It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Series cancelled too soon - your nominations?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Not sure which to nominate in first place Firefly or a Veronica Mars - both intelligent and cancelled while they still had a lot of potential.

Okay, Firefly had a slightly bizarre plot line, with its genre mix of western and sci-fi - but it was carried out in an amusing and well-written way.

As for Veronica Mars, the extended trailer for the potential series of Veronica Mars FBI looked like something I'd have enjoyed.

Any other nominations?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Invasion from a year ago. That season saw several new shows based on aliens (possibly) being among us. The show was amazing and was building a nice audience, then went on one of thos moronic two month hiatuses and the audience was gone.

www.imdb.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've got two nominations for this one.

First and foremost is Farscape, i would have liked to see at least 5 seasons out of this. I know they tried to placate us fans with a movie to end the series but i wasn't happy with 2 hours of closure i needed a final season.

Second is John Doe, they left us with a cliff hanger ending to the first season when John finds out the guy running the Phoenix organization is his buddy and local bartender.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think Journey Man & Traveler have both bit the bullet, which is disappointing because I thought both shows were great. Friday Night Lights has managed two seasons and I am hoping comes back for a third. Another great show that is struggling to find its time slot.

I hate when good shows are canceled because they can't find the right time slot.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Inside. The show was on during the summer of 2005. I watched it every week. Then it got cancelled. Sucks when the good shows get cancelled.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Jericho. Great show, and it did have somewhat of a conclusion, but you could tell that they just skipped a lot of story that was already in place and condensed it into 1 or 2 episodes.

Invasion was another good one that I saw a few episodes of and then it disappeared.

I wish they would cancel 99% of the reality shows out there and bring back some decent TV. *sigh*

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to agree on this one.

I think Invasion and Jericho were two of the best shows I've ever seen on television....ever. How I wouldn't love to have them both back.

On a slightly different note, I was incredibly fond of the show, The Knights of Prosperity that was on a couple years ago.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A TV series back in 1990 called Nasty Boys.

IMDB

Dennis Franz before he hit it big with NYPD Blue.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Easy question.

Carnivale and Rome. Both only went for 2 seasons, and were the best damned shows I've ever seen.

I LOOOOOVE HBO drama.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Journey Man was canceled to early
also i really wanted to know what would happen in 4400 but the canceled that when it started to get really intresting

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I agree I would have liked to see Rome continue for a while. Awesome show. I liked Invasion as well.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Journeyman...it was getting really good and then because of the writers strike it got cancelled.
Also, Veronica Mars, its my all time favourite show and I would have at least liked for it to be wrapped up.
Roswell is another one I would of like to of seen go for another season.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by carpediem__x]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Firefly
Rome
Dead like me
Enterprise
Dresden Files
Century City

Probably not on alot of folks lists, but I was enjoying these :O)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm also going to add the original Star Trek. I think this could and should have gone for longer.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
"Threshold" and "Karen Sisco". Both starred Carla Gugino. The first she played a psychologist and was part of a secret government group trying to stop an alien invasion. I liked it better than "Invasion", though that was really good, too. The second she played a U.S. Marshall who was very good at tracking down fugitives. This one was really hard boiled for TV. Included Robert Forster as her private eye father. Great dialogue. I think it was based on an Elmore Leonard character.

I like Carla Gugino.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have to agree with the Invasion and Jericho sentiments. Excellent shows with good characters. Too bad they were canceled. I DVR'd them faithfully.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That old show "Roar," which first introduced me to the hotness that was Heath Ledger. I loved that show when I was in high school.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
although it wasnt cacelled, The Wire...one of the greatest shows ever, I wish it was still on

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Definately agree with Firefly, was a great series. I think however the worst cancellation ever has to be for Space: Above & Beyond, I loved that series despite getting canned after the 1st season it was great, such a travesty. Another shameful cancellation was Futurama, such a shame it got cancelled when they carry on with the Simpson which was so much more inferior. Stargate SG:1 could have probably gone on for much longer too but was probably for the best they cancelled it while it was still good instead of turning it into something like Stargate: Atlantis

Oooooh and how could I forget Dark Skies, really enjoyed that series

[edit on 13/7/08 by Discotech]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join