It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many clinton supporters ..are going to vote for mcain now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
as the post says.
How many democratic Clinton supporters..
are now going to vote republican...and back mcain?

and give a reason you are or not...
thanks ps.
.im going to vote mcain...now that Hillary is out...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hillary supporters have one more choice than you offered. They can simply stay home.

Get ready for President Juan McCain in 2008. Hopefully McCain picks a real conservative for VP so we Republicans can have someone to look forward to in 2012. But knowing McCain, I wouldn't count on it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I can't see how the two logicaly relate? Clinton and McCain don't have the same political ideology. Did you get your feelings hurt or something and so you are going to punish Obama or the Democratic party?
If in fact Clinton and McCain's political platforms sound the same to you...well, then no wonder she lost.
I suppose if you weren't a Democrat in the first place than you simply are returning to the fold, but it would also seem to indicate that you were voting for Clinton simply because she was a woman.
Honestly, I do not understand the logic but this is a great question to reveal people's political I.Q.'s. through their answers.
Maybe you are one of those paid political trolls that are trying to recruit some bitter "white working class" Clinton supporters to support McCain.
I guess we will find out.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I really never understood the concept of "my candidate didn't win the nomination so I am going to vote for the exact opposite just for spite".

How does this make any kind of sense? If I want pepperoni pizza but the store is out of it, and my choices are sausage pizza or a crap filled hoagie with extra anchovies, I will pick a sausage pizza since it's CLOSER to what I originally wanted to eat.

I swear the childishness of saying "Hilary didn't win so I'm voting for McCain" is just insane and that's what fracturing the democratic party! A lot of democrats are some big babies!

Before you go hating on me, I am a Democrat, that's why I said "a lot" not all.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
it is truly an amusing question!

there will be very very few who switch to mccain. some will say it for a cupple of weeks until they get over their jaded feelings. in reality there is really so little in common that the change would make no sense.

many people on mccain's side will try to spin it and make us fear hillary's cohort going to mccain but you would have to be pretty dense to believe it.

prconservative, dare to dream mate! mccain stands no chance. not only is there already a long list of contradictions he has made just up until this point in the race that once things get heated he will be spinning so fast those who support him will be getting dizzy to the point of vomiting! then his temper will rear its ugly head at the wrong time and BAM

bye bye bye, bye bye mccain

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
now there's a chance mrs clinton might get the vice presidential slot. so clinton supporters will vote Mccain/Clinton on the ballot to follow your logic?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Neil Cavuto just had on a woman who was starting a national movement of Hillary Clinton Supporters for McCain. She kicked it off today.

Cavuto asked why the woman wasn't supporting Obama. She said he was too dangerous and that McCain was closer to Hillary's values then Obama.

Cavuto asked if they'd support Obama if Hillary was VP. She said 'no way'.

They hate Obama.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I could see these and others switching to a powerful independent. But, with HC about 20 million in debt in the democractic party, is that even possible at this point that she could be a democratic independent?

Maybe she would have to wait for 4 or 8 years.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i love how omaba...cultist get so offended..lmfao

fact is not everyone see's eye to eye.

alot not just me assume the only reason a black man is even running to start with is because....
a woman decided to run for the first time.

basically.... black Americans had the right to vote before a women.....so lets make this election spicy.....democrat's threw Hillary to the so called wild hound's.

2nd i look around the internet alot for information.
i never knew senator obama ..until i saw obama girl video on youtube...surprisingly it even got media attention..
so basically his campaign is forever linked to a half naked girl with big jug's..
just so we would remember his name..

3rd all the obama cultist..make me sick...anyone that can..condone.. GD AMERICA...white people's government started aid's....for month's..
before he finally quit his church....saying i didn't know lol..
then a few times he says ....i agree with what most of rev wright say's...
lol
so go figure....
to much rasicm...pure cold hearted attacks on other candidate's ...than has ever been in a election in a long time.
has made me so sick...of this bullcrap id rather vote for the so called opposite...heck at least mcain did fight in a war for us....
not sit in a race filled church...for YEARS...

sorry obama cultist flame away flame away...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Donated twice to Senator Clinton. No way will I vote for Obama since he ignored the correspondence my wife and I sent to him as our U.S. Senator. We will vote for McCain.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am a Clinton supporter who will vote McCain now.

Originally posted by beforetime
as the post says.
How many democratic Clinton supporters..
are now going to vote republican...and back mcain?

and give a reason you are or not...
thanks ps.
.im going to vote mcain...now that Hillary is out...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It not much of a stretch for Hillary supporters to jump to McCain. They are very close politically.

Look at all these entries on Hillary's blog. There are alot of angry Hillary supporters there.

blog.hillaryclinton.com...

If just 20% Of Hillary supporters switch to McCain or stay home, Hussein Obama is in big trouble.

And don't think for one second that Hillary won't enjoy saying "I told you so" when Hussein Obama loses. I can just hear the humongous cackle now!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm a Clinton supporter who will now vote for McCain.

I started a similar thread but have abandoned it as Obama supporters took over. I am not sure why they posted anyway. Probably to shut me up lol.

I personally don't think Obama is experienced enough. And, I just don't like him. I don't have to have a reason. And if Obama supporters come here and start pressuring Clinton supporters who are turning to McCain as to why we would vote this way, I am not going to feed into them.

It's a shame that those of us who support Clinton and will now vote McCain can't speak our personal views here together without being constantly questioned about our choices.

reply to post by beforetime

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I doubt that too many of Clinton's people will jump ship in the face of drowning in 4 more years of repugnican leader(less)ship. It IS kinda odd that Clinton would attract so many vindictive and childish supporters. I don't think she's responsible for that. But that bitter and self-destructive attitude won't get anyone anywhere. I wonder if it had gone the other way, if Obama's supporters would have reacted so ungraciously? I guess we'll never know.

r

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It not much of a stretch for Hillary supporters to jump to McCain. They are very close politically.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by RRconservative]

I think that is the one fact that Obama supporters don't seem to understand. Many of Hillary's supporters are moderate-to-conservative blue collar Dems. I think at least some of them identify Hillary's politics with Bill's. Bill Clinton governed as a moderate and I think that's what they expected of Hillary. They do not immediately identify with many of Obama's policies. Ideologically, they're caught somewhere between Obama and McCain and that fact makes it much easier for the ones that lean a little further right to fall in line with McCain instead.

But lets all realize one thing: no candidate ever completely locks up their party. Bush won 11% of the Democratic vote in both 2000 and 2004 according to CNN's exit polling data. It is hardly a stretch to think that McCain could push this several points higher given the contentious nature of the Dem primaries and the hard feelings it created. So instead of garnering around 10% of the Dem vote his year, I would not be surprised if McCain pushes it up into the 16-18% range.

top topics

join