It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden (a.k.a. CIA asset “Tim Osman”) Speaks from Grave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RomanMaroni

So comparing a defense budget to another defense budget is comparing apples to oranges. Ok. I used Israel's budget because supposedly they share the same threats as we do. I'm not really sure how the interrogation process factors into the $550 billion more we spend.

Yes, comparing the defense budget of a country that would be our fourth-largest state, by square mileage, is comparing apples to oranges.

Why do you keep saying "$550 billion"? Were we spending $550 billion on defense in the mid-90s?

The president's speech you refer to, are you talking about the one where he said, "You're either with us or you're with the terrorists?" Brilliant. If you are holding GW to his words, then I guess we have many other countries to invade. Right after those speeches, I remember Hamas being blamed for a couple attacks in Israel. So why then did we go to Iraq, when we had a group so willing to openly attack. Weird. The Iraq war was never about terrorism. And I knew the War on Terrorism wasn't about terrorism when we decided to unConstitutionally invade Iraq, instead of doing job 1: Getting Bin Laden.

Are you saying that you support the US invading Iran, Syria, and Palestine? There are a lot of rumors flying around that bin Laden is hiding out in Pakistan, how about them?

Please give some examples of radical Islam that goes way back.

The Barbary pirates, also sometimes called Ottoman corsairs, were Muslim pirates and privateers that operated from North Africa, from the time of the Crusades until the early 19th century. Based in Tunis, Tripoli, Algiers, Salé and ports in Morocco, they preyed on Christian and other non-Islamic shipping in the western Mediterranean Sea. Wiki

Maybe those guys were mad because we were meddling in their business also.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Boone my $550 billion was in reference to my earlier post comparing Israel and America's last years defense budget. And I was also referring to overseas intelligence. The discussion is defense budgets not each country's size. Griff's post earlier showed the defense budget. You should just refer to that instead of asking me.

No Boone I don't support invading Syria, Iran or Palestine. What I do support is our Constitution. I guess you didn't understand that I was showing the hypocrisy that is the war on terror. We were supposedly after terrorists, yet we ignored highly publicized terror attacks, and went on into Iraq. But as you already know Boone, we had to go find those 500 outdated munitions from the 80's that posed imminent danger to the US homeland. Mission Accomplished there. I would however support going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden. I would still like to see the evidence we have that shows his guilt in 9/11. We are yet to see any of that.

I guess if the Barbary Pirates were Muslim extremists, then that would make the American slave traders Christian extremists. Didn't the Barbary Pirates begin around the time the Crusades began? I believe they were a response to the Muslims being slaughtered by the Europeans. I will have to go back and refresh my memory on that. So in a way, I guess they were mad because people were meddling in their affairs.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RomanMaroni

Boone my $550 billion was in reference to my earlier post comparing Israel and America's last years defense budget. And I was also referring to overseas intelligence. The discussion is defense budgets not each country's size. Griff's post earlier showed the defense budget. You should just refer to that instead of asking me.

Thanks for the clarification.

Allow me to clarify my reason for comparing each country's size. If the United States only had to defend 8500 square miles and one short coast, maybe your apples to oranges comparison would actually be apples to apples.

Below is a list of intelligence agencies that would have been effected by defense budget cuts because they fall under the umbrella of the United States Department of Defense

Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency
Military Intelligence
Defense Intelligence Agency
Marine Corps Intelligence Activity
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
National Reconnaissance Office
National Security Agency
Office of Naval Intelligence

The budgets of the above agencies are all classified. If you believe that George Tenet was covering his a** while testifying to the 9/11 Commission, then you should contact the appropriate members of Congress who were members of the intelligence committees that were responsible for oversight to see if he is lying.

No Boone I don't support invading Syria, Iran or Palestine. What I do support is our Constitution. I guess you didn't understand that I was showing the hypocrisy that is the war on terror. We were supposedly after terrorists, yet we ignored highly publicized terror attacks, and went on into Iraq. But as you already know Boone, we had to go find those 500 outdated munitions from the 80's that posed imminent danger to the US homeland. Mission Accomplished there.

Why do you continuously ignore the fact that Iraq did not account for the destruction of chemical and biological weapons that they had stockpiled in the 1980s?

We did not go to war strictly for the WMD's that we believe Iraq manufactured after the first Gulf War. Hussein agreed to destroy his WMD's as part of the cease-fire and allow the United Nations in so that they could account for their destruction. He did not, therefore, we are at war.

I would however support going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden. I would still like to see the evidence we have that shows his guilt in 9/11. We are yet to see any of that.

Bin Laden has already been indicted for his role in the Africa embassy bombings in 1998, if we ever catch him I'm sure he'll be indicted for his role in 9/11.

Personally, I believe his confession and those of KSM and Ramzi bin al-shibh.

I guess if the Barbary Pirates were Muslim extremists, then that would make the American slave traders Christian extremists. Didn't the Barbary Pirates begin around the time the Crusades began? I believe they were a response to the Muslims being slaughtered by the Europeans. I will have to go back and refresh my memory on that. So in a way, I guess they were mad because people were meddling in their affairs.

I think that you will find Islam was responsible for the overwhelming majority of the slave trade in northern Africa and it existed a very long time before Europeans showed up there.

The only meddling that the US did along the Barbary Coast was stomping their butts into the dirt and effectively ending the north African slave trade, along with the French.

Maybe those Islamic extremist were mad at us because we didn't buy their slaves.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join