It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a UFO(need an experts opinion)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hello everyone, want some feedback on what I saw last night. I was out having a smoke before bed last night looking at the stars for shooting stars and satelites. I'm looking up and all of a sudden I see a bright flash(about 2 -3 times brighter tan average star) then nothing. The falshes were about every 5-10 seconds(too slow for a plane) and once I figure out it's general direction I could see its light glow and movement. As it moved north the flashes got weaker and faded away.(about less than a minute total) I figured that it must be a satelite spinning and reflecting the sun, my logical explaination for it. Never seen just a flash though, usually gradually brighter then dim aaway.

Then less than 30 seconds later I see what I believed to be another satelite coming back in the exact opposite direction. I followed it and after a few seconds it slowed to almost a complete stop then started to turn. I was amazed at this point as it turned and did almost a figure eight type maneuver then started heading east where it faded away.(no longer in a position that the sun would reflect it well enough to see) once it slowed it almost had a red tinge to it.

I don't believe satelites have te capabilities to maneuver like this, so this is why I'm asking if other star gazers have an explanation for this?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I figured I'd add another detail since I was pretty vague on movement. Once it started turning it was not over a large distance, it was very tight (if you put your thumb and forefinger together to make a circle and held it out as far from you as possible; the maneuvers would of happened in this area.) The speed varied through these turns slightly, and each time it turned it didn't appear to be the same arch.

Is this possible by any human technology?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not an expert but certainly interested.. Where did you see this from? Couple nights ago I saw some strange orange lights zip across the sky.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm up in western Canada. After 11 MST. The sun goes down pretty late here, which is why I saw the sun reflecting so well at this time, and why when it left this area that offered good reflection it faded out of sight.(my logic behind it anyway)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Did it have any continuous lights on it? A couple of months ago I saw a thing with a ridiculous strobe light on what I guess was its front pass over my car in western Washington. It also had a very pretty solid red light on its underside too. It flew in a slow straight line and did nothing spectacular. It looked like it had multiple strobes that fired rapidly every five seconds or so and was impossible not to see.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This was at the height of satelites from my perspective. The light had a red tinge once it slowed down and started maneuvering around. Too far away to notice any details. The flashing from before was a bright white light, do satelites even spin?(which was close to looking at a camera flash, very bright and quick)

This was an amazing experience and I am hoping someone has seen somethig similar high up in orbit that can confirm or debunk what it could of been. If it's the technology we have now.... I want one. That thing could move.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by airteck]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ever since my own sighting of the same thing last year I've been watching mufon's and nuforc's "latest sightings" pages and have noticed alot of people reporting this.

Objects in the night sky that seem to flash for a few seconds.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by bseven]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
airtech - sounds a bit like my sighting of Sept 24, 2007. When you see something flying and it stops and changes direction a few times, including reversing, you know you're seeing something "very interesting". Planes don't do that. Satellites cannot do that since they only travel in one direction and don't jump around.

Report it to mufon.com and nuforc.org and maybe compare notes with other sightings on the same night. mufon.com is good since it is up to the minute in terms of the search capability. nuforc.org's sighting history is usually a few weeks behind any new reports (I guess Peter D. does review all the incoming items).

Until you see one of these things, you really can be skeptical. But once you see one, you kind of know that they're out there.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was thrilled to finally hear from someone who re-enforced my thoughts that it wasn't some high tech satelite and that it was something more. Thanks for your responses.

If you have seen something similar..... do you think it's possible that we have the technology to have craft that can maneuver like that at that altitude and speed? If we do you would think they would be a little more covert about it.

top topics

join