It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons not a secret society

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If masons were a secret society, then why would they meet at a building that
the public can see.

Why would they identify themsevels as masons?

Why would they donate money to charities?

Why would they wear jewelry that showed everyone they were a mason?

If a society was to be secret, they would not meet in public places, donate
money, they would ask people to become members.

From my understanding anyone can become a mason. they just have to ask someone that they would like to be a mason.

Masons are just like a big group of older boy scouts.

What are all your thoughts

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i've spoken to a freemason a few weeks ago and when i said "secret society" he quickly told me that the masons are not. So i asked him what do they do for rituals,meetings,etc and he said ..."thats a secret"

sooo their not a secret society, just 90% of it is secret...errmm great logic Mr.Mason

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well, gee, one could make that argument for the Masons, the Knights of Columbus, the Rosicrucians and on and on.

Sure, at ground level, they are just your run-of-the-mill fraternal organization. Doing good, haviang conventions, haviang fish fries.
But, above street level is the secret part. Consider the lower echelon the front for the true agenda of the organization.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
And what is the true agenda?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
no one knows cause its a secret, they make out to be "friendly" but some masons act "weird". Im think its power cause the top masons have some of the powerful jobs in the world.....Blair,Bush,Clinton and majority of political world are masons.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cardsharp
From my understanding anyone can become a mason. they just have to ask someone that they would like to be a mason.

It's been my understanding that only white men can become masons, especially the 'men' part. I thought that I wasn't eligible because I'm female.

It's funny you made this thread because I was just thinking about it while visiting the bank. There was a vehicle in front of mine that had a bumper sticker. The sticker read, "Freemasonry helps build America". There were a number of other stickers with masonic symbols.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

It's been my understanding that only white men can become masons, especially the 'men' part. I thought that I wasn't eligible because I'm female.

It's funny you made this thread because I was just thinking about it while visiting the bank. There was a vehicle in front of mine that had a bumper sticker. The sticker read, "Freemasonry helps build America". There were a number of other stickers with masonic symbols.

only white male can join, every heard the term "a group of white men rule the world" its likely to be true. You have to be "invited" by a mason so you can join cause the masons come for you not you go to them. Freemason didn't build America they ARE America

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, et al were Masons.

So, our country was founded by masons, and it continues to today.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If they are not a secret seocity, why is the list of there members secret?

If they are not a secret seocity, why do they make you take an oath of secrecy, with the threat of burrying your tounge at a sacred spot somewhere on the east coast?

If they are not a secret seocity, why don't you get me some pictures of the inside of there ritual rooms?

Masons built and run the country.

p.s. Donations are tax wright-offs

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Iis it true that Masons from the 4th degree up are involved in the black occult?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Iis it true that Masons from the 4th degree up are involved in the black occult?

TgSoe, well its believed that devil worshipping and black arts are involved in the freemason elite, but no one knows if its true. If it is true, it will be very unlikely if you find any info about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wgatenson
If they are not a secret seocity, why is the list of there members secret?

If they are not a secret seocity, why do they make you take an oath of secrecy, with the threat of burrying your tounge at a sacred spot somewhere on the east coast?

If they are not a secret seocity, why don't you get me some pictures of the inside of there ritual rooms?

Masons built and run the country.

p.s. Donations are tax wright-offs

If I can understand what you are saying through the twisted jumble of illiteracy, I will answer your questions.

There is a list of freemasons. Within Europe, governments have access to those lists and actively discriminate against freemasons over employment opportunities. For example, in my country you will not be accepted into local government in many places if you are a freemason.

The oath that is taken is merely an oath not to disclose the passwords or the signs. There is no oath taken that says that a freemason cannot discuss anything else about the craft. The ancient oath that describes the tongue being buried on a beach is symbolic and nothing more. You are even told that it is symbolic when you take it.

You can find many pictures of freemasons temples on the internet. There is no rule that says a freemason cannot have a photograph of his temple or show it to others. To tell the truth though, the temples aren't that interesting after you have sat in them for a while.

Yes, masons did help build the US. Many of the signatories to the Constitution were freemasons. Many of the people who created US society were freemasons. Look at what that Constitution is based on and you can see that this is hardly a thing to whine about.
Freemasons have also been at the forefront of modern science and created The Royal Society. Most of Western society has been built with the help of freemasons.

Yes, the tax is reclaimable on a charitable donation but if you give to the local cat's home, it's reclaimable too. Why should it be any different for masons? If the law changed and nobody got tax relief then neither would masons.

The old chestnut that freemasonry is Satanic at it's higher levels is just used by people who can't pick holes in it any other way. They state that "lower ranking" masons, who are in a far better position to know the truth than any accuser, are ignorant of any deeper meaning.
Finally to those who say that Freemasonry does not accept black people - utter and total trash. This statement, has been made before and it really is time to put it to rest. The ignorance expressed by this accusation is probably one of the worst falsehoods I have seen made about freemasonry. ANY man can be a freemason as long as he is a decent person and over 21.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
leveller:
I do realize that my spelling is horable. To say that there oaths of secrecy are just "symbolisim" seems a little off-base to me.

I found a transcript of an Initiation or whatever...

I, _____ _______, of my own free will and accord, in the presence of Almighty God and this Worshipful Loge of Master Masons, erected to Him and dedicated to the memory of the Holy Saints John, do hereby and hereon solemnly and sincerely promise and swear that I will keep and conceal and never reveal any of the secrets belonging to the Degree of Master Mason, which I have received, am about to receive, or may hereafter instructed in, to any person unless it shall be to a worthy Brother Master Mason, or within the body of a just and duly constituted lodge of such, and not unto him by due trial, strict examination, or lawful Masonic information, I shall have found him or them justly entitled to receive the same.......

..To all of which I do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, without any hesitiation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind in me whatsoever; binding myself under no less than a penalty than that of having my body severed in twain, my bowles taken thence, and with my body burned to ashes, and the ashes therof scattered to the four winds of Heaven.....

www.ephesians5-11.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Leveller~~
I don't know, if that is the oath taken by a freemason initiate, it sure looks a lot more secret and serious than revealing passwords and other such trivialities.
Besides this oath, is there an accompanying ceremony, with men in black garb, perhaps?

We can also assume from your comments that women are NOT allowed???

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
About a week ago my cousin mentioned secret societies and organizations to me. He asked me if I knew anything about them. Of course I mentioned all the info. posted on ATS daily about such societies, but then he mentioned something very unusual. He told me that his grandpa whom I've known for most of my life, is a mason and has been for about thirty years already. He told me that it wasn't anything easy to become a part of. That was all that we mentioned to one another....but now I'm thinking about asking him more about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Leveller~~
I don't know, if that is the oath taken by a freemason initiate, it sure looks a lot more secret and serious than revealing passwords and other such trivialities.
Besides this oath, is there an accompanying ceremony, with men in black garb, perhaps?

We can also assume from your comments that women are NOT allowed???

The black garb is no more than a regular pair of trousers and a jacket. A suit just like anyone else would wear.
I have taken the oath and can assure you that it is not to be taken literally. As I said, it is symbolic and the only secret are the password and signs which are supposed to make you recognisable to other masons. You have to remeber that this part of the ceremonies dates back to the Dark Ages when freemasons were persecuted. If a freemason revealed himself he could cause the downfall of a lot of his brother members. Even though the oath sounds horrible it was merely written in this way to give it impact - it's just like a mother telling her kids that the birds will eat their tongues if they keep rudely sticking them out. It isn't going to happen but it's got impact.

Women are not allowed into regular freemasonry with men but there is a woman's masonic society in it's own right.

www.hfaf.org...

Jeffrey. Ask him. That's the only way you are going to find out about it. There is absolutely no reason why your grandfather shouldn't give you the details. If you get no joy from him, pop along to your local lodge and ask there. You will find that all you had to do was ask.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
My 32 degree ex-inlaw doesn't even know what astral meditation is. Since that is way up front in the practice of witchcraft I seriously doubt that Masons of all Lodges are practicing witchcraft. Maybe you have to express an interest in those things to advance in them I guess I don't know.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have been a Mason for about two years and anyone can feel free to ask me any questions if you are interested. I can tell you that it is a secret society in ritual alone. By this I mean that our rituals and ceremonies are to stay between us and not for anyone else, but it's not like we are planing world domination, it is mostly just discussion of new members.

One thing that was said that really makes me mad is that it is for white men only. If that were so and if I ever found that to be true, I would leave the organization very quickly. There are black mason members in my lodge and infact there is a group of masons that broke away and have only black members. Not because of any exclusion. Also, women can't join, but like most male organizations, there is a sister society, The Eastern Star. Do some research on that too.

I am only 23 and open minded, I would never be part of something that was wicked or underhanded. Just a bunch of harmless old guys.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Leveller and djmuddy80,
would you guys even know if there were a group within the group. Like you regular guys are like, regular guys, and the secret, conspiracy part is "in the back room", consisting of member culled from your ranks??????

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I highly doubt it, but I can't speak for all Masonic Lodge's across the world. My father is a past Worshipful Master, one of the finest men I know and my best friend, he would not only be aware of such a thing within our lodge, but also have no part of it. I think that when we talk about the power of the Free Mason and the conspiracy, we need to look further in the past, not as much or at all today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join