It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House could possibly stop McClellan from testifying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

White House could possibly stop McClellan from testifying

www.huffingtonpost.com

Think Progress reported this afternoon that White House spokesperson Dana Perino told reporters Friday during a press conference that the White House could possibly stop McClellan from testifying before Congress:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What weasels... no that's an insult to weasels!!!

But I can't say what I think of the bush minor white house here or I will get banned.

Which is it: Is bush minor so insecure that he simply cannot allow any criticism of him go unchallenged...

... OR...

are they so terrified of the truth getting out (as if it already hasn't) about their behavior in the lead up to this mess we call the Iraqi war that they will do anything to obstruct justice?

Personally I think its both.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Dana Perino's response was quite clearly in response to a question posed to her. Legally, they can do it if they want. She did not in any way indicate that this is what they planned to do, however.

Its a non-issue unless they decide to exercise that authority.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The President is not above the law. Nor can he silence the People by his will alone. The Constitution makes no mention of 'executive privilege'. Can anyone cite exactly what 'law' Perino is referring to?

I think I've heard this story before...

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

Oh yeah.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
No, I do not believe the WhiteHouse can prevent ANYONE from testifying.

They could pressure him, he may not want to either. You have to understand (I don't blame you if you don't) that we have 2 other powerful branches of government. The executive branch can only saber rattle so much, if the Court or Congress want to come down hard, they can. But it is a big game. I believe that if it is serious enough (think Nixon) then, they will give up Rove, maybe Rumsfeld and maybe even Cheney, BUT, I believe Cheney is smart enough to have the goods on Bush so he might have his get out of jail free card. It is going to be so much fun to watch how all of this plays out. Rove is going to get hammered in the Segilman matter anyway, so look for him to be thrown under the bus. If Obama gets in then Bush better take off to his million acre retreat in Paraguay.
.....I know, I know, we all want this to happen quickly but it just doesn't work like that now. Soooooo, many crimes have taken place that it makes Watergate look like a bump in the road.
The order to look for as far as people going down...is...1) Rove 2) Rice/Rumsfeld (that all depends on who has covered their ass the best) 3) Cheney and then Bush. (there might be some peons that get nailed first in order to get them to sell out these guys.) Wolfiwitz will get into the mix somehow. Even that little rat bastard Scooter will too, he isn't over yet.
...just have patience and watch how the game is played in Washington. The media could help too but it will come from the Cable news places first and then Main stream won't be able to ignore the blood in the water. (just enjoy Fox, as they try to down play this) Oberman is the man to watch, on MSNBC.
....Oh, if Clinton is elected....all bets are off. I swear to God, if anything happens to Obama then Clinton should get the chair for her role in getting some "white trash" to do her bidding. I hate that woman! (I'm referring to her not so subliminal, message to some whack job. this is what she "implied" "hey, if you want me as your President, well then, at this point it looks like I am going to need some help, (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know whatta mean) ....uhhhh, Hey dumbass white trash, that means do a Bobby Kennedy on Obama."
And for you Hillary backers....mark my words. This is what she is looking for....If you thought 9/11 was a tragedy then you better hope that her irresponsible and sinister comments fall on deaf ears. She is pure ego driven evil (and we thought Bush was bad).............sorry about the rant
.....Don't expect much done before the elections as far as the big fish and if it is Clinton, don't expect anything.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
The President is not above the law. Nor can he silence the People by his will alone. The Constitution makes no mention of 'executive privilege'. Can anyone cite exactly what 'law' Perino is referring to?
---------------------------------
...executive privilege can only be invoked by the person that is to testify, not some blanket "don't rat on us" thing. Just like if you plead the 5th. You can't do it if you yourself aren't in any jeopordy of self incrimination. You cant plead the 5th to save a friend if you are innocent of any wrong doing. (....look up Dave Chappell on youtube for his skit on pleading the 5th...we watched that in our Criminal Procedure class and it is funny as hell)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well that's some wonderful gamemanship analysis Res Ipsa, I think you're spot on on a lot of those observations (being a bit of a political cynic myself). But I could really care less about seeing any member of the administration "go down" -- what's important is that justice be served and that the people hear the truths about what this administration has illegally hidden. Oh I'm not saying 'rip up the veil of government secrecy' -- no, that would be silly; there are some secrets the government should keep, legally, since anything revealed to its citizens is essentially revealed to the entire world.

But when the house is fulla stink, there's certainly something rotten in the fridge or the trash.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Almost sounds like a maffia doesnt it? You better not testify and if you try to I wont let you. (Imagine that it a mobster voice) Oh wait throw in the Bada Bing.
Yeah this is just another case of Bush forgetting what the constitution is and understanding he is not some all powerful king he is a civil servant to the people and if he screws up it is peoples responsibility to step up and rectify it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well they have tried repeatedly to invoke executive privilege to prevent things that they did not want to do or get out quite a few times now.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
and.....
Are you saying that Rice should get a free pass with her lying ass?
Rumsfeld? What these people have done to our Country and our reputation is beyond just a slap on the wrist, they are self serving treasonists.
Mybigunit, the Mafia learned from the best. Our government is the ultimate Mafia. They didn't rub out Spiegelman they just destroyed his life. That is power.
I'm old enough to remember how I use to fear the Kremlin...wow, how foolish was I? These old cold war bastards (Rumsfeld/Cheney) they are the real deal. They want a new world order. Listen to what Mcclellon had to say about democracy by force. (his book is a must read)
....So, yes Ian, you do want to see all the guilty people go down and that is a long list of names....and alot of them have tried to hide in some cave like Al Qaueda but justice will find them and hunt them down too. (Don't leave the Country Cheney or Rove!)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
and.....
Are you saying that Rice should get a free pass with her lying ass?
Rumsfeld? What these people have done to our Country and our reputation is beyond just a slap on the wrist, they are self serving treasonists.
Mybigunit, the Mafia learned from the best. Our government is the ultimate Mafia. They didn't rub out Spiegelman they just destroyed his life. That is power.
I'm old enough to remember how I use to fear the Kremlin...wow, how foolish was I? These old cold war bastards (Rumsfeld/Cheney) they are the real deal. They want a new world order. Listen to what Mcclellon had to say about democracy by force. (his book is a must read)
....So, yes Ian, you do want to see all the guilty people go down and that is a long list of names....and alot of them have tried to hide in some cave like Al Qaueda but justice will find them and hunt them down too. (Don't leave the Country Cheney or Rove!)

Ummm you wont here any arguments from me. That was my point in comparing them to the mafia. BTW please tell us how you really feel dont hold back

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Res Ipsa, yes, no one is or should be immune from justice. But look at the length of that 'laundry list' you mentioned! We're not just talking a few bad apples here! And I know the media -- any prosecution against a single person would immediately turn into: what exactly did they do, were their crimes really their responsibility, details details details. All missing the big picture: how could our system of government become so undermined as to allow such corruption? No checks, no balances!

I quoted the DoI earlier. I actually originally quoted three clauses, I deleted one because I thought it wasn't accurate enough in this situation:

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

Sad that I haven't seen much 'manly firmness' (or 'staunch firmness', if you want to be more PC) from the Legislative or Judicial branches. That's the real crime here -- individual personalities are secondary (but not unimportant, as you rightly take point with!)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There might be a lot of guilt ridden "sucides" before the is one sigle convictions. With letters that say they where the ones that lied and provided the false information for pay raises.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am prepared to post a friendly 'non-monetary' wager.

He will testify and weave a tale of ideological differences and contests of will - but NOT malice. His words, so far, are the best attempt I've ever seen at obfuscating the abusive, malicious, and conspiratorial truth of the matter. If he, with is almost pointless testimony, gets to 'stand before the court' he will paint a picture which will minimize the chance that an international body will muster the will to pursue this matter independently, and that is what this is all about!

I accept nearly NONE of the apologist McClellan's story. I believe that he IS STILL DOING HIS PART for the Republican branch of the only political party allowed to exist - the Republocrats.

I fear we have a corporate junta firmly entrenched in the United States government. They finally showed their true colors and proceed with their plan to increase private corporate control - it hasn't gone well for them and they now know that their plan was not well-hidden enough - so this is damage control. These are MASTER propagandists and lawyers, planning to 'get away with it' as usual. Mr. McClellan remains one of them - soon he'll get the obligatory media 'kiss of life' - now published and soon will be a guest speaker around the country ending up hosting on cable (faux) news/editorial show.

This is just another 'plan within a plan'. I wouldn't be surprised if their ambitions led them to attempt to destroy several negative aspects of the entire presidency by recasting it in a misdirected, but less damaging light.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If I might point out something unrelated:

I note that the system seems to indicate there was an Anonymous Post following my last post, but no matter what I do I can't see it. Is it a glitch, or am I missing some stellar content?

new topics

top topics

join