It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Now Even Abducting Olives! 8 Tonnes of them In fact!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It was Bats... I think;

They struck in the night - thousands of them. Since the fruit/insect eaters typically consume at least 1/2 their body weight in food each night, there had to be a minimum of 12 tonnes of bat involved in this raid.

They should check the ground for guano.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i do not mean to be pedantic - but the story clearly stattes that the event happened " virtualy overnight " not LITERALLY overnight - nor does it actually state that it happened during the hours of darkness , only that it went unoticed

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Agreed but no one was seen going onto the land, the farm houses are near by, I remember when posting it loads of headlines then that one local, rag said that the wife was home for the evening next day and following morning, able to see the orchard from the kitchen doing her chores etc.

They didnt see the missing olives until the worker/farmers got close that afternoon so it was really overnight but that no one had gone to look at the trees closely enough during those 1 1/2 days to say certain overnight, like dawn to dusk.

If at night bright lights trucks would have woken the dogs, farmer.

Noise lights footprints disturbance...

No signs of any living or mechanical thing

bats are an interesting thought, I don't think they would get all the ones of the floor and would be loads of bat poo which is ammonia like and very very smelly.

Its the two trees left, I dunno ... the Cherry on the pie of it to make it mysterious and interesting to me...

Elf

The Pope? glory of Olives (Malachi predictions) look in the vatican guys :-)

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Great crikies! The next thing to disappear will be huge quantities of acetaminophen. Perhaps a convenient store clerk or camera will catch the red eyed DUIs or FUIs.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious it was NINJAS...just take a look at UNNAMEDNINJA's avatar, looks a bit drunk no?
I was not part of it since I'm out with an ankle injury.

On topic: my first thought was bugs but even if it where bugs they would leave some behind.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They will be in for a disappointment... olives are inedible... way too bitter... unless cured for a period of time... sometimes in salt... others in brine or oil but they need to be cured... the curing process takes from a few weeks to a couple of months.

Canned olives have so little taste because they are cured in lye for a few hours then rinsed and canned.

I don't buy canned olives.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

They will be in for a disappointment... olives are inedible... way too bitter... unless cured for a period of time... sometimes in salt... others in brine or oil but they need to be cured... the curing process takes from a few weeks to a couple of months.

Hey groovy Grover how are you?

Hope very well, long time since we passed by on the boards,

Anyhow I never thought of that really really good point...

Olives are the fruit of a tree native to the Mediterranean area. They must be cured before consumption and cannot be eaten raw. Olives are eaten as a finger food as well as in recipes. Olives are pressed to extract healthy

Source

It seems though ancient man including the Israelis did eat them uncured, by bruising them first or:

To our palate it seems strange, but some of the ancient olives (including the Palestinian balady) produce fruit which although bitter, leaves a pleasant, sweet after taste; dipped in salt it is delicious.

Olives in Jewish texts

Maybe a Lost tribe of Israel followed Sheba's son Malachi down the Nile to Ethiopia and have been drifting south hidden?

Some Interesting Olive facts I never Knew!

• The Unites States does not abide by the International Olive Oil Council (IOOC) guidelines and can label any old oil Extra Virgin! Buy imported!
  • Many olive trees can easily live for 500 years. A thousand is not uncommon.
  • The most expensive olive oil (Manni's Tuscan Oil) can be obtained at a cost of $350 or £175 a litre!
  • Olive Oil can be used as a substitute for shaving cream.
    Elf- £350 a Lire WoW!!! Below one I did but im sure many don't:
  • The only difference between green olives and black olives is ripeness.

All That's Olive

Now on the Bird front Feral pigeons do eat Olives,

Pigeons primarily eat seeds and grain but will also eat olives, berries, etc. They can travel many miles daily in search of food and may sample many feeding sites.
Source

Now they go in groups but not flocks as far as I am aware and any flock that large would of been noisy of any type of bird, very noticable and left droppings, and again not left 2 trees free...

Still convinced these olives were abducted lol...

Elf.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am well thank you Elf.

Abducting olives makes far more sense than abducting some of the loons that claim they were.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

There Now Even Abducting Olives! 8 Tonnes of them In fact!

I`d say it was just a break down in communication ,telepathic and all that they are .
Some grey was sent to bring back an olive , misheard the boss and brought back "all of" them. All 8 tonnes by the looks of it !

I bet he got some dressing down back at the mother-ship.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
As the recent vanishing things BUMP and also as I rad this yesterday and is very interesting:

Olives were so revered in Biblical times that it is said that Moses granted olive growers an exemption from military service.

Wow amazing if you ask me.

and also:

Traditional Chinese Medicine uses olive soup as a sore throat recipe—the only occurrence of the olive in Chinese cuisine.

Which is bizarre as such a wide ranging cultural cuisine mix and huge area...

Olives 101

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nnelsosj

Lol thank you

Do you think the space lizards had them then?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Any one knows that olive oil makes great bio-fuel for flying saucers.

They are going green to help save the planet.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

This has had me thinking a bit lol.

Olives are a high source of fatty material, rich in nutrients and such like, and obviously have a high oil content....

You could be onto something for normal cars anyhow, never mind flying saucers...

Chip fat etc is used in diesel engines, there is no reason olives could not be used to power a car, how posh?

elf

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join