It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous ATS is a no-show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
When I click on My ATS, often the "last post" column shows Anonymous ATS. Yet when I visit that thread, Anonymous ATS is nowhere to be found.

Most recent thread instance of this occurring:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

What's up with that? It happens quite often.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
J,

The posts are vetted by the staff before they can be seen. As long as they are on topic and meet the T&C of the site we give them the okay which makes them visable for all to see. Sometimes it takes us a bit to get to them .

Hope that helps
Fred

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the anonymous posts have to be reviewed by a mod before there posted into the thread, I noticed this to on my ATS, sometimes its only a short time before the post is put on the thread other times it can take hours.

All depends on when the mods get a chace to look at them.

Hope this helps

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Damn!

Mod Fred beat member Fred by 2 mins!

You win this one Fred

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thanks, Fred! (Both of you).

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It seems that the problem is that, as soon as an Anonymous ATS reply is made, the thread's 'modification time' is updated, and it moves at the top of the recent threads list. This happens before the moderators decide whether or not to allow the post, and is confusing. If an Anonymous posting is not approved, the thread is still bumped, it appears!

While I understand that the all posts should eventually be placed in the thread in the order posted (Anonymous or not), and that requires some sequencing in whatever database backend ATS uses, the overall thread modification date/time should not be updated, if the last post is Anonymous, until the post is approved by a moderator.

At least that how I would expect it to behave.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
These topics are already being discussed in this thread:

Anonymous Posting

Please see explanations there or add to the ongoing discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join