It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear agency accuses Iran of willful lack of cooperation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nuclear agency accuses Iran of willful lack of cooperation

www.iht.com

"The Iranians are certainly being confronted with some pretty strong evidence of a nuclear weapons program and they are being petulant and defensive," said David Albright, a former weapons inspector who now runs the Institute for Science and International Security. "The report lays out what the agency knows and it is very damning. I've never seen it laid out quite like this."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is more evidence that Iran is not being truthful about it's nuclear ambitions. Since they are lying about actually building a nuclear weapon, I wonder what else they are lying about? Why would they lie if it's only for 'peaceful' reasons?

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If I paid someone enough money I could get them to say with conviction the Earth was flat and was also the center of the universe.

Leave the sovereign nation alone already.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by metro
If I paid someone enough money I could get them to say with conviction the Earth was flat and was also the center of the universe.

So you are saying that the U.S. is 'paying off' the nuclear agency to promote it's agenda? If so, care to provide some proof or is this just your fantasy wishful thinking because you refuse to accept the truth.

BTW, way to comment on the story at hand.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

No I am not saying they are paying off anybody.

I'm sure the guy is doing it for free just to keep his job.
But seriously, the only fantasy thinking here is that Iran poses a threat to anyone whatsoever.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
A number of things

1. On any given day, the UN And IAEA are curropt, uninformed and illequiped to do anything... but, when they back up the United States agenders, they seem to get headlines, and their statements are forced down our throats.

2. Why cant Iran have nuclear weapons? The COLD WAR created the guise, that if two equals have nuclear weapons, then neither would use them , due to MAD. It seems this only applies to certain countries. If Israel can hold the Middle East hostage with nuclear weapons, it creates a very differnt mental atmosphere amongst nations, this is why the terrorists hate us.

3. Israel disobey the United Nations regularly, why is it such a big deal when someone NOT backed by the USA does it.

4. Iran probably ARE building nuclear weapons, they arent making powerplants in the mountain now are they. But to date, Iran have NEVER attacked a nation. They have always been the defenders, so why all of a sudden is the world in great danger from them?

5. Its well know the US lied about IRAQ's weapons, and is LYING about IRANS rhetoric, its for these reasons the United States cannot do anything about Iran.

6. Iran deserve the right to defend themselves. The USA and Israel have been threatening Iran day and night, the USA has proven its integrity over soveriegn nations by brutally invading and occupying Irans neighbour. It is for these reasons Iran NEEDS the bomb to ensure no nations tries to lie, and occupy another middle-eastern oil-rich nation.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
How many reports have we seen where the IAEA have said that there is no evidence of a nuclear program? Only to be countered with something like this. It is just getting ridiculous at this point.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Like it or not, since Iran started going after Nukes, 13 other countries in the ME now have Nuclear agendas on the table.

In other words, Iran sparked an arms race. Why do you think these other 13 Middle East nations are concerned about Iran and never were about Israel?

Answer this in a well formulated manner and give supporting evidence that these 13 nations are wrong to worry about Iran.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
they arent doing it to -counter- Iran, they are more doing it because Iran showed the world that because of the USA's misadventure in Iraq, they no longer have the political power to enforce its no nuclear policy.

I mean, lets face it.

America doesnt have the power or the economic might any more to force these nations into line.

Why on Earth do you believe other nations feel threatened by Iran with the bomb?

As i have said, Iran have NEVER attacked another nation, why would they?
Why would they need to all of a sudden?
Plus,

Its not like the United States NEEDS Oman, Saudi etc etc to defeat Iran 'with nukes'

For Oman to be building nukes 'because' Iran is, is like saying I joined Michael Jordans Bulls to HELP them beat some average team.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
History
In the early 1950s, the first edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders grouped alcohol and drug abuse under Sociopathic Personality Disturbances, which were thought to be symptoms of deeper psychological disorders or moral weakness.

The third edition, in the 1980s, was the first to recognize substance abuse (including drug abuse) and substance dependence as conditions separate from substance abuse alone, bringing in social and cultural factors. The definition of dependence emphasised tolerance to drugs, and withdrawal from them as key components to diagnosis, whereas abuse was defined as "problematic use with social or occupational impairment" but without withdrawal or tolerance.

In 1987 the DSM-IIIR category "psychoactive substance abuse", which includes former concepts of drug abuse is defined as "a maladaptive pattern of use indicated by...continued use despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, occupational, psychological or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by the use (or by) recurrent use in situations in which it is physically hazardous". It is a residual category, with dependence taking precedence when applicable. It was the first definition to give equal weight to behavioural and physiological factors in diagnosis.

By 1988, the DSM-IV defines substance dependence as "a syndrome involving compulsive use, with or without tolerance and withdrawal"; whereas substance abuse is "problematic use without compulsive use, significant tolerance, or withdrawal". Substance abuse can be harmful to your health and may even be deadly in certain scenarios

By 1994, The fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) issued by the American Psychiatric Association ,the DSM-IV-TR, defines substance dependence as "when an individual persists in use of alcohol or other drugs despite problems related to use of the substance, substance dependence may be diagnosed." followed by criteria for the diagnose[4]

DSM-IV-TR defines substance abuse as:[5]

A. A maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by one (or more) of the following, occurring within a 12-month period:
Recurrent substance use resulting in a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, or home (e.g., repeated absences or poor work performance related to substance use; substance-related absences, suspensions or expulsions from school; neglect of children or household)
Recurrent substance use in situations in which it is physically hazardous (e.g., driving an automobile or operating a machine when impaired by substance use)
Recurrent substance-related legal problems (e.g., arrests for substance-related disorderly conduct)
Continued substance use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of the substance (e.g., arguments with spouse about consequences of intoxication, physical fights)
Looking to perform an intervention on a loved one who is abusing drugs or alcohol? This site can definitely help. www.druginterventions.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.druginterventions.net">www.druginterventions.net...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I didn't say I believed other countries were scared of Iran and bulding their own Nuclear Weapons. The British Intelligence Report from MI6 did. I posted a link on the issue yesterday.

No, Iran hasn't attacked anyone yet, but Iran is part of the Nuclear Arms Treaty (Israel is not) and has an obligation to let inspectors in.

By being a member of the treaty, Iran is getting major incentives from NATO countries. It will further isolate itself if the country withdraws from the treaty.

Iran is trying to build Nuclear weapons while getting incentives at the same time.

Iran is a signatory state of the NPT and has recently (as of 2006) resumed development of a uranium enrichment program. The Iranian government asserts that this enrichment program is part of its civilian nuclear energy program, which is permitted under Article IV of the NPT. However, Iran violated its NPT safeguards agreement by pursuing uranium enrichment in secret, after which the United Nations Security Council passed a resolution ordering Iran to suspend its enrichment-related activity.[28] The United States and some members of the European Union have accused Iran of using this program to help covertly develop nuclear weapons, which would be in violation of article II of the NPT. Iran remains under investigation by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Mmmmm... apart from this Albright chappie, it doesn't name anyone else or link to, or directly quote an official IAEA document.
So, what we have are the usual anonymous sources quoting a document that may or may not - because we cannot see it - make allegations against Iran, or even exist for that matter.

This has been done before of course. I'd put more trust in the word of El Baredai than some Washington hack with an agenda.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

ahhh i see, so all this is because they are receiving incentives?
I dont think so!

Why is it ok to build the bomb, not allow ANYONE in and NOT signing the treaty 'ok'
Yet, building the bomb, and signing the treaty, and ALLOWING inspections, is 'not ok'

... you'd have to explain that one to me.

we are sanctioning Iran, what possible incentives are we giving them?

Heres the real reason..

We're eyeballing Iran, because they live on oil fields, just the same way we eyeballed iraq, before we started a WAR.
We arent eyeballing Iran, because the US is so infested by israeli moles, and because Israel has no freakin oil under it.

That is the CLUX of this ENTIRE charade.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
No I am not saying they are paying off anybody.

Ok, then what are you saying when you said:

I'm sure the guy is doing it for free just to keep his job.

What planet do you live on? Doing it for free?

Of course he is going to get paid for doing his job. What on Earth are you talking about?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
1. On any given day, the UN And IAEA are curropt, uninformed and illequiped to do anything... but, when they back up the United States agenders, they seem to get headlines, and their statements are forced down our throats.

While I agree that the UN is corrupt, I disagree with you on your other point. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. The UN gets MORE headlines when their reports refute U.S. claims. Especially here on ATS, anti-US reports spread like wildfire.

2. Why cant Iran have nuclear weapons?

Because they cannot be trusted. Even yourself said that you believe Iran is developing nuclear weapons. So if they are lying about trying to build nuclear weapons and going through extremes to hide this fact, then by simple logic, they cannot be trusted with their motives for wanting to aquire the weapons.

3. Israel disobey the United Nations regularly, why is it such a big deal when someone NOT backed by the USA does it.

Please....Israel is defending itself from attacks.

4. Iran probably ARE building nuclear weapons, they arent making powerplants in the mountain now are they. But to date, Iran have NEVER attacked a nation.

You mean besides the Iraq/Iran war and all the men, money and arms they are currently supplying into Iraq to kill U.S. troops and allied forces right?

5. Its well know the US lied about IRAQ's weapons, and is LYING about IRANS rhetoric

No it's not.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey WhatTheory....

How is it WE get to lie to the UN......

......and IRAN can't?

Remember this?????

"My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we're giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence."

Guess who said that and to who??

1 minute.....and you win a star!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Iran has been caught with these documents by the U.N. not the U.S. and soon Iran will pay the piper. The U.N. for years took the side of Iran but after they have caught them lying many times they are now very concerned.

The U.S. can and will do something about it if Israel doesn't do it first witch it looks like they will any day now.

Iran's air defense is very weak compared to Syria's, The only problem they face is the distance to witch they proved they can do with their recent exercise to Greece.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I invented a time machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took that article and replaced all the IRAN's with IRAQ's...

All the sudden I found myself five years in the past!

top topics

join