It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Anomalies in Photos- A Cover Up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I received these photos from an undisclosed source. What I can tell you is this, I DID NOT download these photos off of any web site period. So you will not be able to find them (to my knowledge unless they were later posted on NASA's site).

I've begun meticulously scrutinizing these photos recently and will most likely post a few more as I examine them.

I could be totally mistaken and this could all be natural stuff. I am not dogmatic about this, my position is fairly neutral. But when I look at them I just kept scratching my head, well that and "the source" and the odd way I came about them. I'm hoping the photoshop experts step up with there opinions.

So you guys tell me is it me or is there something strange about these photos? Please list or circle with some paint shop tool what you think to be an anomoly and post if possible for you.
Here they are:

Image 009

Image 006

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't see jack....what am I missing?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here is another one .....
Also a good one to compare the "sky glow" of the earth against the first two.

image 10

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

You don't see the pics when you click on the link? The photos were to wide to post on ATS directly as an image, so I had to post them on the web and link them.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
All that is, is the after math of one of the astronauts hanging his butt out and doing his/her businees cause the damned toilet is busted.

If if it ain't that I don't know what the heck it is cause there's so much crap in orbit.

But, keep looking cause one day will get a good picture of something we can Identify.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I need more to go on, because I am no expert on the space shuttle but I went over the photos, both of them, and magnified them and so forth, and don't know exactly what you are alluding to?

I don't see any anomalies, but then I don't know where to look or if you're talking about anomalies on the shuttle, on the Earth, what?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Are you talking about the tiny object near the center of image 009 ?
that's not all I found strange in these pics. I hinted to it earlier I see some cartoon work in these photos , well in atleast one. And that's not all either... Can anyone see anything else odd?

edit to say image 009 not 006 sorry.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by firegoggles]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles
reply to post by bismarcksea

You don't see the pics when you click on the link? The photos were to wide to post on ATS directly as an image, so I had to post them on the web and link them.

Sorry, I should clarify: I see the pics....but I don't see what you are refering to as an anomaly. Everything looks as it should to my amature eye.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Can anyone see anything else odd?

Ok, I can see the fuzzy thing on the earths horizon in back-groung on 1st pic.

I can see pixelated can like object on the 2nd pic below space shuttle.

whats that?? I don't know.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
OK I'll go ahead and tell ya what I find odd since it isn't' really all that obvious.

1. OK we have the object in the center of pic 009 that has been mentioned.

2. everyone take a look at picture 6 upper middle.. see the black area? it's a different color like they used photoshop to sample the space too close to one of the solar cells and used that color to paint over that entire middle section. Now zoom that middle section that has a nearly "tan" look.
You can see huge pixels that were "painted" onto that area. What was underneath? Zoom in... weird..
3. In 006 look at the "sky-glow" see how fake it looks? Compare it to the other photos.
4. Look at the land mass in 006 as well right below the sky glow you can see a land mass that looks completely painted over or something I describe it as "cartoon-ish" or perhaps its just the angles and the limitation of resolution. But when we compare the other photos of similar angle even there is no similarity what so ever. All the other photos I have the land and cloud cover look real.
5. In photo 006 in the upper middle you find a pixel that has an "X" painted into it? Is this a signature?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Anyone truly trying to see what I'm seeing will without a doubt have to use photoshop or a similar program to zoom in to max and experiment with sharpening or whatever.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Compare the "sky glow" or the area just above the horizon of the earth in this pic to 006 previously uploaded.

Also we see some several orbs in the picture over the earth. As to what these may be I don't know. It could just be ice particles as they are always claiming who knows. Or maybe not...mainly upped this one for you to compare sky glow of the others against this one.

image 005

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
although i use photoshop and paint in making graphics, i don't feel like i have a "trained" eye for noticing cover ups, etc. however, i immediately (w/out even having to blow up the pics) spotted out exactly what the OP listed as "wrong" w/ the pics before even reading the replies..

as to the explanation, i am at a loss

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here's what I see in the pictures...

image009: There's some small, unfocused object right over the Earth's horizon pretty much directly straight down from the feet of the astronaut on the left. It's hard to tell what it might be though.

image006: Looking at the planet, the space shuttle splits it into two sections. The right section of the surface of Earth, and the horizon, both look modified. I don't know how else to describe it, and I'm not sure which filters in Photoshop would make it look that way. Cartoonish is probably a good adjective I suppose. Actually, now that I am looking at it again, both sections look odd, to say the least. There is another object that looks weird to me. If you look at the silvery cylinder-shaped object that is attached to the bay of the shuttle, and goes out of the picture to the upper-right, follow the left edge of that cylinder down. There is what appears to be an antenna that pokes out to the left. Look just below that, directly under the edge of the cylinder, and there is a white object. It looks like a small cylindrical shaped thing and, to my eyes, it looks totally out of place. Almost as if it was pasted into the picture. Who knows if it's even anything to be concerned with though. After looking at the other pictures, I am wondering if it's actually one of the lamp things that can be seen in image010.

image010: There's something on the horizon of Earth again. It looks sort of like the thing from image009. Also I have to say that the clouds and sky of Earth look beautiful in this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Hmm...I wonder what those brownish looking round blotches are in image005. They definitely don't look like something natural to me. I suppose they could be something from the camera though.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm glad I don't feel alone anymore

Really weird. I have to go get some food so I won't address anything specific until I return in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the comments and especially thanks to those call'n this stuff out as "weird".
I have mixed emotions and explanation. Still working on a few theorys in the back of my mind. More later...

Thanks all

p.s. Oh and I do have more pics to upload later on this evening.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by firegoggles]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hello, just thought I'd point out what I see.

010 and 009: It appears to me that the blurry thing you're seeing is lens flair off of the light to the upper left of it. I'm fairly certain it's either lens flair, or how the camera is trying to focus the bright spots. I'm surprised you didn't see the echo of what I would call the 'antennea' in the upper right corner of 010. That 'echo' is in the same angle and distance from the 'antennea', as the 'object' is from the light.

As for the other things you mentioned, I don't know. You could have something with those- I'm not seeing it though.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah, there is something funny about image # 006. The 'sky-glow' does not appear to be present and the 'ocean' and 'clouds' don't look normal either with the unusual pixilations. I am wondering if NASA has been presenting 'fake' photos of our planet as being 'spherical' in shape from 'outer space' (or upper atmosphere). For all we know, the earth could be 'FLAT' and all the space activities going 'up' there has been nothing more than creative productions at ground zero.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmm..at least one of those images seems familiar and while we are about it this situation does as well.

The source that cannot be revealed, yep I have definately been there.

There has been another thread somewhere that concludes that the fuzzy something on the horizon is a reflection of a light filament.

I will see if I can dig up the thread.

Oh well that didn't take long, previous thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit for link

[edit on 7-6-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If the photographs, as the OP states, didn't come strait from the NASA site, but through a third party, it's really a tad inaccurate to state that NASA is the one covering up whatever may or may not be covered up in the photos...since they could have been fiddled with from whoever sent them to you.

I hope Sherpa, that you can find out where you might have seen some information about these photos.

It's pretty hard to see where we are going to figure out anything about them, even if the great photo analyzers from this site were to study them in a photo program since, we don't know where they came from, isn't it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join