It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Paul Freeman Sasquatch Footage...The Real Deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Shot in 1994 in The Blue Mountain range of the Washington / Oregon Border. Film starts off with Paul Freeman, an avid Bigfoot researcher who died in 2003, following a series of tracks. Then you see what appears to be a MASSIVE creature walk across the forrest in the distance ahead of him...What really caught my attention was the way it turns its head very quickly at Paul then away---It reminds me alot of the Patterson Bigfoot, the way Patty looks quickly at them then turns away and keeps moving. And evidently this is the only film in which TWO sasquatch are occupying the same footage...

Thoughts?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The first thought that comes to mind..."Why is this guy videotaping himself looking for footprints?" Seems like a setup to me.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hello everyone

I believe I've seen this video before but if I did it was several years ago and even then only once or twice. Unfortunately, I may know why this video isn't seen very often:

The fact that Freeman hoaxed photos and videos, and admitted on national television to forging footprints renders much of his material suspect in the eyes of many, but not all, Bigfoot enthusiasts.

Link Wikipedia

Please forgive me if I didn't link this correctly as I'm not very familiar with how to do so just yet, if there are any problems I'd be glad to correct it if you tell me how.
I'm also aware that Wikipedia isn't the best source to site for any information however I couldn't find more on Mr. Freeman without conducting a more extensive search, forgive me, it's early here.

I digress however. Even if the footage was real, Mr. Freeman lost his credibility to most cryptozoologists when he openly admitted to creating false evidence. That being said, I will admit that he does possibly seem excited...perhaps not as much as others might be but never the less his speech does have a shaky quality to it, granted he could also simply be out of breath.

As for the creature itself, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Although it certainly seems large we still have a "blobsquatch" on our hands. Since it seems reasonable to believe that these creatures must come in different shapes and sizes depending on various factors such as age, health, and location we cannot accurately determine a fim's validity without being able to observe and pick apart the subjects gait, assuming that you are using the Patterson Footage as a reference.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by JayTaylor]

[edit on 31-5-2008 by JayTaylor]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I couldn't edit my post to add more information for some reason so I'm going to present more information here, I hope nobody minds.

I found several more links which I think may be useful.

The following link provides a fairly non biased presentation of Mr. Freeman.
Bigfoot: Paul Freeman Obit - Skeptical Inquirer 2003

This next link provides another view of him. I wanted to include this not only so everyone can form their own opinion of the man but also because it includes a picture of him which, although he may have been in better shape at the time this video was filmed, may give more support to the possibility he was more out of breath after hiking than genuinely excited.
Bigfoot: Paul Freeman obit by Orchard & Link to Video

I present this information because although the author may be a different subject from the film itself I feel that better understanding him may provide possible insight into the actual validity of the film.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Personally, I think the Freeman footage is the real deal. It just looks too real to me. There are a few frames that are quite amazing - the one of the first creature as it walks by a tree. Great footage. Freeman's voice sounds very authentic to me too. There are people who go out to watch BF near where I live every so often. They are sighted frequently, and no-one really doubts thier existence.. Neither do I.

J.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's certainly possible that it's real, however due to Mr. Freeman admitting to having faked much of his evidence I think it's doubtful that this video will ever be given a serious chance. To be honest, I'd like for it to be real myself but you certainly can't tell just from this film, especially given Mr. Freeman's habit of crying wolf with false evidence when he was alive.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I met Mr. Freeman a few years back...we were not freinds or anything like that so don't expect any deep dark secrets.

I talked with him for a couple of hours, and came away with the impression that he was basically a truthful man, on this topic anyway. This was before the revelations that he faked some of his evidence, so I've no real opinion on that issue... Quite frankly, I liked the guy.

I've been in the areas where he saw Sasquatch on many occaisions while growing up, hunting and fishing. The area is tailor made for a reclusive critter like Sasquatch. Tell you another thing...some places in the area give the hairs on the back of your neck a workout.

Freeman isn't the only one who's seen Sasquatch in the area, or in the surrounding ones. Since the area was settled way back in the early 19th century, white folk have seen him; local tribes told of him. So Freeman isn't the only one to make claims.

Having heard, first hand or second, many of these local stories I am convinced as I can be without having seen for myself, that Sasquatch does indeed inhabit the Blues. Having seen Sasquatch, maybe, in the hills outside of Walla Walla, color me convinced.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have a hard time with this Video

I've also seen it before, Knowing what I do about some of Freemans evidence being faked I have to give it a possible maybe.

But people are right the more you look at it the similarities to the Patterson film
are pretty darn close

I Saw one documentary were this Crpytozoogist was convinced the Patterson film shows a female Bigfoot his evidence was very convincing and in this clip they talked about a second younger Bigfoot

Could this be another female?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm not positive about how I feel about this video either in all honesty. It's a shame that you only get a short glimpse of the subject in question and as for myself, I wasn't even able to see the alleged 2nd bigfoot in the film.
I also saw a documentary that claimed the Patterson Bigfoot was a woman. They analyzed several still frames of the video and were able to identify breasts on it which, if true, likely gives more credit to the possibility of it being real.
I don't know of any hoaxed sasquatch pictures or videos to portray the creature with breasts, especially since it was filmed in 1967.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Yes, I agree. There have just been too many THOUSANDS of sightings of this being to think it doesn't exist.

And I agree, there is just something about this footage that makes me lean towards it being real. The way the Sasquatch moves, and the shock in Freeman's voice just after it moves past the tree. He seemed blown away, and it did not sound scripted at all to me.

It's a shame he faked some prints at one time---Had he not had done that, I think this footage would get a LOT more coverage.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This concept of "Bigfoot" wont fit into my head and challenges my deeply held firmly planted beliefs so I say it is a hoax!!!lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hello, I think the Freeman footage is real. just look at the size of the thing, it is huge. Mr Freeman took a lot of grief about his bigfoot sighting. He quit his job and moved away for a time. Why bring those kind of problems on yourself if it is not real. Its time for humans to wake up to the fact, that we don't know everything about what lives in remote wilderness.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This Freeman footage is very interesting actually, if you look it scoops up something that resembles a baby 'bigfoot' and it moves very realistically. To me it actually looks very like a Gorilla.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

top topics

join