It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Now Even Abducting Olives! 8 Tonnes of them In fact!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well as the high strangeness that is the UFO area, continues to show more and more evidence of unusual sampling and harvesting, by our little green (hopefully!) friends!

It appears they may like Martini. maybe the Bond Movies have caught there imagination and they want it abducted and shaken by gravitational propulsion but not Stirred!

Great olive mystery baffles Australian growers
SYDNEY (AFP) — The quiet community of boutique wineries, upmarket guesthouses and fine restaurants of Lovedale in Australia's Hunter Valley has been gripped by mysterious goings-on in its olive groves at night.

Around eight tonnes of olives disappeared without a trace from hundreds of trees on five properties in the popular tourist destination north of Sydney virtually overnight earlier this month, residents said Wednesday.

"It takes six people about three days to pick our groves and we don't bother with the top of some of the higher trees, but these guys stripped the trees from top to bottom and they even took the olives off the ground.

"It takes six people about three days to pick our groves and we don't bother with the top of some of the higher trees, but these guys stripped the trees from top to bottom and they even took the olives off the ground."

AFP News Agency

8 tonnes of olives all at once overnight, they must really like their olives! A very weird occurrence and seems to be no rational explanation! except maybe in a bar deep in space not too far from here a well dressed alien is now saying,
"the name is Grey, James Grey"

Regards,
Elf

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I ws just reading about Lorenzo's oil was based on olive and rapseed oil....

maybe, like hemp, they have possible healing qualities

Link - www.mailonsunday.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Good Point David,
recently it was proved that frankincense has pycho-tropic effects balancing the chemical interactions in our brain, making people more balanced, and I thought that as Olives are so important in many religeons if that is the reason, maybe the little green/grey men are partial to them?

Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Bump....

The names Bond Grey Bond....

Shaken Not stirred?

said the Reptilian Barmaid.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Has anyone notice a shortage of

Bombay Saphire?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Maybe there was 20 or 30 people,they may have decided to split up the olives amongst themselves as bounty for their hardwork.I cant see aliens being partial to them.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
Has anyone notice a shortage of

Bombay Saphire?

Lol funny...

Originally posted by Solomons
I cant see aliens being partial to them

I thought that at first too ... but they went all at once and overnight even the farmer with all his pickers in about 3 days couldn't do it...

And they seem or something is anyway taking some strange body parts of Cows at night...

Elf.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That is weird. I would initially attribute it to some sort of insect but my mind can't logically rationalize that scenario. Strange indeed.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
That is weird. I would initially attribute it to some sort of insect but my mind can't logically rationalize that scenario. Strange indeed.

Maybe migrating birds or fruit bats. They hang in pretty large groups.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

Possibly, but wouldn't there be signs of waste droppings? And even the olives were gone off the ground. That is the one part of the story that really stood out in my mind.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sorry, that was me. Another olive craving. I've been known to clear out the olive bar at the grocery store when I'm feeling peckish.

I was thinking pests, maybe, but they wouldn't take olives from the ground. Birds like untreated olives and they could get up to the tops of the trees. But no bird poop like kleverone (and the article) said...

Very strange. And now I'm craving olives.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The only correlation between cow mutilations and olives is that both animal blood (hemoglobin) and olives are both high in iron.

I'm not saying that I believe they are related, but I can't help but match correlations.

It may be nothing, or not.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sounds like the Great Martini Scandal has finaly come to light. This is the pits!!
Zindo

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Possibly, but wouldn't there be signs of waste droppings? And even the olives were gone off the ground. That is the one part of the story that really stood out in my mind.

Initially I thought the same. But migrating birds often go for a week or two without stopping to eat, and no food of course means no poop. So maybe after crossing the ocean, a large flock of migratory birds stopped for a meal. I notice by the map that the place is on the coast also, they just went for the closest edible food source after making it to land is my guess.

The two untouched trees is the odd part to me, but then again, when the flock decides it's time to move, all the birds move as a single decision.

EDIT: just done a little homework.

So far I've found out that the Australian east coast is indeed on the migratory bird warpath. Australia gets 3 million migratory birds arriving there just before may (the time of the article) Bit of a bad place to put a vinyard if you ask me. Read some more articles about running a prosperous vinyard, apparently it's not unsual at all for entire crops of grapes to go missing overnight to a single flock of birds.

I bet if we put our heads together and researched this a bit, we could find instances of large crops, on the coasts of of different countries going missing due to migratory birds. So far I've found that the same thing happens to Africa also.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I am literatally laughing my arse off reading the story and the replies. Thank you for I needed this right now with all the doom and gloom. The story line caught me off guard.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

kleverone , my thoughts on this exactly,

I am sure if it was a huge flock of insects or birds as well there would a huge amount of disturbance droppings, in the scene, and why the two trees left.

If say insects they wouldn't take the pips as well.

I really think it may have been the real deal, as in unexplained abduction like people, like cattle and horses.

The speed and stealth of it, the lack of similar events ever before, the wild card of the two trees left, no signs of anything being there.

I mean 8 tonnes of olives is a lot in one night 8 tonnes!!

Very high strangeness indeed.

Elf.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
olives are just ...good food?
olives are just good food. the fat content itself is high. they are filling AND delicious. martinis aside.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

Hungry Greys?

maybe they are loosing weight as they try and keep up with the skinny model culture of earth... lol...

No really if you can accept the UFO hypothesis, then you accept cattle anus being bored out, and horse tongues being removed, well this is lame in comparison,

Who knows what the eating habits are of one never mind myriad species of life visiting earth?

Maybe it is sampling as seems to be happening, but the amount tends to make me lean away from that idea...

Olives Abducted for food if you ask me!

The only question is by who or what and how?

elf.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I wonder if there were footprints.

Surely humans could not have done this and not left prints in the dark.
Even if the soil was hard.

??

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Wow what a weird thing.

Look at the gut on this one!

[edit on 16-11-2008 by The Dave]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join