It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics left out of conference on religious tolerance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Im sure Vaticant 2 still beleives they are " The " religion, they just cant make a case of it though.
Deep

That position would be too un-PC.
So, with Vat II, the Church ONCE AGAIN morphs itself to appeal to society. Like they have done since the religion was formed.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And, what PROOF do we have of this? Saying it's in the gospels doesn't count. We don't know when or who wrote the gospels. I somehow don't think Matthew, Mark, Luke or John were literate enough to pen these tomes.

You just need to read up some more on where the Bible actually comes from. Alot of research and carbon dating have gone into the books (parchments) of the Bible. Sure, when it comes right down to the line it is a matter of faith. But when something is written (fact) in the 1st century and the author proclaims (fact) himself to be Simon diciple of Jesus most of us tend to believe him.

The following site tells alot about the authenticity Peter writing the bible. Gives alot of pro's and con's.

www.newadvent.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ade1965x
But when something is written (fact) in the 1st century and the author proclaims (fact) himself to be Simon diciple of Jesus most of us tend to believe him.

The following site tells alot about the authenticity Peter writing the bible. Gives alot of pro's and con's.

www.newadvent.org...

How is his proclaiming a FACT????
We have no proof other than faith that Simon says he wrote it. And, what Bible did Simon write anyway. Would this be the Simon, the poor fisherman who most likely could neither read nor write?? I am confused. It could just as easily be someone else entirely.

As far as the authenticity of what you are saying, one can hardly think the Church would be fair and impartial when speaking about themselves.
That would be like going to that sight to find out the whole truth about the Crusades.
I think the full truth lies elsewhere.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Like I said prior....yes, it is a matter of faith. I'm sure in 5,000 years people will be wondering if what we have written down is myth or fact.

One good example, not to get off the subject here, is how "History" has decided to call the Vietnam War the "Vietnam Conflict" in text books. When we who remember this WAR are gone all we are left with is the written word. Sad but true.

I have no proof....I just choose to believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ade1965x
One good example, not to get off the subject here, is how "History" has decided to call the Vietnam War the "Vietnam Conflict" in text books. When we who remember this WAR are gone all we are left with is the written word. Sad but true.

And, I think your analogy to the Vietnam war name change is a valid point for any history, incl the bible.
It smacks of rewriting history. Which is done all the time.
If the bible was written 100AD, and translated, every time it was translated and edited allows for more and more rewriting!!
There's no tellingwhat the original words or intention. You would need the original text, and a scholar in ancient language.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It sounds self evident that the Catholics would be left out a meeting on Tolerance. What religious organizations monks went around all the county side enforcing compliance along with collecting artifacts written or otherwise and killing dragons as they went?

...darn spell check

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by FieryIce1]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join