It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

american citizen selling blood for Gasoline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
american citizen selling blood for Gasoline.

newsbusters.org...

there are more and more reporting that american citizen are selling blood for Gasoline.

i'm wondering if the us government is truly defending american's benefit not just those big companies. why would they let the tension continue in middle east???

or the normal american citizen can just be fool around? and those big companies and interest group who have always controled the government is the us government really care about??

[edit on 5-6-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
amazing, and americans call themselves a first world country , instead they should call themselves third world country with a first world military

USA , a state for military , by the military..........

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Nations aren't third world, only people.

There are many ways to supplement one's income and very many people do so in a variety of ways, including having a second job, engaging in illegal enterprises, or having a hobby that yields income, among others.

The gasoline crunch has put people in a position that they do need to supplement their income, but they don't need to or don't want to take a second job, they are honest people who wouldn't think of breaking the law to obtain supplemental funds, and they don't have any hobbies that could be commercialized on a small scale.

Selling blood or plasma for extra bucks is not anything new and it has been popular among college students and others whose income is limited.

The fact is that you can give plasma pretty frequently, the pay is surprisingly high and there are bonus payments for frequent givers and the time and effort are minimal.

The upside of all this is that people can make enough in one transaction to put about 10 gallons of gas in their cars at the current average price for regular gas and it is relatively painless and quick and the practice benefits those who need blood and blood byproducts.

At any rate, this situation is insufficient to call the US a third world country. Even during the Great Depression the US wasn't a third world country.

Conversely, even when the economy is booming, there are pockets of the nation that are definitely third world, but that is only because the people who inhabit those areas are third world in their attitudes.

At least the people who sell blood or plasma are taking the initiative to overcome their own problems while assisting those in need.

Considering that there are times when blood and plasma supplies lag behind the demand, this is one sunny patch in an otherwise cloudy situation.

[edit on 2008/6/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ppft im sure this story is BS... the Americans should stop complaining because Americas petrol prices are cheap compared to the rest of the developed world.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by purplemonkey]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The story is real.

They did a report of the practice here locally in Albuquerque.

Like I said before. It's no big deal.

People often donate blood, but when the eoconmy is tight, more people are likely to sell plasma or blood.

When gas prices are as high, especially now, sitting and lying around in a plasma center for a couple of hours for $40+ is a pretty good proposition.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Man...talk about blood for oil!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This one is no funny as my own son wanted to donate plasma to get extra cash, I told him that donating blood is a volunteer choice and it should be for a chartable cause.

Thank God I got him off the idea as many of his friends are doing just that, donating blood monthly for money.

Has somebody checked the pawn shops in their areas? you can find almost anything this days.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

well, from what i've heard and what i've known.

selling blood for extra bucks is not a "very normal" thing. people usually don't do that unless they are desperated.

i know there used to be some hippies selling blood for money so they can buy drugs. it's sad to heard normal american citizen selling blood for gasoline. and their goverment seem don't care about them at all.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A lot of people i met in Arizona were doing this years ago!

Its how they supplemnt their income. I never did it, but there are lots of

people out there who will do it. Its sad but if they have to feed their kids,

what can they do?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Go to any military post and you'll find lots of soldiers giving blood as often as they can for the cash. I can remember my husband doing it once a week. We had to do it to make ends meet. It was fairly common.
That was 15 yrs ago, and I'm sure it's still going on today.

top topics

join