It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light crosses appearing all over the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
www.share-berlin.de...

A friend of mine has a picture his mom took of similar crosses in Norway. Looks like mirror reflections, but there are no mirrors or windows matching the sun and the cross... Any thoughts? I don't know what they mean...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
thats pretty strange, reminds me of this:

www.forteantimes.com...

I'm thinking that there will likely be a logical explaination for this.

Come on now, Norway and germany don't count as all around the world. Is there evidence for this happening elsewhere?

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Chonx]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Got to say this looks like a projector of some kind to me,i could be wrong but it just looks to good to be true,lights from the sky shining on buildings.
The media would be all over this i reckon so IMO there must be a logical explaination for this

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Too easy to prove where the lights are coming from for me to even care. Go to the light and experiment to see what direction causes the shadow. follow this direction and if theres a big light shining crosses or aliens, its not that supernatural.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
thats pretty strange, reminds me of this:

www.forteantimes.com...

I'm thinking that there will likely be a logical explaination for this.

Agree, but it's still concidered a mystery. The crosses seem to move along as the sun sets.

Come on now, Norway and germany don't count as all around the world. Is there evidence for this happening elsewhere?

Yes, apparently it started out in US of A...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The given shape is the base you draw when designing antiqua typefaces from scratch with compasses and rulers. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A lot of those light patches (the rectangular ones) look suspiciously like sunlight either reflecting off the windows of an adjacent building, or sunlight shining through the windows of an adjacent building. The others could be reflections from vehicle windows, mirrors, or chrome pieces. It's hard to tell without info on the time of day and sun position.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Gee wizz guys, it's obviously just light reflecting off windows from across the street, give me a break folks, this is and belongs in skunkwoorks.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That was the initial thought that came into my mind too, but apparently it is not what is happening. Noone can explain them, the shape suggests prisms or lenses/spheres, not windows. Some of the lights in the linked page looks like mere window reflections, but the round ones with x-es inscribed can't be explained. Reproduce these lights using reflections and the sun and post it here if you want to discredit it or disprove it... My best suggestion is to start with using car lights with xenon lights reflect the sun. Atleast that would explain how they started appearing just recently and haven't been seen before unless in the geometry of Roman typographic faces...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
hi - by the " miracle " of co-incidence , from the window of my den i can see this ` phenonemon `

its really very simple to understand - the exact angle makes a big difference to the pattern reflected

as of course does the type of window

here are the pics :

this is just 5 m away on the sme wall - to illustrate that angle makes all the difference

once i am propperly dressed , have preformerd my ablutions and had breakfast -etc etc i will go and photograph the windows responsible -

but i have to be cynical and note that people who find these paterns ` mystical ` probally should not be left unsupervised

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My first guess was that they were reflections from double isolated windows, and the more I look at it, the more I believe it to be true.

top topics

join