are suggesting the pyramids were built when the Mokattam Formation they sit upon was laid, around 40 MILLION years ago.

cormac

top topics

<<   2 >>

join