It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics left out of conference on religious tolerance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio this morning.

www.npr.org...
"A meeting to promote religious tolerance in the former Soviet Republics gets off to a bad start. Jews, Buddhists, Orthodox Christians and Muslims are there, but Catholics are barred -- some see them as trying to poach converts."

It made me wonder why they would make more problems for themselves in these times when they are the focus of such widespread criticism.

Thoughts?

Peace,
BG

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What a joke.....A meeting on religous Tolerance and they leave catholics out.....I see they are off to getting an early start to, practicing what they are preaching at the convention.
Absolute horse# I tell ya.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Before Vatican II (1963 or so) the Catholic Church thought they were THE religion. So maybe it's payback time?

Seriously, if they weren't the only religion barred, I'm not sure it's a big deal.
Although, how can you preach tolerance, if you ban some religions? Actually, that sounds like the real world: Claiming equality but not practicing it.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
HahaahaHahahahaha.................HA!!!!!
I guess they didn't want to invite child molesters. Or they didn't ant catholics because, well, they are scary man, no one has better intelligance than the Vatican, a country, with Ambassodors(sp?) and embassys, politicians, all that. And like US, Russia, they have an intelligant agency. CIA and KGB are good, but well, when they were at there top spot they couldn't touch the Vatican. Also, the Vatican has more money than they do, and well, some people are greedy, and would do as they were told if paid enough, so maybe trying to keep corruption out by banning the Vatican. Or as said, might have brought little kids along and wanted to keep them safe.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Serves them right. Religious tolerence not incompetence.
Im sure Vaticant 2 still beleives they are " The " religion, they just cant make a case of it though.

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To bar the Catholics from attending is like banning the Russians from the Olympics. You can't get a true idea of people's thoughts and feelings if such a large group of them are excluded.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't think a lot of catholics have religious tolerance at least not the ones I've met. It's my way or the highway is the what i hear the most.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Catholosism is the only religion started by Jesus Christ himself. To leave them out is absurd in the most extreme way.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ade1965x
Catholosism is the only religion started by Jesus Christ himself. To leave them out is absurd in the most extreme way.

omg and can you prve this?!?!? no It was started by the "holy" roman empire.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now that is hysterically ironic!

I am just envisioning children getting picked for kickball and the last kid getting all upset because no one really wants him there.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Are we forgeting Coptics and Arians?

Deep

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
you are right zerodeep

the catholic church came into existance some 300 odd years after christ.

Before that 300 years the christian orthodox church was the original christianity

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Im happy they were not invited. Corruption and deception is the only faith the vaticant preaches.
For Gods sake, the human population is on a boom. Earth unable to sustain us, and the Vaticant would have us deny birth control drugs.

Deep

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Some times ago, there has been an anti-racist meeting ( in South-Africa or in Brazil, not sure wich country it was ) and the whites haven't been allowed to go.

The so-called excuse has been that whites peoples are racist. ( If you read under the lines : " non-whites " peoples are not racist, ONLY whites are ).

So I'm not surprised to read that Catholics can't join this meeting.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eireann
To bar the Catholics from attending is like banning the Russians from the Olympics. You can't get a true idea of people's thoughts and feelings if such a large group of them are excluded.

But it sure does make competition a lot easier without butch Siberian women.

USA! USA!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

"A meeting to promote religious tolerance in the former Soviet Republics gets off to a bad start. Jews, Buddhists, Orthodox Christians and Muslims are there, but Catholics are barred -- some see them as trying to poach converts."

UltraPheonix,

That is pretty pathetic. I know many racists that are non-white. Extreme Racists mind you.

This conference does allow other christian sub-doctrines in. Roman Catholocism seems to have enough pubilicity as it is.

Deep

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Im happy they were not invited. Corruption and deception is the only faith the vaticant preaches.
For Gods sake, the human population is on a boom. Earth unable to sustain us, and the Vaticant would have us deny birth control drugs.

Deep

Keep in mind that one of reasons deny birth control is for people to keep it in their pants until they are married. That's all we need is more teenage mothers on Maury going through another 8 men trying to find their babies daddy. If you can't handle the possible responsibility, don't do it.
Abortion should not be a form of birth/population control.

I'm not surprised that Catholics were not invited.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Or they didn't ant catholics because, well, they are scary man, no one has better intelligance than the Vatican, a country, with Ambassodors(sp?) and embassys, politicians, all that. And like US, Russia, they have an intelligant agency. CIA and KGB are good, but well, when they were at there top spot they couldn't touch the Vatican. Also, the Vatican has more money ...

Gee, you just described a group that could be controlling things, no? The vatican probably didn't really care if it was invited or not. They're calling the shots as it is. Aren't they the biggest single land-holder in the world?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

omg and can you prve this?!?!? no It was started by the "holy" roman empire.

Jesus told Peter he was the "Rock" on which his church would be built. Saint Peter is the very first Pope. What Peter and the other disiples were building was the very first Christian church which was the only Christian church untill the 1500's. It was the Catholic Church.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ade1965x
Jesus told Peter he was the "Rock" on which his church would be built. Saint Peter is the very first Pope. What Peter and the other disiples were building was the very first Christian church which was the only Christian church untill the 1500's. It was the Catholic Church.

And, what PROOF do we have of this? Saying it's in the gospels doesn't count. We don't know when or who wrote the gospels. I somehow don't think Matthew, Mark, Luke or John were literate enough to pen these tomes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join