It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Slow movement' wants you to ease up, chill out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In a past life I had the misfortune of selling Fiats for a large dealership group. Now don’t get me wrong, I fecking hated it in every way imaginable, but I could do it very well. My opponents (colleagues) were a combination of idiots equally balanced between posers, nutters and the terminally stupid. It was so bad I applied for a job scraping the scum from Royal Fleet Auxiliary fuel tanks in Falmouth and then did one with two fingers up at them.

I have spent since 2002 trying to avoid stress. I must have a strange idea of stress though because I’ve spent three years looking after my dad before he died, I’ve worked and earned a Divisional Coin for sending 1st Id to Iraq and I now have a 57ft boat for sale that I built.

The theme of my life though is I feckin hate office work and would prostrate Swiss Tony’s cold body on the bonnet of my car. So I build boats for use on British Canals because it’s all so slow and lovely.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
In light of the OP's subject matter...

Studies show that people who sleep between 6.5 hours and 7.5 hours a night, as they report, live the longest. And people who sleep 8 hours or more, or less than 6.5 hours, they don't live quite as long. There is just as much risk associated with sleeping too long as with sleeping too short. The big surprise is that long sleep seems to start at 8 hours. Sleeping 8.5 hours might really be a little worse than sleeping five.

Here is the link to the rest of the article:

news.yahoo.com...

SIGH!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join