It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies exposed to chlorinated water at risk of serious health problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Babies exposed to chlorinated water at risk of serious health problems

www.telegraph.co.uk

Exposure to high levels of THMs substantially increased the risk of holes in the heart, cleft palate and anencephalus, which results in the absence of a major portion of the brain, skull, and scalp.

Where exposure to THMs was above 20 millionths of a gram per litre, there was an increased risk of 50 to 100 per cent of these conditions compared with levels below 5 millionths of a gram per litre.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wow, first the the study showing that flouridated water causes thyroid problems. Now all of this.....

Scary

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: spelling error

[edit on 3-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Very good post... You need to get a vitamin c Media filter to remove Chlorine..
And only use distilled water to give to the baby and yourself.. I am so sick of being drugged without my consent...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I've heard you cannot survive on distilled water, no minerals, etc. Our water has been treated with chlorine since before I was born. I'm pretty sure it's safe. I find this a little difficult to swallow.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize
I've heard you cannot survive on distilled water, no minerals, etc. Our water has been treated with chlorine since before I was born. I'm pretty sure it's safe. I find this a little difficult to swallow.

Many people are fine with it....like you. However, when I see government studies on how polluted our water is with flouride and Chlorine and them admitting there is a risk. It becomes a great concern of mine.

Yes you are right there is no health benefit in drinking distilled water. You do not have to drink distilled water. Many filters will help in remove contaminates from water.

"Chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times. While it prevented epidemics of one disease, it was creating another. Two decades ago, after the start of chlorinating our drinking water in 1904, the epidemic of heart trouble, cancer and senility began."
SAGINAW HOSPITAL
J.M. Price, MD

Here a medical doctor is linking it to Heart problems and Cancer.

"Taking long hot showers is a health risk, according to research presented last week in Anaheim, California, at a meeting of the American Chemical Society. Showers – and to a lesser extent baths – lead to a greater exposure to toxic chemicals contain din water supplies than does drinking the water. The chemicals evaporate out of the water and are inhaled. They can also spread through the house and be inhaled by others. House holders can receive 6 to 100 times more of the chemical by breathing the air around showers and bath than they would by drinking the water."
NEW SCIENTIST, 18 September 1996
Ian Anderson

Very scary, just because the MSM doesn't report on it....everyone thinks they are safe. You know the media will tell you if something is wrong with your food or water

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by logicize

FYI the minerals in your water are not absorbed by the body.. hence its useless.... the only positive side to tap water and spring water is that its a bit more on the alkaline side.. other then that the negatives far outweigh the positives.. if you want minerals eat fruits and vegetables thats what there for..

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
our water supply is screwed between the fluride, chlorine, and the large amount of variying chemicles that have been proven to be in tap water its no wonder that while medicle science has advanced in leaps and bounds we are dying more ofton from diseases that used to be relativly rare. look in to the amount of cancer cases a year in the 40's or 50's compared to now, its alarming to say the least.

edited: grrrr typos

[edit on 6/12/2008 by krill]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize

No pun intended eh? :-)

Actually, to your point, you will notice that right next to this article is a piece that says "Chlorination has been a major public health success"

Yep, thats right folks, you can't get anything good without a little bit of bad. The question is "how frequently does this occur?" My mother swam with me in utero , and she drank chlorinated water. I'm fine.

The chlorinated water has remove a *ton* of evil things from our drinking water. Sure you are going to get some disadvantages, and it's good to know where they are so that women who are pregnant can take the right precautions, but over all its a good thing for our population.

What *DOES* concern me though is how we have all of these non-intended drugs in our water system.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
reply to post by logicize

FYI the minerals in your water are not absorbed by the body.. hence its useless.... the only positive side to tap water and spring water is that its a bit more on the alkaline side.. other then that the negatives far outweigh the positives.. if you want minerals eat fruits and vegetables thats what there for..

Thats what they are there for? You act as if the fruits were put there on purpose!

Maybe it's a "more easy way to get at" the minerals, but fruit wasn't "PUT HERE" for any purpose other than to procreate.

new topics

top topics

join