It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
"the new cool thing to do" is to join the praise Obama bandwagon,

Actually ... IMHO ... the 'cool thing' and the 'smart thing' to do is go and vote for Ron Paul.
Sorry ... couldn't resist!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
- That fake smoking picture? Yep. I agree.
- The flag pin? Yep. I agree.
- The ALLEGED not putting his hand on his heart? Yep. I agree.

What else do YOU consider 'irrelevant' and therefore alleged evidence of bigotry?

I'm really not sure to respond. Are you in agreement with what I am saying or mocking me? I speak with sincerity here.

In response to Steve's post, let me begin by saying thank you for picking up on my speaking in absolutes. I should have been more careful in my wording and rereading my post I can see that I didn't truly express what I was thinking. I will let it stand though and push forward from here.

What percentage of the voting public is doing so from an informed position?

Our board is composed of thousands of exceptions to the norm. Most people don't know, don't care, and probably don't even vote. Those that do vote, probably don't care. I'm sure an equal percentage of uninformed voters are voting for Obama as they are Clinton and as they are McCain.

I'm interested in your thoughts on that.

Do you think Obama has a greater portion of uninformed voters voting for him? (Rather interesting actually if you think about it)

My intentions were not to render support or opposition of Obama to racism. However, I do believe a percentage of people are in opposition of him due to his skin color, and they are masking it. Not everyone, not even most.. but some. And rather than concocting ridiculous theories, just speak the truth. As disgusting as it is.. just speak the truth. (Believe me when I say I am not trying to implicate anyone here. I'm simply looking for a discussion on the topic)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Are you in agreement with what I am saying or mocking me?

I wasn't mocking you.
I agreed that those things I listed were irrelevant.
I do not agree that they are evidence of bigotry.
(partisanship most likely.)

I wanted to know exactly what things YOU thought were irrelevant and therefore 'evidence of bigotry'.

What percentage of the voting public is doing so from an informed position?

If the public were voting from an informed position, they'd be voting for Ron Paul in droves - IMHO. I am of the opinion that MOST of the public isn't really informed as much as they should be. That includes dems, republicans, independents, .... everyone.

I do believe a percentage of people are in opposition of him due to his skin color, and they are masking it. Not everyone, not even most.. but some.

If some people are in opposition to Obama due to skin color, I think it's much less of a percentage than those who FAVOR him due to skin color. And those people are trying to mask it.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

You are making an assumption whether you like it or not, were not stupid! Obama's key defense in action, you don't realize what a tool you are. These issues with this man are founded and that is our opinion, your opinion that they are irrelevent is an attack on free speech and you jumping to the race card is an abomination to free speech.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

At this point, isn't everything an assumption? Let us please avoid the name calling though. If this is resulting in a reaction that leads you to feel you need to insult those that disagree, it's not worth discussing. I'm not calling anyone stupid. I'm simply voicing an opinion, just as you are.

I'm confused how you feel I am trying to silence free speech.

I merely disagreed with what is being said. I never spoke against the right to say it, merely said I disagreed.

Let it be said now that I am not a supporter of Obama. In the primaries, I had hoped to see Hillary win. (really not sure why)

But what I am an advocate of is equality. I want to see the same standard applied to Hillary and McCain. At times I feel a double standard has been created for Obama & Hillary based on their race and gender.

I don't speak here because I think anyone should vote for him, I speak here because I think he should be held to the same standard as any politician that came before him.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by chissler]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I do not assume to be offended when he calls white people typical in regards to intollerance of blacks. No, I am offended and I will say and do what I can to express my absolute distain for this disgusting human being that is Barrack Obama. Now if you'll excuse me, I got to go burn some crosses and be intollerant of other races now, my asian gf is going to join me, after all she hates Obama too.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

I do not profess to be the know all, be all of knowledge on this man, but I am interested in reading his speech where he said "typical whites are intolerant of blacks".

I'm not implying it doesn't exist, just stating that I have not read it.

Link?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
These are the "focus group" people that Fox and Sean Hannity used to use to smear Ron Paul. They are the ones that controlled that ridiculous "real-time" graph (and controlled by that paid-for-professional-mezmericist that tells them how to raise their hands) that Fox paraded around as Official Doctrine of the American People during earlier "debates"...whether or not all of the candidates were even ALLOWED to show up. Frightening.

And now that they don't fall in line with phony newsman Hannity's opinion, that being Hannity's well-documented and surreally biased anti-Ron Paul stance...well...now Hannity mocks that same phony "focus group" that he used to use to back up his unfounded bitterness toward Paul.

It's true of course that Obama and Clinton and McCain (King George III)offer no real changes...no promises to get us out of this war soon...no answers to all-time-high high-school drop out rates...anarchy on our southern border (Mexican police are being beheaded by drug cartels, quitting in record numbers, etc. )saving our plummetting dollars...stopping out-of-site government spending...etc.

Revolution, ya'll. RP 2008. He caused the Nevada Rep. Convention to SHUT DOWN without choosing final delegates because he is the only real candidate in this whole sham...IT SHUT DOWN!!!! even CNN reported it on April 27, 2008

And look how CNN calls Paul's supporters "raucous"...I guess when American Citizens actually get excited about a candidate and USE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL POWERS to lawfully influence an official Republican event by following that event's published by-laws and process...well, then they are called "raucous". Better "raucous" than brain-dead or sheepled like MOST Clinton/McCain/Obama supporters. (I say "most" because there ARE informed supporters for these candidates. I support all informed voters no matter who they support...I respect people who educate themselves and make up their own darn minds!!!)

And I'll name some Paul accomplishments...20+ years as a Congressman...Reagan SUPPORTED HIM...Air Force surgeon...brought 4,000 new lives into the world as a doctor delivering babies...and votes with common sense time and time again as a current Texas representative, like passing legislation that will at least try to slow down King George's North American Union...and has actual ideas that would create change (like downsizing/abolishing the unconstitutional CIA (the unvoted-upon nameless chosen who fan the flames of our middle east problems) and also getting us out of our unconstitutional war in Iraq in No Uncertain Terms).

This "war" has lasted longer than WWII (and still fails to outline any verifiable "objectives") and our new veterans are committing suicide at an all time high and coming home without arms and legs if they are lucky enough to come home at all.

Let's start ending this war now. Our country is better than this. And the American people deserve better.

www.RonPaul2008.com (official site) (official site)

[edit on 31-5-2008 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In response to Steve's post, let me begin by saying thank you for picking up on my speaking in absolutes. I should have been more careful in my wording and rereading my post I can see that I didn't truly express what I was thinking.

Cool.

Do you think Obama has a greater portion of uninformed voters voting for him?

Of course that is central to my threads. Let's take an example. Think about this. Obama won the North Carolina democratic primary with 91% of the African American vote. Clinton took 6% of the African American vote. It would naive to postulate that 91% of the black voters simply found Obama's policy and record more impressive. Indeed, Clinton's policy is almost identical to Obama's.

Now, let's compare those statistics. The gender exit poll for Clinton's supporters was 39% Male 43% Female. Far more balanced. I believe these figures answer your question.

Believe me when I say I am not trying to implicate anyone here. I'm simply looking for a discussion on the topic.

It didn't appear that way, but all right.

[edit on 2008/5/31 by SteveR]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
interesting video's ...

i think most people dont have a clue what they are voting for, and they are voting based on the candidates personality alone. it's not like the MSM talks about benchmark achievements everyday and for the average person to know the background of any of the top three candidates is highly unlikely.

but i do find it funny when a Senator doesnt even know any...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Amazing. Everyone should watch that video. Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR Let's take an example. Think about this. Obama won the North Carolina democratic primary with 91% of the African American vote. Clinton took 6% of the African American vote. It would naive to postulate that 91% of the black voters simply found Obama's policy and record more impressive. Indeed, Clinton's policy is almost identical to Obama's.

Now, let's compare those statistics. The gender exit poll for Clinton's supporters was 39% Male 43% Female. Far more balanced. I believe these figures answer your question.

This is an excellent point.

I've been trying to explain this to people for weeks and nobody seems to get it.

The 91% black vote can only be explained baced on race. Then what's even more mind-numbing is that not only do Obama supporters fail to acknowledge what is obvious race-based support for Obama, they accuse people who DON'T vote for Obama as being racist.

I'm still scratching my head at the incredible illogic of this reasoning.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Well said.

I tend to avoid putting too much stock into statistics, but I would be naive if I were to overlook what you have presented and what they indicate.

originally posted by SteveR
It didn't appear that way, but all right.

Hence my attempt to clarify. After rereading my post(s), I felt I was potentially insinuating that some of the participants of the thread were guilty of what I was stating. Not the case, and I hope we all see eye to eye on this point.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
baaaa.....change...baaaa....hope....baaaa.....bringing together....baaaa!

baraks supporters are called SHEEPLE.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
they accuse people who DON'T vote for Obama as being racist.

That's right, and it follows on that people who engage their brain and criticial thinking skills are also racist. Simply for questioning Obama.

If that isn't Black Power Theology I don't know what is.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Interesting video.

Here's a question:

Without any legislative accomplishments on his resume, if he were elected POTUS, would that be a credit to the man and his ability to inspire, or a knock on the voting public?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You have til the third week in January 2009 to get used to it: President Barack Obama. I am an American and a psychologist. I have studied people and have helped them for thirty years. Having evaluated Senator Obama in the course of the campaign, I have concluded that this man a true leader who can develop an effective team of experts and martial the support and energy of more than half of the American people in support of his Administration. By doing so, he will stop the accelerating economic and social decline of our country, begin to restore our high moral standing among nations, and, finally, lead a successful worldwide communal effort that makes major progress in solving the critical problems facing human civilization. In these perilous times, a President Obama is the best hope for America and for the future of the planet.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by easynow

Interesting video.

Here's a question:

Without any legislative accomplishments on his resume, if he were elected POTUS, would that be a credit to the man and his ability to inspire, or a knock on the voting public?

ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!
great to see you finally get it! welcome to the light...stay a while..

and the answer to your question is...both.

barak and hitler inspired people, that doesn't make them good leaders.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dudes, what is going on? Obama just got 55 delegates handed to him in Michigan while Hillary got 4 snubbed and no voting took place. The suckocrats rushed Obama's nomination very unfairly.

We can't allow this nonsense to propgate into the White House.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

well if your gonna make me pick one , i have to say a knock on the voting public because like i said earlier, the average American doesnt have time to know all the achievements and the MSM doesnt focus on this in a way for any normal person to be correctly informed. but it still is no excuse for being ignorant to the facts.

it's actually kinda sad.

what is also sad is the delegates are the ones deciding the winner not the voters...so it's definately a knock because most dont even know this and to let it continue is truly a breakdown in democracy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join