It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan for Group Tied to Nation of Islam to Patrol Miami Streets Meets With Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Plan for Group Tied to Nation of Islam to Patrol Miami Streets Meets With Protest

www.foxnews.com

MIAMI — Controversy is growing in Miami over the city's decision to launch a nearly $1 million crime-fighting initiative that will include street patrols by a group with close ties to the Nation of Islam.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, I don't like it. I don't know what else to say about it.
For some reason it is ok for a government to sponsor an islamic group but God forbid if the government would sponsor a Christian group. People would be screaming about the false assumption of the seperation of church and state.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
For some reason it is ok for a government to sponsor an islamic group but God forbid if the government would sponsor a Christian group. People would be screaming about the false assumption of the seperation of church and state.

Wrong, try again. Our government has taken some dangerous steps in the religious direction. If Dear Leader hadn't started tearing down the walls between religion and government, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to help the Federal Government coordinate a national effort to expand opportunities for faith-based and other community organizations and to strengthen their capacity to better meet America's social and community needs, it is hereby ordered as follows:

www.whitehouse.gov...

I guess it's called "reaping what you sow." Oh well, maybe some good, white, christian heads have to get smashed in before policies are rethought. Nothing like a bleeding white man to get things changed.

Anyway, for tons of examples of how faith-based initiatives are creeping into our country, go here...

www.theocracywatch.org...

As much as I think the Nation of Islam is indeed dangerous, this is a good thing. It's a wake up call so all of the fundies can now join the rest of us in trying to eliminate religion from our government.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
As much as I think the Nation of Islam is indeed dangerous, this is a good thing. It's a wake up call so all of the fundies can now join the rest of us in trying to eliminate religion from our government.

So basically you are against government sponsored religious programs but you want the islam program. You want to get rid of these programs by promoting this particular one. That it just not a well thought out plan of action. Either you are for such programs or against. There is no between.

Personally, I don't have a problem with these religious programs. They do a lot of good and the Constitution does not prevent it like some say by quoting the false assumption of the seperation of church and state. This phrase is NOT anywhere in the Constitution. The Constitution only states that government cannot promote one particular religion and NOT that religion should not be part of the government.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The Nation of Islam is about as religious as the Ku Klux Klan. My two cents worth. Had to add another line to avoid mods.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
With the level of tension between blacks and hispanics in LA and other parts of California, what do you thinks going to happen when the Nation of Islam is "patrolling" highly populated hispanic neighborhoods?

Sounds like throwing gasoline on a fire.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I'll clarify now, before everyone starts screaming "Jihad!":
The religion of the Nation of Islam is an "extremist offshoot" to the religion of Islam.

One of the main tenets of the Nation is that whites are a race "manufactured" from the 'original black race', and are little more than "white devils" and "grafted snakes" who 'rule the brown races through tricks and lies'.

Nation of Islam

These - and other teachings of the Nation - are heretical to orthodox Islam.

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
The Nation of Islam is about as religious as the Ku Klux Klan. My two cents worth. Had to add another line to avoid mods.

Nation of Islam is a racist religion, while the Klu Klux Klan is a racist society - not that either are mutually exclusive, but while one paints itself as a religion, the other is merely a society.

Originally posted by cdoug1
With the level of tension between blacks and hispanics in LA and other parts of California, what do you thinks going to happen when the Nation of Islam is "patrolling" highly populated hispanic neighborhoods?

I predict violence, and another inevitable step towards Civil War 2, as per Thomas Chittum's book of the same name.

Then again - as per the KKK remark - I wonder when they will start using the KKK, or other white racial organisations - or organisations with "close links" to the aforementioned - to "fight crime in European-American majority neighbourhoods"?

new topics

top topics

join