It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RESULTS from Experiment in Alt. Methods of EQ Prediction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We are going to start a results page for the experiment in alternative methods of EQ prediction.
ONLY RESULTS on this page please....

Include a copy of the original prediction or precursor felt or seen, and then the results (link to EQ result page).
Hopefully more and more positive hits will hapeen, and maybe we can start to see a pattern, and with this info, maybe we can actually learn more about EQ prediction, through animals and ourselves as human beings.

Please continue to post feelings, visions, etc on our original post here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by damntheptb
MAY 20 3:15 PM
For the last couple hours i have been getting some very sharp very intense, yet very short pains just below my left rib cage.. I had the same pains before the 4.7, but I cannot remember how long before, but once they hit, I instantly remembered the pains from before....
quake.usgs.gov...
[edit on 20-5-2008 by damntheptb]

This was followed by a post from Charlotte,

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by damntheptb

I find your left rib pains are right on. This is the location and symptom for what I term OCEANIA.. which includes, Australia, New Zealand, Paupa New Guinea, Eastern New Guinea, PNG, New Ireland, and New Britain PNG, as well as the Kermadec Islands. The time ofyour post was 3:15 Approx, I am not sure of your time zone, but there were back to back quakes tonight in Eastern New Guinea PNG.. the timeline was right on and the symptoms/location were as well. Congrats, you seem to be another sensitive. Keep up the good work.
As Kattraxx will tell you, I shared with her that I had the same kind of pains and told her about it tonight. I was not even aware of the quakes having taken place.

Charlotte

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Prediction: Aftershock (A/S) in Peru within 3 days, 3.5-4.0

While I haven't gotten the definitive precursor just yet, I expect it probably tonight. In fact, I didn't even know this particular symptom was a precursor until Charlotte told me yesterday.

[edit on 5/30/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm glad we have this thread...Great way to keep track of things.

Okay, my original prediction was contained within this post from May 28:

For anyone who might not have time to read the whole post the pertinent section was:

Originally posted by JustMike
Locations... If a major seismic event is upcoming soon I feel most concerned for three regions -- and sorry but I can't state my feelings more specifically than "concerned". Japan, especially the southern regions, like Kobe or Takamatsu -- that area mainly...But perhaps off the coast a little ways south. Then over the ocean to Oregon, off the coast from Eugene but bigger than usual 4.5 range that they are known to have there. Then down to California. You asked about the Bay area of Frisco? Well I don't get any specific warning bells ringing and if I did I'd surely tell you. I also have friends there -- including one who used to live with us here in Prague, in fact... No, I'm thinking further south. LA maybe, but perhaps even way down towards San Diego. Yes, Mexico is also possible but mainly in the north-western section of that country. This is because the Gulf of Cal has a fault line running right up the middle. Or should I say, that's why the gulf is there...

(Text bolded here by me for ease of reference.)

A quake of magnitude 5.7 occurred in the southern Japanese Izu islands on May 30, at 07:25:43 UTC:

www.earthquake.usgs.gov...

My feelings regarding the other two regions I mentioned have not changed.

Mike.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a post by Kat on 5-24

Originally posted by kattraxx
reply to post by Sky watcher

I think I'm getting Oregon symptoms this morning.. a particular symptom almost exclusive to Oregon.

and to follow shortly after

an oregon quake

posted on 5/24/2008 @ 04:53 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Here's your oregon one Kat, Just happened, a pretty big one too, a 4.6 off the coast again.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

MAP 4.6 2008/05/24 23:23:07 44.241 -129.306 10.0 413 km (256 mi) WNW of Bandon, OR

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Errrm.... back again... Referring to my post above, and the prediction link in it, there has been another earthquake in Japanese territory, this time a mag. 5.1 in the Ryuku islands about 120 km SSE of Naha, Okinawa. This quake is some distance from the earlier 5.7 but still in southern Japanese waters (which is in my predicted region); it is far enough away from the previous one that it's not an aftershock but new seismic movement on another part of the regional fault system.

USGS reference:

Regards,

Mike

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Thanks, Telafree. I was trying to get around to that eventually.

posted on 5/21/08 @ 04:47 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:
Updating "symptoms".
Headache across eyes now, but mostly in right temple, fairly intense. Mid-back pain, center. Hawaii?

Then:

Small EQ Hawaii

I'm still trying to find the Mexico hit....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on 5/26/08 @ 09:21 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Got a few little aches, a bit confusing, but I'll say Mexico and/or S. Pacific, which is hardly worth mentioning since S. Pacific is always shaking. But more around Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand. We'll see.

Then:

posted on 5/26/08 @ 11:21 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO: reply to post by kattraxx

To heck with it. I've tried to edit in the Mexico EQ on the USGS page about five times; it will preview perfectly, but will not edit/post. Take my word for it; it's on the Experiment thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
As the Japan region got rather seismically busy a couple of days after my prediction, I thought it best to just post links to all the quakes of significance in that area since then.

Original post was on May 28 (2008):

Quakes since this post, in order of appearance:

May 30 07:25:39 UTC, mag 5.7, Izu Islands:

May 30 17:43:06 UTC, mag 5.0, Ryuku Islands:

May 30 18:11:47 UTC, mag 5.1, Ryuku Islands:

June 01 15:58:30 UTC, mag 5.1, Near Honshu:

There have also been some other quakes in the region, below mag 5.0. The quake near the east coast of Honshu on May 31 05:03:33 UTC was originally listed as a 5.0 but was then downgraded to a 4.9:

Other quakes include --

a mag 4.8 off Hokkaido on May 31 06:23:53 UTC:

a mag 4.9 near the east coast of Honshu May 31 14:28:36 UTC (ie a different one from the one mentioned above and further north):

and a mag 4.8 near the east coast of Honshu (yet again) on May 31 07:55:49 UTC. This one was very close to the event that was originally rated a 5.0:

I think that about covers it...

Edit: Hmmm well actually there issomething else worth mentioning. My original prediction on May 28 was posted at 6:32 pm my time (in Prague), which is 16:32 (4:32 pm) UTC. Well as it happens there was a 4.7 quake in eastern Honshu on May 28, at 16:41:59 UTC (6:41:59 pm my time), which if we don't care too much about one second, was ten minutes after my post...

It's an interesting correlation that I add mainly for interest/conjecture: I did not specifically state "Honshu" and was more concerned about the regions of Japan that are further south from there, but all the same, a mag 4.7 only ten minutes after a post is something to wonder about.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Back in this post on May 31 I said to look for quake activity inland in Alaska. I gave the region as "especially around the Denali fault region. (Approx 63 deg N, 144 to 148 W.)"

The mag. 4.1 quake in Alaska on June 2, with USGS details here was located 38 km (24 miles) W (265°) from Denali National Park, with co-ordinates of 63.622°N, 149.595°W. This is within the 72-hour time window I predicted and very close to the co-ordinates as well. So, I'm going to respectfully submit (with cap in hand) that I can claim a hit on this one -- even though I was expecting a mag 5.0 or bigger.

Also, the mag. 4.7 quake off the coast of Oregon does actually fit with the prediction I made on May 28. I stated it would be larger than a 4.5 and off the coast from Eugene, OR. So I'll take that as a hit as well...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Very nice hit indeed, keep the positive feedback flowing, And to all who are not getting any hits, dont worry, they will come with time, and you might be feeling or seeing a certain area, when it really is happening elsewhere... You just have to see the patterns and that are being formed in front of you.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Thank you also for your support, which is a real blessing. This is the best way of maintaining and sharing information and I wish I had thought of it myself! (I wish I'd known of ATS a couple of years earlier too...)

And you are very right about this being something that can take time. It is definitely a learning process; it's a combination of observing what's around us from as many sources as possible, and listening to ourselves...and not being afraid to be wrong. Because being wrong is not failure and should never be viewed that way, it's just another part of the process of learning.

Mike

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
posted on 6/4/08 @ 08:38 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

I believe I'm getting Japan or China a lot this morning; they're very similar, so I'm still trying to figure out which is more obvious. Japan is more of an intuition.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japan EQ

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hakii posted on 6/4/08 @ 11:17 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

After reflecting again on some of the dreams, I am going to say since i was shown a coastline, Japan and, or south west coast line. . . thats just my gut telling me. And possibly one in our heartland Central states.

06/05/08

Illinois EQ

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Kattraxx posted on 6/5/08 @ 09:51 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

This morning... still getting Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japan 5.0/downgraded to 4.8, Izu Islands

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
damntheptb posted on 6/5/08 @ 09:59 AM single this post "quote" REPLY TO:

Morning Kattraxx, my ears have been ringing a solid tone all morning... mainly in my right ear, but at times it is equal in both...

I had a short jab below my left ribs about 15 minutes ago, but it is gone now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solomon Islands, 5.1, 06/05/08 at 8:42 pm PDT

Left rib pain-- South Pacific

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Kattraxx posted on 6/5/08 @ 12:37 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

While the precursors are somewhat confusing today, I think they best fit the Wasatch/New Madrid system, which includes Yellowstone. I'm still feeling Japan too.

I think there may be some SF bay area mixed in here too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SF Bay, 3.5, 06/06 2:02

It's small, but I'm noting it because it's been so quiet there lately.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Kattraxx posted on 06/06/08:

I did have a little S. America precursor this morning, nothing huge, so probably Peru or Chile A/S or offshore A/S.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peru 6/7/08, 5.2

I had the same little precursor this morning at about 7:00 a.m. again.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Kattraxx posted on 6/8/08 @ 08:10 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

The house is still creaking and popping and in the past half hour, I've felt a couple little movements while sitting here, and the Reno precursors that Char speaks of are getting to me right now.

Reno swarm picking up significantly

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hey Katt, I haven't went to the other thread yet, but I am stunned, I read this, you guys having rib pain and ringing ears, and I am just amazed. I made a doctor's appointment today, because I am having pain just below my breast in my ribs, it is relentless, for 8 days now, it feels like I just cannot relax that area, and it is uncomfortable sitting , standing, lying, and my ears are ringing, they pretty much always do ( previous injury) but it changed, I remember the moment it did and it went to a deeper tone. I am nowhere near Nevada, in case I haven't said it before I am in NW GA. But we have had some nearby quake events recently, you probably caught that on one of the earthquake reporting sites. Ok, so I am going now to read on the other thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join