It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton set to concede delegate race to Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
She's not quitting and she isn't the one playing dirty. Obama's camp is trying to force her to concede today before the release of a tape the GOP supposedly have featuring Michelle Obama calling white folks 'whitey' and blaming all the country's problems on them. They are the one's controlling this situation. The DNC should find out if this tape actually exists once and for all and adjust according. If they have seen this tape and its as inflammatory as is being reported, and then they choose Obama as the nominee anyway they are bigger fools than I think they are.

Most of us Hillary supporters are voting McCain if Obama is the nominee, so they can continue to shove him down our throats, watch as he's destroyed and then loses in November, or the DNC can wake up, run Hillary, and have an actual contest.

This should be interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
McCain is going to win? are you kidding? 3 congressional seats (in special elections) in the south, that have been republican strongholds for many years, have all went to the democratic opponent. people are sick of what the republican party has done to this country. it makes bill clintons impeachment of lying about a B.J. look quaint and petty. the republicans will have to falsify alot more of the electronic voting machines this time, in comparision to 04', for McCain to win.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by jimmyx]

[edit on 3-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Hi Seeker Mom, It is very possible that the Republicans are holding out a lot of surprises for the Obama camp if he is nominated. I believe the Obama resignation or quiting of his church he attended in Chicago was a set up deal to make it easy for Obama to disassociate himself away from the church and Reverend Wright. In other words it is possible that the Catholic minister or priest that gave the sermon recently that said these things to ridicule and demean Hillary would make it easy for Obama to cut ties with the church and make the church issue and problem more easily go away.
Rik Riley

[edit on 3-6-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Just look at the poll numbers. McCain is running competitively in national polls against either Hillary or Obama, particularly against the latter. The numbers may even be a little more in McCain's favor when you go state-by-state, which is where it counts. Its hardly a stretch to believe that McCain will beat Obama, in particular, this November when the race is within most polls' margin of error. I'd still consider Obama the favorite to win in November, but its hard to argue that he's anything more than a slight favorite.

Additionally, let me state that John McCain is probably the ONLY Republican that could win the White House this year. The Dems know this, too. Why do you think there has been such a concerted effort to label him as Bush Jr or Bush's 3rd term? Its because they know that there's a huge public perception that John McCain is actually a political maverick and you know what? The Dems can blame themselves for it, because they've helped perpetuate that belief in the past in times when he actually has differed with the administration.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Clinton is simply Perot for 2008. Someone who will lead voters and split a party, then when the time comes there is not enough support for who is left to vote for. If people think she is leaving, they are mistaken though. There is a strategy here.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think Hillary will probably take this to the convention. She won't quit until the last superdelegate votes. The Clintons still have a lot of supporters in the Democratic party. She's a fighter, and may very well have the best chance of beating McCain in November.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I think Hillary will probably take this to the convention.

I hope so. If a dem is going to be nominated I hope to goodness it's her.
She is too qualified to walk behind Obama as VP.

(I can't stand the woman, but I am able to see that much!)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nah! I don't think Hillary Clinton should concede the delegate race to Obama Barack just yet. There may be some truth to that 'whitey tape' from another ATS thread I'm currently reading. I'd wait and see what happens. It's much too fun watching the Democrats make fools of themselves. So there is no need for Hillary to stop now until the very end! That would be too easy a cope out.

[edit on 2008-6-03 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
McCain/Clinton 2008

A unity ticket that is sure to win!

In all seriousness, what is likely to happen is this. Obama assumes nomination within a few days, Hillary backs down, and the Republicans start their attacks. Superdelegates can vote no confidence or switch their allegiance before August 25 at the DNC, if Obama gets ripped REALLY badly, they could nominate Clinton.

[edit on 2008/6/3 by SteveR]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join