It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah/Adam/Eve were before Jesus' time. They did not have to accept Jesus to go to heaven.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is just a question that popped up in my head:

Noah, Adam, and Eve were before Jesus' time. However, if Jesus is the only way to heaven, does this mean they are in hell? No it does not. I hope nobody would think that.

If they got to heaven without Jesus, then we can to. What do you think god would do with the people who believed in him, but did not accept Jesus? People that did not go through life doing evil deeds, but good deeds for people. What would he do with someone that risked their lives everyday for other people even though they don't accept jesus?

Answer this.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They were all linked to god so why the jesus questions?God created adam and eve.....noah build that boat from talking to him.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Young man, You are trying to introduce common sense into religion. You should be ashamed of yourself. Reality has no place where religion is concerned.

mrwupy = Spiritual Anarchist.

Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.
[edit on 31-5-2008 by mrwupy]

Free the chains on my mind? How do you suppose I do that?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
They were all linked to god so why the jesus questions?God created adam and eve.....noah build that boat from talking to him.

Basically what I am saying here, is you don't have to believe/accept/have faith in Jesus to get to heaven as long as you believe in a god.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by jca2005]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

That is because Jesus or the Messiah was the product of the desperation of the Jewish people while on exile looking for hope.

But the Jesus was rejected by the Jews as been the one, something that was exploited by the new emerging christian religion, even after linking the Jesus to god as been one an the same.

Great OP.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The precept is not " to believe in Jesus to be saved" , but the true precept is
"To believe in God and His Unity, and in His angels, His scriptures and His messengers, and to make no distinction among any of His messengers".

So to be saved, mankind must believe in the UNITY of God, meaning that God is only ONE and that He has no partner in His sovereignty and believe also in His Messengers, and Jesus being one of the Messengers must be accepted by true believers in God, that is, to reject Jesus is to reject the ONE who sent Him, who is none else but God Almighty.

Adam, Eve and Noah, therefore was saved by believing in GOD alone.

All Praise and Glory belongs to God alone. Amen

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Your mistaken all the old saints were told of a redeemer to come in the future to save mankind.They believed in a redeemer.Some I think understood that through his death redemption would come .This has been passed down from the very begining if you even look at the Geneology of Adam in Gensis each name in hebrew has a meaning let me explain what I mean.Obviously it was still clear to some during the life of Jesus. To others it was not so clear just like now a days...

Adam - Man
Seth - Appointed
Enosh - Mortal
Kenan - Sorrow
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - Shall come down
Enoch - Teaching
Methuselah - His death shall bring
Lamech - The despairing
Noah - Rest, or comfort

Here are the meaning of the names in English:

Man apponted mortal sorrow, The blessed God shall come down teaching his death shall bring the desparing comfort.

I would say these guys could see these meanings in there own Hebrew language no problem. Also Abraham and moses all those guys understood and did believe by faith in the story of the coming redeemer and it was counted as faith in "the Messiah".

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You can accept Jesus without accepting him (as in the Man). It's the concepts he stood for, which can be found not only in ancient scriptures, but in our lives, TV, and literature. They just need to be recognized and practiced. Heaven is only achieved through unity, not division... which unfortunately organized religion when misinterpreted tends to often lead towards.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

That is because Christ came after Adam and Eve

True, Christ has existed as long as God, because Christ is refered to, many times, as "the word"

But "the word" was sent to earth as the physical embodiment of God. Jesus was sent to earth to free the jews of israel, return Gods chosen people home, and rid them of their oppressors. Oh, and to die for all of mankinds sins (incase you forgot
)

So your question is a trick question.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Besides the verses in the book of Hebrews that show Moses
did DIE, we have also the plain statement in the book of
Deuteronomy, "So Moses the servant of the Lord DIED there in the
land of ....... And He(God) buried him in a valley in the land of
Moab... And Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he DIED
..." (chap.34:5-7).

There's just one remaining section of scripture that
puzzles some: Jesus' TRANSFIGURATION. Did not both ELIJAH and
MOSES appear with Christ on the mount of transfiguration? The
record of the event is found in MAT. 17:1-9; MRK.9;2-1O;
LK.9:28-36. But the ANSWER is only given by Matthew. Leaving
the mountain, Jesus told his disciples: "Tell the VISION to no
man" (Mat. 17:9). In part the DICTIONARY defined VISION as,
"...the power of perceiving some-thing not actually present to
the eye..." A VISION IS NOT A MATERIAL REALITY but a
supernatural picture.

It was not Moses that was first from the dead, nor was it
Elijah or Enoch that first received eternal life - IT WAS CHRIST
JESUS! "And He(speaking of Jesus) is the head of the body, the
church: who is THE BEGINNING, the FIRSTBORN FROM THE DEAD..."
(Col. 1:18). Jesus was "the firstborn of every creature" (Col.
1:15). Yes, the FIRST Human to be BORN into life eternal.
Christ was the FIRST to be PERFECTED as an immortal being and so,
"...being MADE PERFECT, He became the AUTHOR (the one who wrote
the book on it - who led the way) of ETERNAL SALVATION unto all
them that OBEY Him" (Heb. 5:9).

Jesus is FIRST in CREATING, first in the CHURCH, and first of any
human in eternal SALVATION.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You are assuming that Adam/eve/noah went to heaven, when the Bible says that we return to the dust from whence we came and await the resurrection...

GENESIS 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art , and unto dust shalt thou return.

They went to "hell", when you consider that the English word hell is tranlasted from the hebrew and greeks words for grave. The idea that man goes to heaven upon death is a tradition of man, the Bible says quite differently. What would be the need of the resurrection at the end, if everybody is already alive in heaven and stay there anyway, and why does the Bible say that that at Christ's coming, he reigns on Earth?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Maybe you should READ THE BIBLE, to find the answers to your questions about the Bible, Athiests. Oh wait that right, it's the "Evil Book of Mindless Religious Vampires!!!", that thing your sooo scared of, the thing that you wont read, but you go to some "Top 10 ways to debunk the Bible" website that is full of BS, or that stupid Zietgiest movie that has been debunked like A BILLION TIMES BY PEOPEL WHO ARENT EVEN CHRISTIANS! Seriously, I'm getting tired of the BS athiests, when are you guys going to quit bashing something you don't even read? Know your enemy, read the Bible, or are you too afraid to learn something?

BTW, did you know that most of the major colleges were created by Christians? Athists, there is no big conspiracy behind our beliefs, there are evil people who claim to be Christians, just like there are evil scientists (like Darwin, who believed blacks were a lower species than whites). Seriously, you guys ask some really stupid questions that a 5th grader could answer.

Sorry, I'm just a little fed up with all the BS I'm seeing here, I keep thinking "Oh this looks like a good... OMG this is so gay, here we go agian for the billionth time.". Seriously, why don;t you guys try attacking a different religion? Oh wait, that's right, you guys know in your hearts that Yeshua is real and that there is a God, you hear/feel that voice in your innermost being? That's called the Holy Spirit, right now He's shouting at the top of His lungs for you to listen to Him, He has something He wants to tell you about, IT'S CALLED THE TRUTH! The truth that there is a God, and He loves you and died for you so you can be with Him. Seriously guys, just listen to the Holy Spirit, quit rejecting the Truth!

God Bless,

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
While I am not a Christian, if I recall correctly, I think the general Christian answer is something along the lines of Jesus going down into the earth, collecting all the good souls who died before him, and then taking them with him to heaven, before returning in 3 days. This raises a whole new set of complications and weirdnesses for me, but then again, I am not Christian.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i have often wondered if eve ate the apple and such, and disobeyed god would she of gone to hell anyway???

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
Here is just a question that popped up in my head:

Noah, Adam, and Eve were before Jesus' time. However, if Jesus is the only way to heaven, does this mean they are in hell? No it does not. I hope nobody would think that.

No of course not. Throughout history mankind was given different covenants until the prophesied and promised Messiah would come. Christians believe the Messiah was Jesus and that we are now under the New Testament Covenant of Grace.

This is a theological question with Biblical answers. There were multiple covenants. The Adamic covenant, Noahine Laws, the Mosaic Law/Covenant, and now finally the New Testament Covenant. Jesus is also described as 'the lamb slain since the creation of the world.'

Noah, Adam, Eve, Moses, and John the Baptist are all safe and sound.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You had certain rules to live by. Jew’s had to sacrifice animals to God and do repentance. There were laws to follow even back then including the commandments.

This is why you see that God favored some men because they did what was right in His eyes. They lived by the laws and what was written even back then.

However, when Jesus came He came telling them He is the only sacrifice that is needed.

Scarifices

Ephesians 5

2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour.

Matthew 5
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 9
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Shar]

top topics

join