It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton set to concede delegate race to Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Clinton set to concede delegate race to Obama

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials said, effectively ending her bid to be the nation's first female president.

Obama is 40 delegates shy of clinching the nomination, but he is widely expected to make up the difference Tuesday with superdelegate support and votes in South Dakota and Montana. Once he reaches the magic number of 2,118, Clinton will acknowledge that he has secured the necessary delegates to be the nominee.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its about time. I want to see how McCain versus Obama goes. Hillary made a good fight, but in the end Obama was better.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, maybe. She said also said that she is not officially suspending the campaign. She is merely specifically conceding the delegate fight.

The former first lady will stop short of formally suspending or ending her race in her speech in New York City.

Remember, these are the same people who brought you a debate over what the definition of 'is' is.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Funnily enough, here is a story on CNN that is the opposite.

CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman rejected a report that she will acknowledge that her rival, Sen. Barack Obama, will have enough delegates to capture the Democratic presidential nomination on Tuesday night.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Clinton campaign says she not conceding
not giving up

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just wait and see..this is going to be just like the Democratic convention in '68. I believe Shrillary is going to pull something at the convention, She's stopping the money bleed by conceeding the campaign but is not going to give up till the convention. She knows that this is her one and only chance. If Clinton and the machine pull off the shady deal I think she will...theres going to be riots in the streets again. Its not going to be pretty..

Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When Hillary officially throws in the towel, the real mudslinging will begin. Obama's free pass on answering tough questions will be over. The Republicans are going to rip him a new butthole, and drag every skeleton in his closet out. Then you'll hear about his wife, his brother, his uncle, his criminal associations, etc..

The Democratic party will have then effectively handed the Presidency over to McCain with a big red, white, and blue ribbon tied on top..

[edit on 6/3/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Are they meddling in prophecy again?

revelation13.net...

perhaps it does not matter at all. The fourth of July?

www.linkydinky.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Just wait and see..this is going to be just like the Democratic convention in '68. I believe Shrillary is going to pull something at the convention, She's stopping the money bleed by conceeding the campaign but is not going to give up till the convention. She knows that this is her one and only chance. If Clinton and the machine pull off the shady deal I think she will...theres going to be riots in the streets again. Its not going to be pretty..

Zindo

Hi Zindo, I believe you are right about Billary pulling something out of the hat at the convention in Denver. We have not seen anything yet of the dirty laundry the Clinton's have been holding back for the convention. They do not call Bill Clinton, Slick Willy for nothing not to mention what Hillary can do as a woman scorned. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
While she should conceed and save some face, I feel she will pull something dirty out of her pocket at the convention. We will see!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Her campaign is now completely denying this story:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Honestly, this sounds like an attempt by the Obama camp to demoralize her supporters in South Dakota and Montana. If the popular vote in those states breaks in accordance to the latest polling, she could easily have an undisputable popular vote lead, giving her a much more legitimate argument as to why she should be the nominee and not Obama.

Dirty politics. What fun!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well I'm a bit disappointed it will end rather abruptly. I was just getting the popcorn ready...Anyway, this means nothing, McCain will still take the presidency easily.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've been watching this all morning. Her handlers are saying that is not true. She is not conceeding today. That was an AP Report that is apparently wrong. As a side note Obama has gained five delegates since I started watching this morning.

Sounds like someone at AP has real egg on their face.
Perhaps looking for a new job?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I doubt she'll concede tonight.

Betchya' (and I can't prove this) that this whole 'Hillary Concedes' story is nothing more than disinformation put out by the Obama camp on primary day - a day when he will most likely NOT WIN the last two primaries.

It could easily be a tactic to get Hillary voter turnout DOWN in the last two primaries.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Honestly, this sounds like an attempt by the Obama camp to demoralize her supporters in South Dakota and Montana.

EXACTLY!!

Dirty politics - Karl Rove would be very proud!

[edit on 6/3/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
McCain/Clinton 2008

Barack has nor the foriegn relations skills nor the capacity to stand up for anything. If a man, who is so religous would turn his back on his pastor, who married he and his wife, what does that show as a leader? That he cannot take responsibility and weather a conflict.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Please change your thread title, its false and misleading.

She has not conceded at all, speculation says she 'MIGHT' but there is no proof yet, nor has Clinton uttered such words.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
McCain/Clinton 2008

That would make a very interesting ticket, and one sure to win the election.

However, I don't think McCain has the deathwish it would require to have Hillary behind him on the ticket. She would make her move early IMO to make sure she got as much of the term for herself as possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Its not the original poster's fault. The AP put out an incorrect story saying that she would concede the delegate lead. I'm pretty sure that they've changed the headline since it was originally posted.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm not sure that ticket actually IS a winner. Although realistically, it'll never happen, hypothetically speaking, it would destroy what has been an uneasy truce regarding McCain within the GOP in the last few months. If he added Hillary, they might even vote for Obama in disgust.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join