It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telecom Companies in Cahoots with Illegal Bush Administration Surveillance Programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Telecom Companies in Cahoots with Illegal Bush Administration Surveillance Programs

www.globalresearch.ca

Behind closed doors, House and Senate negotiators are "are closing in on a deal" with the White House over illegal government domestic spying, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

Touted as a "compromise" and a "major breakthrough" by both Democrats and Republicans, the deal would "would kick the issue to a secret national-security court. Earlier versions of the legislation wanted to grant telecom companies blanket retroactive immunity from lawsuits," Siobhan Gorman avers.

However, according to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a civil liberties group representing plaintiffs in Hepting vs. AT&T, brought by AT&T customers in the wake of revelations of massive domestic spying by the Bush administration and their "private" partners in the telecom industry, the congressional "compromise" is a monumental fraud:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just when I thought that Congress actually had a spine! I can't believe that anyone in his or her right mind could call this anything other than a sellout! More secret courts? Secret documents?

Ugh! I'm disgusted!

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Another good catch Scarlett...Starred and Flagged.

I can't even act suprised over this type of stuff anymore, it's becoming so routine. Nevertheless, it always gives me a sinking, disgusted feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach. These people-every last one of them-should be tried for treason against this nation.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I wonder how many other instances of retroactive immunity have been granted...good find, starred and flagged.

You know...I think this stuff is more important than the whole election process....because it's happening now and none of the candidates are even addressing these issues.

Suggests further that maybe it doesn't really matter who gets to call themselves POTUS...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is how people loose their rights, behind close doors with secret meetings.

I don't see the need of been discussing this behind close doors if only to protect the Telecomm's from a backlash. This stuff just makes my head explodes, the people in charge to legislate for the people legislating in favor of big business. Do we really have anyone in D.C. looking out for us.

This to me has been the most blatant disregard of citizens rights this government had comitted since the 70's and the most outerageous thing about it is that they are sweeping it under the rug right in our face.

I wonder why this is not getting the coverage it deserves. What a slap in the face. They say that the military goes out to fight for our rights by the time this administration is gone there would be no more rights to protect.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Bunch]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I have to agree. The people think that the biggest deal is what Obama or Hillary says in passing when the truth is that the problem is what they are NOT saying.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
I wonder why this is not getting the coverage it deserves. What a slap in the face. They say that the military goes out to fight for our rights by the time this administration is gone there would be no more rights to protect.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Bunch]

The media is not reporting on this because they don't have the power to. Remember that the media conglomerates and the telecomm's have plenty of mutual interests. The owners watch out for each other.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Secret National Security Court?

How unconstitutional can we get?

top topics

join