It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons not a secret society

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh God here we go again. Another mason vs. anti-mason thread. I think Freemasonry is still a secret society but due to the huge public interest in Freemasonry. It is not nearly as secretive as it used to be. While public attention is mostly on Freemasonry. There are other groups of vastly more importance. Masonry was originally founded on Christian morals. But in the 1800s it was reformed to more of a pagan system. Freemasonry has served its purpose. To create a smoke screen for what's really important.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djmuddy80
There are black mason members in my lodge and infact there is a group of masons that broke away and have only black members.

Are there a lot of high level black Masons that you know of? Just a question.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection

Originally posted by djmuddy80
There are black mason members in my lodge and infact there is a group of masons that broke away and have only black members.

Are there a lot of high level black Masons that you know of? Just a question.

Just a couple things here. First, I dont think that this is Mason vs. Anti-Mason. I don't look at things this way, you have to look at the evil individuals not the group. I don't like George W. Bush, but I don't hate all republicans. Anyhow, i don't agree with the "pagan" morals comment. In order to become a mason you have to believe in a higher being, be it the Christian God or the Jewis God or whatever religion. Also, I do not know of many high level black masons. I do know that there are not as many black masons and there are white. Whether it is right or wrong, i think we can find such a trend in more than Free Masons. How many CEO's of fortune 500 companies are black in comparison to how many are white? Interesting question though that I will be looking into. If I EVER found ANY racist undertones, I would quit.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
djmuddy80:

So true. I could not have said it better myself. I feel quite strongly that pesent day masonry is nothing more than a good-natured philosophy, veiled in secret as tradition dictates, and explained by symbols. Maybe, at one time, there were masons with agendas, but IMHO, no longer. There have been allegations that Masonry has been infiltrated by other societies in the past, trying to hide their agendas. There have been some bad folks who have been members. Please don't count Masonry out just because of a few black marks on the record. We're good folks, and while I cannot speak for every Mason, "we mean you no harm".
No world domination, no evil conspiracy.

BTW, it has been said many times on this website that you must be invited to be a Mason, and they only take white men. That is incorrect. I walked in off of the street. I didn't know a soul in there, nor was any of my immediate extended family masons. Furthermore, any religion or race is allowed, as long as you believe in a god. How secret is that? If you want to find out, all you have to do is ask. Simple as that.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them as well. I will monitor this post for a while.

CT

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptic Triptych
djmuddy80:

So true. I could not have said it better myself. I feel quite strongly that pesent day masonry is nothing more than a good-natured philosophy, veiled in secret as tradition dictates, and explained by symbols. Maybe, at one time, there were masons with agendas, but IMHO, no longer. There have been allegations that Masonry has been infiltrated by other societies in the past, trying to hide their agendas. There have been some bad folks who have been members. Please don't count Masonry out just because of a few black marks on the record. We're good folks, and while I cannot speak for every Mason, "we mean you no harm".
No world domination, no evil conspiracy.

BTW, it has been said many times on this website that you must be invited to be a Mason, and they only take white men. That is incorrect. I walked in off of the street. I didn't know a soul in there, nor was any of my immediate extended family masons. Furthermore, any religion or race is allowed, as long as you believe in a god. How secret is that? If you want to find out, all you have to do is ask. Simple as that.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them as well. I will monitor this post for a while.

CT

Cryptic-

So glad that you agree. One thing that I did want to mention in my post before that you touched on is that you are not supposed to be asked to be a mason. You are supposed to inquite upon it and join on your own will, meaning that one must aproach a mason in order to start the ball rolling.

I think many people believe that you have to be asked by a Mason or be related to one. Not the case.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cardsharp
And what is the true agenda?

why don't you ask them? oh.. thats right... they won't tell you because its a secret!

good point

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Okay, I was doing some reading and I cam across something that soooo makes sense in this discussion.
Freemasonry in and of itself is NOT part of the core group that run the world.
The illuminati does, however find men with the right mindset and bloodlines in the freemasons. So, it is the levels above 33rd degree mason that are involved. At that point you would be a freemason who is also in the illuminati, or the round table, or othr group.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Okay, I was doing some reading and I cam across something that soooo makes sense in this discussion.
The illuminati does, however find men with the right mindset and bloodlines in the freemasons. So, it is the levels above 33rd degree mason that are involved. At that point you would be a freemason who is also in the illuminati, or the round table, or othr group.

your right in some parts but Freemasonry does contain "hush,hush" areas. You try asking any mason at any level about what happens in meetings, rituals etc they will tell you its a secret! Freemasonry has this nice, peaceful, public face but deep down its far from that.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not saying the masons don't have their little secret areas. I think what I am saying is the masons are like the recruiting part of the secret societies. Getting into the secrecy thing, and whatever else they do at those meetings. Seeing how a guy will react under certain conditions.
So, some of the guys in the upper levels will have to be in on it. They would be the ones who were also in some other group, like CFR. They would be mentoring potential candidates for bigger-and-better-secrets.

Hell, my union meetings were a secret. If you didnt' go, they would NOT tell you what happened, LOL.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

your right in some parts but Freemasonry does contain "hush,hush" areas. You try asking any mason at any level about what happens in meetings, rituals etc they will tell you its a secret! Freemasonry has this nice, peaceful, public face but deep down its far from that.

Why shouldnt the context of a mason meeting be secret? I wouldn't expect Bill Gates to tell me what happened in the board meeting this morning nor would I expect you to tell me of your personal life if I have nothing to do with it. We are not ruling the world, we are a bunch of guys who are respecting a tradition of secrecy. We have our meeting, we B.S. for a while, We eat some dinner and we go home........it's not like we are planning world domination. I am all for conspiracy theory, but don't accuse people of being bad or underhanded just because you don't know everything about the group.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So, it is the levels above 33rd degree mason that are involved.

There are no levels higher than the 3rd degree.
And there are no side levels other than the 33.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Okay, I wasn't clear here. Those who fit the criteria move upward to other societies, such as the Illuminati, in effect they are the next degree of masonry.
Being a Mason is preparatory to other groups with other agendas. Not saying that most members have any knowledge of these goings on, of course.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm confused about masons here..and sorry if its been explained already. I'm new heh. What is the point to joining them for one thing? Is it like some frat or what. The descriptions seem to be jumpy from secret society that has their 'secret' rituals to some kind of religion with temples, and then gives me the impression of a frat or something. Ellaborate alittle bit as to what the purpose of becoming a mason is..

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

So, it is the levels above 33rd degree mason that are involved.

There are no levels higher than the 3rd degree.
And there are no side levels other than the 33.

What about the Memphis-Misraim degrees?

Memphis-Misraim

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Nothing whatsoever to do with regular freemasonry dude.

You have to remember that there are literally hundreds of groups out there that claim that they are masonic. Regular freemasonry doesn't recognise any of them and keeps them at arms length precisely because they may be mistaken for being the same thing.

And I repeat, the highest degree that any freemason can reach is the 3rd degree. Within masonry itself, it is known as The Sublime Degree.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I also know a black male who is a mason. I must say he has done very well for himself in the past few years. Went from nothing to everything. Mason's sure do stick together where affluency is concerned.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Nothing whatsoever to do with regular freemasonry dude.

You have to remember that there are literally hundreds of groups out there that claim that they are masonic. Regular freemasonry doesn't recognise any of them and keeps them at arms length precisely because they may be mistaken for being the same thing.

And I repeat, the highest degree that any freemason can reach is the 3rd degree. Within masonry itself, it is known as The Sublime Degree.

Just because these rights aren't "within Masonry themselves" or "regular Freemasonry"; doesn't make them any less Masonic.

And Memphis-Misraim is recognised as not being a 'pseudo-lodge' even if it isn't "regular FreeMasonry".

There probably are pseudo lodges who claim to be Memphis-Misraim though.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Just because these rights aren't "within Masonry themselves" or "regular Freemasonry"; doesn't make them any less Masonic.

And Memphis-Misraim is recognised as not being a 'pseudo-lodge' even if it isn't "regular FreeMasonry".

There probably are pseudo lodges who claim to be Memphis-Misraim though.

That's a pretty misleading statement. By your thinking any organisation that wishes to call itself masonic could do so and be recognised as being linked to regular freemasonry.
You look at soccer and tennis as being the same game just because they both use a round ball, do you? Maybe you could generalise by saying that they are both a sport but even then you are talking about vast differences. For example, yachting is a sport, yet it hardly bears any resemblance to football does it?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Did you read any of the links I posted in my initial response?

The first few should show that Memphis-Misraim is not recognized as being a fake Masonic Rite.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was first told about free mason...illuminatti... when I was in highschool (now about to graduate College). Actually the teacher told the whole class, (the teacher was the smartest teacher I had) . He said that the free masons are real and out there, and be weary. He saw the world heading towards a new world order (centralized power etc) he was about 65, last year of teaching before retirement. Here's some of the quotes he used that stucked with me... "If you dont stand for something , you'll fall for anything" "Without struggle, there is no growth" BTW he's a lefty and so am I, and I believe leftys are in a elite society of their own

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by MXL360]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join